Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I'm stoked and eagerly anticipating the movie. It it going to go head-on with STAR WARS EPISODE VIII in terms of release timing?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I think it is roughly four weeks ahead.

Star Wars would destroy it on an equal playing field. It definitely needs to be released a month or so before or after.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I think it is roughly four weeks ahead.
    Gives it some time to make its bank before running into the STAR WARS behemoth. Man oh man: the Fall/Winter of 2017 is going to be BIG for geek cinema.

I'm also wondering if Bruce will let Barry keep the Batarang.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Tbh I didn't know a Star Wars film was happening this soon, given the hype for SS I doubt it will be damaged.

It was originally supposed to be even sooner, VIII was originally supposed to release in the summer, but got delayed to the winter again like The Force Awakens.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

All-New Member

I liked flash and his costume as well as bruces interaction with aquaman. I assume he is going into this not worried about protecting his identity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Tbh I didn't know a Star Wars film was happening this soon, given the hype for SS I doubt it will be damaged.
    With a month lead in... it should be fine. If it was within two weeks of Episode 8 that could have been an issue. Star Wars is a juggernaut because the kids who watched the original four are now bringing their kids to watch them. You saw the evidence this past winter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It was originally supposed to be even sooner, VIII was originally supposed to release in the summer, but got delayed to the winter again like The Force Awakens.
    It would be unwise to challenge the Star Wars (with characters from the original) juggernaut

I can definitely see this movie taking notes from the Avengers and adding in some comedy. The trailer pretty much confirms that. Too bad we aren't getting the two Greens, arrow and lantern.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Meh....it was okay. There are improvements to be made, but it's early yet.

My opinion here:
    Overall, I liked this buzz clip. I just had a few nitpicks.
    I agree with some posters that something doesn't seem right about the Barry Allen. The whole time I felt like Bruce was recruiting from the Teen Titans in that scene. In most portrayals of Batman, anytime he recruits people for something, it's because of their knowledge and background, not just their superpower. This scene felt like Bruce was just picking out Barry because he could move fast. It also, as previously mentioned, felt like the Tony Stark recruiting teenage Peter Parker scene from Captain America Civil War. I also didn't care for the costume as it looked very metallic in this teaser.
    My other nitpick is why does this universe look so muted colorwise? Is there a problem with the sun? I can understand things looking dark and gloomy in Gotham but seriously? It is pretty dark and gloomy in this universe.
    That's all I have to say. Otherwise, loved the clip and am looking forward to the film.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCarrot View Post
    My opinion here:
    Overall, I liked this buzz clip. I just had a few nitpicks.
    I agree with some posters that something doesn't seem right about the Barry Allen. The whole time I felt like Bruce was recruiting from the Teen Titans in that scene. In most portrayals of Batman, anytime he recruits people for something, it's because of their knowledge and background, not just their superpower. This scene felt like Bruce was just picking out Barry because he could move fast. It also, as previously mentioned, felt like the Tony Stark recruiting teenage Peter Parker scene from Captain America Civil War. I also didn't care for the costume as it looked very metallic in this teaser.
    My other nitpick is why does this universe look so muted colorwise? Is there a problem with the sun? I can understand things looking dark and gloomy in Gotham but seriously? It is pretty dark and gloomy in this universe.
    That's all I have to say. Otherwise, loved the clip and am looking forward to the film.
    Regarding your nitpicks, 1) BvS implies Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg are the only meta humans, plus super speed is incredibly useful it is not like Bruce is spoilt for choice here lol 2) That is just Snyder's film making style see WW poster and trailer as a comparison.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

[QUOTE=Baggie_Saiyan;2193818]Regarding your nitpicks, 1) BvS implies Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg are the only meta humans, plus super speed is incredibly useful it is not like Bruce is spoilt for choice here lol 2) That is just Snyder's film making style see WW poster and trailer as a comparison.[/QUOTE

Somewhat true about Bruce's limited choices, but considering this film comes out after Suicide Squad, "realistically" he would probably assume there are even more meta humans out there to discover. I believe he would be more likely to just not include Barry at all, unless the Barry in this film turns out to be something other than a teenage slacker with powers. Maybe he is a gifted teen mentally as well as having this fantastic speed power. And of course the Justice League needs its Flash. The clip just seemed to dumb Barry down and that didn't sit well with me.

While there's nothing in the clip to suggest Barry is still a CSI, there's also nothing to suggest that he's not. While we dont see it here, at the moment there's no reason to assume that Bruce isnt also interested in Barry's forensics training as well as his powers. And of course Bruce already "met" Barry in BvS via time travel dreamscape (before he hacked Lex's files). Of all the people Bruce is looking to recruit, Barry actually makes the most sense. Speedster, time traveler, possibly a scientist (until DC says otherwise I assume most aspects of each character's mythos are intact).

Sure, he's young.....but so are rookie cops.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    While there's nothing in the clip to suggest Barry is still a CSI, there's also nothing to suggest that he's not. While we dont see it here, at the moment there's no reason to assume that Bruce isnt also interested in Barry's forensics training as well as his powers. And of course Bruce already "met" Barry in BvS via time travel dreamscape (before he hacked Lex's files). Of all the people Bruce is looking to recruit, Barry actually makes the most sense. Speedster, time traveler, possibly a scientist (until DC says otherwise I assume most aspects of each character's mythos are intact).

Sure, he's young.....but so are rookie cops.
    They have said he's a CSI in several interviews. It's not an ambiguous point.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--