Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

We have Superpowered Amazons, I am excited about that!

As for Diana ducking behind her shield, remember she is supposed to discover her powers. I bet money that we are going to get bullets and bracelets as the next shot as she tosses away the shield.
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

I don't care how Wonder Woman came into the world and whom she got her powers from, personally I'm more concerned with how she's portrayed in this movie coz when all's said and done what "defines" Wonder Woman is her personality. And I was scared sh!tless she was gonna sound like Madison the Mermaid from Splash, I'm super relieved she doesn't sound like that

Extraordinary Member

Watched this earlier. It looks great.

Liking the brought to life by Zeus angle - hope that don't EYKIAL it.

Etta! WOO WOO!

As my expectations rise, I find myself thinking back to BvS and feeling a sense of dread...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    This cannot be had both ways. If Zeus "doesn't define her/doesn't really change anything" then incorporating him was a waste of time. It was done precisely to define who she is. You don't add a new ingredient to an old recipe for no reason.
    it cant? matter of fact its how i interprented the run. its on the page i posted from ww35. in ww33 diana says theyre only titles, not necessarily who she is. upon which she says my name is diana. in 35 shes at again, saying she only needs to be herself.

which is why i think perhaps its something theyll choose to touch upon in the film. idk, i dont think itd hurt if they did.

perhaps someone who gets to hear stuff about that persons gender, sexuality, blood or what not could get a little push from such thing in a story? i know i did. become a bit more open as well. so win win.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Another thing?

Chris Pine may be about to become the guy who changes my opinion on Steve Trevor. I never really hated the guy, but I always found him boring as crap. Pine is giving him a real charm that makes me already much more positively inclined toward him.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Another thing?

Chris Pine may be about to become the guy who changes my opinion on Steve Trevor. I never really hated the guy, but I always found him boring as crap. Pine is giving him a real charm that makes me already much more positively inclined toward him.
    Pine is also pretty hot so that helps

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    I wouldn't know. But yeah, I'm sure that doesn't hurt for the people who are into guys.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

So is she going to try and kill Danny Huston right there in front of everybody? Also we didn't see David Thewlis in this trailer, which is interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    It's early early days but I found the Wonder Woman trailer a little lacking in the 'epic' scale of things.
    That was my sentiment too but... we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    Speaking of hot, as futile as this is, I still am holding out hope that Gal Gadot's Diana and Henry Cavill's Clark will end up being together. I have never seen another actor look more hot in a Superman costume.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post

As for Diana ducking behind her shield, remember she is supposed to discover her powers. I bet money that we are going to get bullets and bracelets as the next shot as she tosses away the shield.
    I didn't see it as ducking as she blocked the missiles effortlessly. But I am wondering if she threw a tank in one of the scenes. I am also wondering which "powers" she will discover, as I didn't see much in this first trailer.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 07-23-2016 at 04:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post

Not a snarky comment, but how can you tell they were super powered amazons?

Ultimate Member

Well that 300-esque jump while firing a bow for one thing. Also the fact that the German's bullets don't seem to be doing much good (despite the Amazons using ancient-style weapons). Not conclusive, but definitely intriguing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well that 300-esque jump while firing a bow for one thing. Also the fact that the German's bullets don't seem to be doing much good (despite the Amazons using ancient-style weapons). Not conclusive, but definitely intriguing.
    I suppose.

Meh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    OH MY GODS

AND "...brought to life by Zeus" NOT HE'S MY FATHER!!
    what a huge disappointment. I love the Zeus origins.

Ultimate Member

Again I wouldn't dismiss it just yet. You know, she might not know the truth yet and all that. We'll see.