Super Moderator

Default SDCC: New Marvel Studios Logo and Opening Fanfare Revealed

Marvel Studios films will open up in a whole new way starting with "Doctor Strange," with a new logo and a new opening fanfare.

Full article here.

Probably did this so people would start noticing the different between a Marvel Studios movie and a Fox movie. The red and white one was a little to close to Marvel Entertainment.

BANNED

The music is just okay, like the one from 1st Avengers era better. But it's cool that we now have enough artwork and footage to cut together a fully original fanfare.

All-New Member

Not entirely sure why but I love the little detail of the dialogue from the scripts.

Someone on another board mentioned a similarity between the new 'Marvel Studios' open and those old HBO 'Feature Presentation' intros from back in the day. They have a point, the logo has a feel of a commercial. That's ot Necessarily a bad thing but it is different than previous, more traditional studio logos.

Not a fan of the music but he visuals are great from the comic book to films transition and the final silver / steel logo.

A bit more "anthemic" on the music, and it's a sure winner, like the old theme - but it still raised the hairs on my arms, so that's a SCORE.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Not a fan. Get what they're going for but doesn't do it for me and over half a minute long?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Not a fan. Get what they're going for but doesn't do it for me and over half a minute long?
    Yeah. Same here. I don't see any reason why it needed to be thirty-some-odd seconds long.

Astonishing Member

My only complaint is that it's too long. I get that they're trying to highlight their expanding roster of stars and characters, but that takes way too long to get into the film.

Shouldn't the ident be 10 seconds maximum? Only TV channels need 30 second ones.

Spectacular Member

Not a fan. I preferred the old music and the use of comic book images as if they were flipping through the pages really quickly to create animation like an old film reel. I get them wanting to use images from the films now that they have so many, but I just didn't like it.

Pretty awesome. 10 seconds or 30 seconds, who cares. It's the opening fanfare for cinematic presentations. It gives a nod to all the characters currently introduced and sets the tone for what you're about to see. Pretty damn awesome.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I like it. Marvel Studios is a real bright spot this year.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Fantastic Member

The music seems a tad uninspired. Nothing really catchy or iconic about it to me. Maybe it will grow on me with subsequent viewings.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.