Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Marvel Announces Animated "Secret Wars," Skottie Young-Style "Rocket & Groot"

Marvel broke news that the next season of "Avengers Assemble" will feature a new cast, and announced a "Rocket Raccoon & Groot" series of shorts.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

Why do they mention Jane when she isn't shown? Kamala's the only non-MCU hero there (or at least, not announced for the MCU), which just shows how high her star has risen.

Why does Wasp have an Ant-Man helmet with an otherwise comics-accurate costume? IN the comics, the only girl that wears one is Stinger. Both Wasps wear a hood or nothing on their head.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Not quite sure why this is called Secret Wars when it's basically the ANAD Avengers, plus or minus the odd person, though it's still an interesting cast. Or are they going to be running about Battleworld's various landscapes? Would have been more interesting if they'd utilised some popular alternate versions of the Avengers like Spidey 2099, Gladiator Steve Rogers, 1872 Iron Man and the like.

While I'll just gently rub my temples with regards to the Avengers, that Rocket & Groot 'toon looks incredible.

So we have to wait until next season to see Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan debut? That's disappointing, but I'm willing to be patient. For Kamala Khan and Carol Danvers, I will do what I must.

Still don't know if the Jane Foster Thor is confirmed. Hearing some conflicting reports about whether she's involved. Hope this gets cleared up.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

^No, they just actually become Avengers next season. Isn't Ultron Revolution still only half way through?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Not quite sure why this is called Secret Wars when it's basically the ANAD Avengers, plus or minus the odd person, though it's still an interesting cast. Or are they going to be running about Battleworld's various landscapes? Would have been more interesting if they'd utilised some popular alternate versions of the Avengers like Spidey 2099, Gladiator Steve Rogers, 1872 Iron Man and the like.
    Spidey 2099 already appeared in Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors.

And this team is actually a mix of three ANAD Avengers (Kamala, Vision, and if she's there, Jane), two Ultimates (Panther and Carol), and an Uncanny Avenger (Wasp). Scott isn't currently an Avenger in the comics at all, and hasn't been since before Kamala and Jane got their powers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-23-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Is it me, or are Marvel's cartoons weak sauce for a company owned by Disney?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Is it me, or are Marvel's cartoons weak sauce for a company owned by Disney?
    Yeah, long gone are the days Marvel would do quality animated movies worthy of DC's current crop. Disney only cares about average cartoons for younger audiences, it seems.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    So we have to wait until next season to see Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan debut? That's disappointing, but I'm willing to be patient. For Kamala Khan and Carol Danvers, I will do what I must.

Still don't know if the Jane Foster Thor is confirmed. Hearing some conflicting reports about whether she's involved. Hope this gets cleared up.
    That was the report BC received. If not true, then CBR nicked it off BC 8-)

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

That Rocket Raccoon teaser looks a lot nice than anything Marvel has been putting out lately. If only all their shows looked like that!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    an Uncanny Avenger (Wasp)
    I'm sure The Wasp will be Hope, she isn't an Avenger yet... at least not in the MCU and if you don't count Nadya Pym (616)

BANNED

Unless the new season of Avengers also has all new designs and all new writers . . . not interested. But the Rocket Racoon and Groot stuff looks like a good bit of fun.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why do they mention Jane when she isn't shown? Kamala's the only non-MCU hero there (or at least, not announced for the MCU), which just shows how high her star has risen.

Why does Wasp have an Ant-Man helmet with an otherwise comics-accurate costume? IN the comics, the only girl that wears one is Stinger. Both Wasps wear a hood or nothing on their head.
    Probably more in line with the movie version of the Wasp, who did/does/will wear a helmet. Janet van Dyne in the Ant-Man movie was shown to wear a helmet, at least in concept art, and Hope's costume in the mid-credits scene that Hank Pym showed her included a helmet as well. And let's not forget that Ant-Man's design in Avengers Assemble (and now Avengers: Secret Wars) was heavily MCU-inspired. Come to think of it, it does seem awfully arbitrary that some designs are more-or-less lifted straight from the MCU and others take more after the comics or have their own unique twists.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That's...a pretty radical roster shift going from season 3 to season 4 for Avengers. I wonder what happens to the original team in Civil War that necessitates a completely new group with no carry-over? Civil War?

I wonder how they're going to introduce Jane? "Hey, here's Thor's old girlfriend Jane Foster who we've never seen or heard from before, and now she's suddenly Thor for some reason while Thor isn't!"

Why am I not surprised that we're getting Hope instead of Janet? Though I'm happy to see them adapting the Ant-Man movie suit .

Marvel's subtitles usually aren't very indicative of the actual content of the season that much, so I wonder what elements from Secret War will find there way into the show? Will the Beyonder be sending villains against this team? Will they be fighting Incursions?