Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Watch BvS again and think about THAT Batman making fish jokes or having a playful banter with Diana. They totally listened to the feedback. I like it. I was also worried about how Vic would look and I was pleasantly surprised. As a Green Lantern fan, I don't trust WB much when it comes to CGI costumes, but seems like they did well here. This is also the very first footage so obviously it would look better in subsequent trailers. I also have mixed feelings about Barry Allen being so much like Wally West, but I gotta see more before I make a judgment. Aquaman looks good, but those eyes of his look weird to me, I hope he isn't always like that but only when he uses his powers or whatever. Interestingly Mera's eyes turn the same way when she uses her hydrokinesis. The trailer is fine, would've preferred to see some green though.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-23-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They want to play the whole fast-talking/quirky/adorable/nerdy stuff.
    The Felicity Smoak approach? Dear god, it makes sense now lol
    Superhero shows are trash

BANNED

This was a good teaser.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Hit all the right Aquaman notes for me, so I'm in.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    The Felicity Smoak approach? Dear god, it makes sense now lol
    LOL Oh crap.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Looks great to me!

I'm happy they're listening to the critiques they've received. Some of them seemed completely unreasonable to me, personally. But a lot of people seemed to share the problem, so it's for the best. The tone shift looks great.

Aquaman? Total badass. Love his eyes. Can't wait to see him silence the "Aquaman is a joke" critics once and for all.

Cyborg? Need to see more of him, but I like his design. Though I do share others sentiment that it would be nice if they could find a way to not let the only black Justice Leaguer be stuck as a mutilated mess. The hologram thing is nice, but

Flash? I like him, myself. I would prefer him to have blond hair, but I tend to look at a character's personality before I look at their features, and I think Ezra Miller's going to do great.

Diana and Bruce bantering? Awesome!

WB is still making their movies look and feel different from Marvel, while still recognizing the need for change in their approach to CBMs. I personally liked MOS and BvS and don't think they deserved the hate they got. But I'm one voice, and I recognize that changes can help make things better. I think WB deserves a lot of respect for trying to be original in their approach, but it's clear that something wasn't working. This looks like a great attempt to course correct, and I think it's a huge step in the right direction.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    I disagree. Part of the characters motivations and development is because of how he looks. I would also argue that although Cyborg did move past those struggles at the end of the DCU prior to being rebooted into the new 52 that this Cyborg we are seeing from the start and no part of his development should be skipped.
    Concern over his looks was hardly Cyborg's primary character motivation, because that would be rather shallow. Victor Stone was a young athlete, someone whose self image was defined by largely his physical skills and abilities. He was lauded and celebrated for what he did on the football field. And his commitment to football was also a major defining element of his relationship with his father (albeit in a largely negative way. When he became Cyborg, all of that changed and went away. He lost who he was as a person. That's what motivated him.

He was concerned about what he actually was, not what he looked like. It wasn't that he didn't look human it's that--in his mind--he wasn't actually human anymore, at lest not in a way he could recognize. So having the ability to cast an illusion that his body is whole really wouldn't alter the real internal struggle he'd be dealing with..
    Last edited by kalorama; 07-23-2016 at 03:18 PM.

I feel like they've lurched from one extreme to the other tone wise and I am not pleased.

Looks good, but a bit too much of HISHE's batman... "I'm Batman...wanna know my secret identity?"
    Is it 2017 yet?

Looks pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Snyder has pulled off 2 great movies so far.
    300 and Watchmen??

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    300 and Watchmen??
    His Dawn of the Dead remake was liked. Everything else is kinda mixed depending on who u ask lol
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    300 and Watchmen??
    I always feel like I'm the only one who liked Sucker Punch. lol Legends of the Guardians was cool though.

Damn this looks cool...but I had the same reaction to the trailers for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, so I've learned not to trust myself with these trailers...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Watch BvS again and think about THAT Batman making fish jokes or having a playful banter with Diana. They totally listened to the feedback. I like it.
    I'm much more worried about him still slaughtering people when they look at him sideways than I am about whether or not he can joke.