Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

Not being an Xmen fan, I was willing at first to write this one off as not interesting to me.
    I'll admit though, this has me interested.
    The quirkiness of it all.

Interesting take on the source.

I'm in.

Initial reaction Mr Robot meets Scott Pilgrim. It is very fashionable to make unreliable narrator style TV at the moment, and when genre TV copies trends it can be a bit of a mess. We will see how this pans out, but Marvel have always struggled with this character.

I liked the Spurrier storyline, but that was clearly designed to wipe him out of continuity in the vein of Butterfly Effect, and even that didn't seem to stick, with characters in other comics occasionally mentioning him as if the memo that he never existed never got sent.

I am not sure I am the target audience for this show, so I can't really decide if it looks promising or headed for a calamity, but if they pull it off it will be against all odds.

I enjoyed the trailer. I'm genuinely curious about this show. If it's on FX, then it can get away with a few things that can't be done on ABC. So that helps. It really depends on how this show develops. The first season of Supergirl didn't really tie into a larger superhero universe, but the second season will. Perhaps Legion can do that for the X-men universe.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think the advantage this show has is that it won't be set in the X-Men Movie Universe, so they have a little more free reign with doing their own take on his dad Charles Xavier, for example.