Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Yes yes you can explain it six ways to sunday but when all's said and done the truth is Wonder Woman is not a politically important figure in the dcu. Should the most powerful, iconic Woman in all of Comicdom be more than an amuse bouche before the main course that's Superman? I think she should but Zack Snyder & co doesn't think so. But you know what, she's a strong independent woman and that's like the pinnacle of female achievement, what more could you want
    You DO understand that this first appearance is just her Prologue, right? She's going to be with the Justice League in the modern age, kicking off the Age of Heroes right alongside the other guys. Her next movie will be set in the modern world too. She'll make her mark there. What she did in WWI was never meant to be the game-changer.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They clearly do, because we're getting a movie with her name as the title and a leading role in JL, and who knows how many solo sequels if her first does well. She's going fine.
    And the director of her first solo movie may very well get to direct the next Justice League movie.

You think she'll pass on the chance to make Diana look awesome in that movie, too? I think not.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Yes yes you can explain it six ways to sunday but when all's said and done the truth is Wonder Woman is not a politically important figure in the dcu. Should the most powerful, iconic Woman in all of Comicdom be more than an amuse bouche before the main course that's Superman? I think she should but Zack Snyder & co doesn't think so. But you know what, she's a strong independent woman and that's like the pinnacle of female achievement, what more could you want
    And you know this from a couple scenes in BVS and a trailer short of three minutes long,that Wonder Woman isn't important to the DCU?

Remember what Diana said to Bruce? "What if the others didn't want to be found?" She obviously didn't want to be found, and worked hard to keep her name and memory out of people's minds and mouths, to the point where a picture of her 100 years earlier had become so valuable to obtain that a billionaire had to be the one to do this. It wasn't even floated on the net because as Geoff Johns described: she is as powerful as Superman and as elusive as Batman. If she doesn't want to be found, she won't be found nor even thought of. Maybe Wonder Woman's presence in the DC Universe is more of a humble character than one of a boastful and egotistical character. And I can explain.

Lets compare: Bruce grabbed Diana's arm to prevent her from leaving the party the second time he encountered her. Diana is vastly stronger than any human being including Bruce. She was strong enough to apply adequate force to slice doomsday's arm off, arguably the most powerful Kryptonian ever created... even more powerful than Superman. But she allowed Bruce to believe that as a "man", he was stronger, and allowed him to manhandle her somewhat. The whole time she was concealing these powers and never felt it important enough to either tell Bruce or demonstrate who she really was; especially since she knew that he was a cape.

Lets consider her options: she could have strong armed him as Wonder Woman and effortlessly take the drive. Or she could have strong armed Lex Luthor and just as effortlessly take it from him, but as I said before, this is obviously not her modus operandi in the DC Universe; she did not want to be discovered, and most definitely did not want to be seen as a god or a goddess, with a statue erected as a dedication to her.

Superman, on the other hand, man-handled Bruce Wayne/Batman, was very arrogant and dismissive in his approach to Bruce. Hell, he was even dismissive and arrogant to Diana when she first appeared, and the whole time Diana's attention was solely based upon stopping the monster. Diana has nothing to prove and is purely honourable. Flexing muscles to be top dog in the DCU was never a part of her mission as strongly suggested by her portrayal in BvS.

So in the context of "Synderverse" for lack of a better word, Diana could have taken part in defeating the Kryptonians in Man Of Steel, just as she was able to maim doomsday in BVS, but didn't because she did not find her mission (for whatever reason) to be valid in Man's World anymore. Remember in the plane how long it took her to contemplate whether or not she should take part in the doomsday battle? This is a clear answer to your question. Diana did not want to be in the lime light for over a hundred years even though she easily could have portrayed the glorious powerful warrior that she is in history.

Take note: when she decided to cut loose on Doomsday, she most easily captured the attention AND the respect of "Batman" himself. Superman had no choice but to trail behind her in her offensive attack towards doomsday. She and Superman are two different characters, and it is obvious what is important to one and what is important to the other.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 08-23-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Too much like She-Ra...I am struggling with the Macedonian stars, again. Diana's movie shield and tiara look a little, like they belong...in a board game? Just saying...
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I just want DC to not release the whole film in trailers, as they did for BvS and almost as much for Suicide Squad. I want to be surprised by Diana, and how she will evolve in the film, who she will face as a foe... And, despite my glee at it during BvS, I want her character to be understandable without the need of comics history (which was the main problem with Batman portrayal in the film for people who had no knowledge of the various incarnations of the Bat and made him appear stupidely brutal for the general audience).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Superman, on the other hand, man-handled Bruce Wayne/Batman, was very arrogant and dismissive in his approach to Bruce. Hell, he was even dismissive and arrogant to Diana when she first appeared, and the whole time Diana's attention was solely based upon stopping the monster. Diana has nothing to prove and is purely honourable. Flexing muscles to be top dog in the DCU was never a part of her mission as strongly suggested by her portrayal in BvS.
    When did this happen? He was confused about who she was, which is normal because he never met her before and she came out of nowhere, but he was in no way arrogantly dismissive of her.

BANNED

Yes he was. She made an observation about the monster and afterward about defeating creatures from another world, and his arrogance and assumption as top dog led him to flippantly and abruptly ask Batman "is she with you?" As if he she was lying or he didn't take her seriously. This was how it came off to me. And he dismissed her as someone credible before she was able to prove herself. He, an alien from another world, should not be astonished at creatures or "metahumans" like himself who are capable of performing extraordinary deeds. He could have said "who ARE you?" and Diana would have given him a brief response before they both proceeded to attack the monster.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yes he was. She made an observation about the monster and afterward about defeating creatures from another world, and his arrogance and assumption as top dog led him to flippantly and abruptly ask Batman "is she with you?" As if he she was lying or he didn't take her seriously. This was how it came off to me. And he dismissed her as someone credible before she was able to prove herself. He, an alien from another world, should not be astonished at creatures or "metahumans" like himself who are capable of performing extraordinary deeds. He could have said "who ARE you?" and Diana would have given him a brief response before they both proceeded to attack the monster.
    I always interpreted his "She with you?" query to be him taking a poke at Batman, not Diana.

Diana just said "I've killed things from other worlds before." Batman just tried to kill Superman: a "thing from another world."

Since Diana and Bruce seemed to share a common interest: "Killing things from other worlds," he was asking if she and Bruce were friends. It was a dig at Bruce's recent actions. Nothing more.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I always interpreted his "She with you?" query to be him taking a poke at Batman, not Diana.

Diana just said "I've killed things from other worlds before." Batman just tried to kill Superman: a "thing from another world."

Since Diana and Bruce seemed to share a common interest: "Killing things from other worlds," he was asking if she and Bruce were friends. It was a dig at Bruce's recent actions. Nothing more.
    I agree with Vanguard. This is how I took it as well. It was just a little joke.
    Richard Alexander

The "is she with you" isn't an arrogant question. He has literally never met this person before, but she jumped to Batman's defense and the latter seemed to recognize her. Hence, why he asked Batman who she was. He has also never met another metahuman that wasn't tied to Krypton before, and he didn't see Lex's metahuman files like Diana and Bruce have. The fact that there are other metahumans in the world is complete news to him, and he adjusts accordingly. He didn't tell the silly woman to leave and let the men handle the situation or anything, and they fought beside each other pretty well for people who have never formally met before.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just want DC to not release the whole film in trailers, as they did for BvS and almost as much for Suicide Squad. I want to be surprised by Diana, and how she will evolve in the film, who she will face as a foe... And, despite my glee at it during BvS, I want her character to be understandable without the need of comics history (which was the main problem with Batman portrayal in the film for people who had no knowledge of the various incarnations of the Bat and made him appear stupidely brutal for the general audience).
    I stopped watching Squad trailers/clips/spots after the Blitz one, knew what would happen, BvS trailer 2 absolutely 100% ruined the final fight, from the implication WW saves Batman to the ONLY trinity shot in the movie plus the chummy dialogue between Bats&Supes. Eurgh. I am gonna try and WW trailers from here on out.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I agree with Vanguard. This is how I took it as well. It was just a little joke.
    Felt really awks though no one in the 4 screens I went to laughed, maybe cuz it was in the trailer but the way the movie was laid out it did not mesh well at all. Which is why I don't agree with the it needs more levity complaints, film left that to the likes of Perry and Alfred.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    You DO understand that this first appearance is just her Prologue, right? She's going to be with the Justice League in the modern age, kicking off the Age of Heroes right alongside the other guys. Her next movie will be set in the modern world too. She'll make her mark there. What she did in WWI was never meant to be the game-changer.
    Remember what Diana said to Bruce? "What if the others didn't want to be found?" She obviously didn't want to be found, and worked hard to keep her name and memory out of people's minds and mouths, to the point where a picture of her 100 years earlier had become so valuable to obtain that a billionaire had to be the one to do this. It wasn't even floated on the net because as Geoff Johns described: she is as powerful as Superman and as elusive as Batman. If she doesn't want to be found, she won't be found nor even thought of. Maybe Wonder Woman's presence in the DC Universe is more of a humble character than one of a boastful and egotistical character. And I can explain.
    No, Superman ushered in the age of metahumans, he was quote unquote "some kind of beacon for them to creep back from the shadows". I know Superman was meant from the outset to be the one that would change the world way before Wonder Woman was shoehorned into Batman v Superman which forced them to retroactively place Wonder Woman's origin story during world war 1 - the plot of Batman v Superman is premised on it. The reason Wonder Woman's gone incognito is because in years to come Superman would throw the World into upheaval which in the meantime required Wonder Woman to lay low, that's why she forsook the World of Men. Not sure how Wonder Woman vanished from the annals of World War 1, judging by the trailer she wasn't inconspicuous, she vanished because it's crucial to the narrative of Batman v Superman. It goes to show the Snyderverse was built around Batman and Superman, in fact through Snyder's own admission Wonder Woman was an afterthought

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Too much like She-Ra...I am struggling with the Macedonian stars, again. Diana's movie shield and tiara look a little, like they belong...in a board game? Just saying...
    Just occurred to me the northstar on Wonder Woman's headpiece resembles Captain Marvel's (Carol Danvers) HALA STAR :O Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel have the same emblem !!

No, Superman ushered in the age of metahumans, he was quote unquote "some kind of beacon for them to creep back from the shadows". I know Superman was meant from the outset to be the one that would change the world way before Wonder Woman was shoehorned into Batman v Superman which forced them to retroactively place Wonder Woman's origin story during world war 1 - the plot of Batman v Superman is premised on it. The reason Wonder Woman's gone incognito is because in years to come Superman would throw the World into upheaval which in the meantime required Wonder Woman to lay low, that's why she forsook the World of Men. Not sure how Wonder Woman vanished from the annals of World War 1, judging by the trailer she wasn't inconspicuous, she vanished because it's crucial to the narrative of Batman v Superman. It goes to show the Snyderverse was built around Batman and Superman, in fact through Snyder's own admission Wonder Woman was an afterthought
    No, she became a legend because technology back then wasn't what it is today, and there were no valid methods to record her feats. Even that photograph was a very rare instance. It plays into the real life legends of angels on the battlefields of WWI.

And working Wonder Woman into BvS didn't require the WWI backstory. She could have easily just been arriving to Man's World for the first time in this film. They went with the WWI thing because they clearly have a story they want to tell with it. Not everything about her is an afterthought, despite the narrative you're trying to create.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    No, she became a legend because technology back then wasn't what it is today, and there were no valid methods to record her feats. Even that photograph was a very rare instance. It plays into the real life legends of angels on the battlefields of WWI.

And working Wonder Woman into BvS didn't require the WWI backstory. She could have easily just been arriving to Man's World for the first time in this film. They went with the WWI thing because they clearly have a story they want to tell with it. Not everything about her is an afterthought, despite the narrative you're trying to create.
    Is that why they solicited 6 scripts, picked one, ditched it, brought in Geoff Johns/Allan Heinberg at the last minute to whip up a new script…Wonder Woman could've been fresh off the boat in Batman v Superman but not without abbreviating her origin story. They only had 7 minutes in their 240-minute picture to spare or else they might've done that.