Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Wonder Woman in Justice League Trailer

What do you think? Not to piss on the fire or anything, but I thought BOTH Wonder Woman and Batman were going to recruit the "meta humans" in the Justice League. From the trailer, it seems like only Batman is doing the work.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Bruce to send Diana to recruit Aqua-Man? I appreciate that this is a trailer, but I am already speculating about this in a slanted way.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 07-23-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Aquaman turned Bruce down. Diana likely recruits Cyborg and convinces Aquaman to join them. Also that was not a trailer.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Aquaman looks like a berserker wow he's intense

BANNED

And Flash is somewhere on the autism spectrum

Hey just be glad Wonder Woman is alive for even the possibility of recruitment. But yeah, the high likelihood is that Batman does the bulk of the heavy lifting in that department. Because well, we all know why.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    And Flash is somewhere on the autism spectrum
    flash is weird;

nice banter batman and WW. doesn't look like a DC movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    flash is weird;

nice banter batman and WW. doesn't look like a DC movie
    He's totally overacting in my opinioné, unless Snyder's vision for the Flash is that he suffers from Asperger's which is totally legit, I'm not saying otherwise.

Incredible Member

The set reports for JL strongly indicate that Bruce goes after Flash and Diana goes after Cyborg. I guess Bruce also tries to get Arthur, but fails. Maybe Diana will seal the deal by forging an alliance between the Amazons and Atlanteans?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    He's totally overacting in my opinioné, unless Snyder's vision for the Flash is that he suffers from Asperger's which is totally legit, I'm not saying otherwise.
    I am thinking he is actually more of 'very lonely nerd' character who thinks he's alone in the world about being special... and without the fortitude to go meet Superman. So yeah, I think Bruce showing up like that is just the biggest moment in his life.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I am thinking he is actually more of 'very lonely nerd' character who thinks he's alone in the world about being special... and without the fortitude to go meet Superman. So yeah, I think Bruce showing up like that is just the biggest moment in his life.
    That's my take as well. The fact that Barry is also having trouble using his powers without damaging his surroundings would seem to be a factor in his feelings of isolation as well. We saw that security camera footage. A short sprint to take out a convenience store robber caused a lightning barrage that did at least some damage to the store he was trying to help.

It makes perfect sense that he'd feel like he can't be around too many people, and that he'd jump at the chance to be around other people who are as different as he is.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I don't why people are so concerned with who recruits who or how many? Like seriously who cares, it is only going to take up the 1st act of the film at most.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

What I don't get is why people comment on issues/things they proclaim to not care about; what a waste of time when they could actually be doing something that they do think is worthwhile.

ANYways, my only concern is that in a team of men, Wonder Woman is bound to get overshadowed similarly to that of her fate in the Superfriends. After all, we only saw two scenes with Wonder Woman, while Batman had scenes with everybody else. But maybe I am overthinking it. That has happened before.

I don't mind Barry, Victor, or Arthur getting tons of attention in the teaser because there characters are considered archaic, if not, virtually unknown, outside of the comic book world. Ok Flash, not so much, but I would have loved to see a teaser of how Wonder Woman interacted with the people she did try to recruit.

As a Wonder Woman fan, I have become very pessimistic with regard to how creators treat her character.

I suppose I will wait to see more!
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 07-25-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I don't why people are so concerned with who recruits who or how many? Like seriously who cares, it is only going to take up the 1st act of the film at most.
    I think people are just hoping that Diana gets her own opportunities to be awesome and relevant to the story. Having Diana recruit at least one of the other members of the team by herself would be a nice way to show her alliance with Batman is a partnership of equals, rather than just her following him around like a subordinate.

We're all so used to seeing Batman made into the only hero who matters in the comics. Some people are a little worried that the same thing will happen in the movies: Batman just takes over everything and Justice League starts to look more like "The Adventures of Batgod and His Minions." Letting Diana make an accomplishment or two of her own, independent of Batman, would be a nice way to show that that's not what we're heading for.

I certainly agree that I don't want Diana to look subordinate to Batman. I want to see her make her own important contributions. But there are other ways to show that without dividing up the recruitment attempts. Do I want her to be the one to recruit Cyborg and/or Aquaman? Sure. That'd be cool. But as long as Diana has other moments of importance, I won't get too worked up about it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

The Bruce/Diana banter was pretty fun I thought. Also if the rumors of a spoilers:
    Previous alliance between the Amazons and Atlantis (and Humanity) that turned back a previous invasion by Darkseid and co
    end of spoilers Turn out to be accurate, then there's your way to have her convince Aquaman to join.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I think people are just hoping that Diana gets her own opportunities to be awesome and relevant to the story. Having Diana recruit at least one of the other members of the team by herself would be a nice way to show her alliance with Batman is a partnership of equals, rather than just her following him around like a subordinate.

We're all so used to seeing Batman made into the only hero who matters in the comics. Some people are a little worried that the same thing will happen in the movies: Batman just takes over everything and Justice League starts to look more like "The Adventures of Batgod and His Minions." Letting Diana make an accomplishment or two of her own, independent of Batman, would be a nice way to show that that's not what we're heading for.

I certainly agree that I don't want Diana to look subordinate to Batman. I want to see her make her own important contributions. But there are other ways to show that without dividing up the recruitment attempts. Do I want her to be the one to recruit Cyborg and/or Aquaman? Sure. That'd be cool. But as long as Diana has other moments of importance, I won't get too worked up about it.
    What he or she said.