Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Hey Nightrider, I was thinking that there was going to be some big revelation in this continuity that Zeus WAS her father after all, just like in the comic books. However, if she was brought to life by the gods, I am more contented with that origin.

I loved looking at Gal through out the trailer.
    This movie may end up being praised by more than Wonder Woman fans or
    just successful because of connection to other D C movies people want to keep
    up to date on, but either way, I will treasure this with many of the other Wonder Woman
    things I have read or watched and collected over the decades.
    Gal looks so regal and strong through out these scenes (and her parts in Batman vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice).
    Even all battled worn or torn, moving gracefully from encounter to encounter across the battle field, she (Gal)
    makes one gaze at how (pretty) she is.

It was pretty good. Sure the trailer emphasized action over story and we don't really know much about the plot, but I imagine that will come in future trailers. I'm honestly surprised how good the film looks, I though Snyder was the only one that could direct good looking superhero films.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Another thing?

Chris Pine may be about to become the guy who changes my opinion on Steve Trevor. I never really hated the guy, but I always found him boring as crap. Pine is giving him a real charm that makes me already much more positively inclined toward him.
    He reminds me of the Steve Trevor from the animated movie, in that he's charming and provides some comic relief, in a good way. If you haven't seen that movie, I totally recommend it.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    He reminds me of the Steve Trevor from the animated movie, in that he's charming and provides some comic relief, in a good way. If you haven't seen that movie, I totally recommend it.
    I totally have seen the animated movie, and actually, I didn't like that Steve much. Especially not the scene where he tried to get Diana drunk so he could try to seduce her. He definitely had his moments, but I found a good bit of his charm more irksome than funny or endearing.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Everyone's super taken with Wonder Woman right now, I haven't come across a single negative opinion on the internet so far, fingers crossed they don't eff it up with subsequent trailers. I feel like there's 5 too many trailers for Suicide Squad, I don't want that for Wonder Woman. One more will suffice.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I wouldn't know. But yeah, I'm sure that doesn't hurt for the people who are into guys.
    it really doesn't hurt at all just thought forgot to mention it earlier haha

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Everyone's super taken with Wonder Woman right now, I haven't come across a single negative opinion on the internet so far, fingers crossed they don't eff it up with subsequent trailers. I feel like there's 5 too many trailers for Suicide Squad, I don't want that for Wonder Woman. One more will suffice.
    only 1 was actually good. I don't care much for trailers, they can be very misleading;

I don't know why Trevor has bad fame, on bronze age and golden age he was really good. some flaws on golden age, but he is human and flawed. Nothing worse than guys like superman and batman, and much better than hank pym.

One of the best trailers for movies. For sure it will be beautiful to watch

I will not get BvS'd or Terminator:Genisys'd again. I am making a choice to not look at any more trailers for Wonder Woman and Justice League because with the current trend in trailers they look like plot summaries rather than trailers.

With this WW trailer I have seen enough to make me want to go (like there was even a remote possibility I would skip it). I don't need to see anything else

Everyone's super taken with Wonder Woman right now.
    You should check out the thread at r/Gamerghazi about this film. You would think that a subreddit devoted to 'SJW' things would be in favour of a Wonder Woman movie directed by a woman, but nearly every comment is negative and mostly about how much DC and Zach Snyder suck.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I don't know why Trevor has bad fame, on bronze age and golden age he was really good. some flaws on golden age, but he is human and flawed. Nothing worse than guys like superman and batman, and much better than hank pym.
    You're forgetting the Silver Age.

Silver Age Steve was a world-class jerk who was constantly manipulating Diana into acting more like a stereotypical 1950s housewife. The "If you loved me, you'd do this....." card was his favorite tactic back in those days.

I know you like to dismiss the Silver Age, but the simple truth is that no comic book era EVER had a bigger impact on popular culture. That was the era where EVERYONE read comics. A lot of people in the world today only know comic book characters by their Silver Age personas. The fact that most of those personas haven't been the same in decades is almost completely lost on such people.

So Steve's bad rep comes entirely from the fact that during the time when comics were at the height of their popularity and cultural relevance, he was a jerk. Hence? Lots of people still associate "jerk" with "Steve Trevor."

Now, hopefully this movie will do much to show people that things have changed, because this is the time when people's perceptions of superheroes and their supporting cast are being re-defined for the first time in decades. But until that happens, you're still likely going to run into this perception that Steve Trevor isn't worth a whole lot.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

Golden Age Steve was a class act and a great character. glad he's going to be in the film. and I'm very happy to see that they've got Etta Candy too. Elena Anaya as a villain also looks promising.

and now... WW1 geek-out time!

they did a nice job with the Fokker E.IIIs. they even put in the obscure Fokker D.IIs! (okay, mabye the B.II, it's hard to tell. but you've gotta be pretty hardcore to include those to begin with)

if they're consistent about doing their homework then the story SHOULD take place somewhere between May of 1916 until the fall of 1916.

combine this with the fact that British soldiers are in the film it suggests we might have a brief glimpse of the Battle of the Somme. that's not a big deal for Americans, because we were staunchly isolationist at that point... but over a million people died in that roughly four-month battle. on July 1st, 1916 approximately 65,000 people died. let that sink in for a moment. over 50,000 people died in a single day. and about half of those people died within a span of six hours. most of those deaths were British soldiers. making Etta Candy British, in my opinion, was a good move.

I'm disappointed that I didn't see any obvious signs of the French army in the trailer. granted, during this time of the war the vast majority of casualties would have been British because Douglas Haig seemed to be a firm believer in simply throwing hundreds of thousands of men at the enemy until they gave up.

Falkenhayn (the German commander-in-chief, who would be replaced by Ludendorff in August) believed that Germany could not win through a decisive battle. his plan was to cause the Allies to lose so many soldiers that they would lose their will to fight and negotiate for peace. he was gambling on the Allies throwing soldiers in to replace their losses. the idea was to keep the tempo of losses at such a high rate that they couldn't replace them.

Haig and Falkenhayn, in their own ways, were treating their soldiers as expendable bullets to be fired at the enemy. this is a gross over-simplification, if we were to seriously study the matter, but for the sake of a Wonder Woman movie this is essentially true.

so... the World War One nerd in me is pretty happy with what I've seen thus far.

my only really serious quibble is in the opening seconds of the trailer: "why is Steve Trevor wearing the Pour le Merite!?!" that's like the Imperial German counter-part to the Congressional Medal of Honor or the British Victoria Cross. I guess this would solidify that he's working as a spy... but, still, that would be an incredibly famous award only given out to extremely accomplished and important soldiers. to make matters worse, every German aviator that won that decoration had a famous and well-circulated postcard (called Sanke cards) of them in open circulation during this period of the war! oh, and there were less than two dozen of them. it'd be like trying to pass yourself off as Babe Ruth in the 1920s when every kid could just look at a baseball card and figure out that you're NOT that guy! however, that quibble aside, it looks really encouraging.

that shot of WW with her shield standing against machine gun fire looks like's modeled after a very famous painting of WW1 No Man's Land. so I like that they're delving into that side of things too.

I know I rambled a whole bunch on this one. but the trailer has me excited. World War One is not something that typically gets shown in American cinema. I just wish that they'd show the French involvement more.

Looks really really good.

I'm going to guess Steve I dies doing something heroic in the action's climax, and a heartbroken Diana leaves, but like Captain America the epilogue of the film will jump to present day and when she comes back just prior to the events of BvS, she'll meet Steve II, agent of ARGUS, and have her socks knocked off because he's identical to his great-grandfather.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Looks really really good.

I'm going to guess Steve I dies doing something heroic in the action's climax, and a heartbroken Diana leaves, but like Captain America the epilogue of the film will jump to present day and when she comes back just prior to the events of BvS, she'll meet Steve II, agent of ARGUS, and have her socks knocked off because he's identical to his great-grandfather.
    You know, that makes me think of Season 2 of the Wonder Woman TV show and how they handled Steve

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Any guesses on who the face mask woman with cracked face may be? I've seen guesses go from Circe, Baroness Van Gunther, Dr. Poison, or Dr. Cyber. She looks to pretty to be Circe, and Baroness would be a better fit if this was a WWII setting...my bet is either Dr. Poison or Dr. Cyber