Default Silk #11: I <3 Analog!

Another great issue from Thompson, Ford and crew.

I can't put my finger on exactly why yet, but this issue had little tears running
    down out of the sides of my eyes.

Perhaps it's because of the spoilers:
    strange comic book way her old boyfriend comes back in a spirit body, and
    the only way she can get a hug is when he play tackles her to the ground (so happy!) .. then fades
    away to smoke as they hit the ground
    end of spoilers

Or maybe it was spoilers:
    the therapy session where they are probing her anger, from being in the bunker for
    a decade, alone. The way she is written and drawn I really get sucked into her shoes, because I
    had similar feelings when I was a kid. <3 this girl, wanted to give her a hug myself.
    end of spoilers

And finally maybe its the way JJJ spoilers:
    calls her Analog and treats her like family no matter what she does
    ... and maybe its how we are set up to think her friends might be turning against her (from being
    rejected and blown off), when they are actually thrilled to death when they find out her deal and
    give her a big hug so she is not alone anymore.
    end of spoilers

Also - very cool how at the end of this arc, the new one starts with spoilers:
    her and her friends walking
    through a dimensional door into what looks an awful lot like one of Dr Strange's mystical
    realms
    end of spoilers

ASM is pretty cool lately I guess - the art and coloring are amazing! - and its interesting that
    they are trying a new direction and shaking things up, it just hasn't quite jelled for me yet.

But I love this book, the character development and the cast. Silk is my favorite Spider title right
    now, followed closely by Spider Woman and Gwens book in a virtual tie, and its been that way
    since the relaunch following SW II.
    Last edited by Von; 08-04-2016 at 04:26 PM.

I was really confused about what happened to Hector...so, he broke up with his fiance (presumably because he couldn't get over Cindy), and then he's caught in a random blast of magic that basically killed him but also revived him through possession by a spirit but now he can't physically touch anything unless it's through some form of combat. Or something like that .

I guess it is kind of an interesting wrinkle to have the person that's the closest thing Silk has to a love interest be someone who, not only has so much history with her, but who it's difficult to have any real physical intimacy with. I mean, when can anything be easy for her?

Cindy is probably one of the smarter Superheroes in the entire Marvel Universe given she actually sees a therapist about her personal problems, and it seems to be really doing her some good. Of course, Doc Samson's been dead for a while, before Bendis inexplicably revived him, so I guess the Superhero community haven't had many options .

It's almost kind of sad that this book has been the best Jonah's been written and portrayed in years, and it's not even in the main Spider-Man book. Granted, that seems to be going around a lot lately...

With how quickly people are figuring it out the secret identities of all the other Spiders, it's even more amazing that Peter has been able to maintain his and keep the number of people who knew relatively small for such a long time.

Not that I'm against Cindy's co-workers helping her now that they know she's Silk, but...taking civilians into a dangerous and unknown situation like that feels kind of irresponsible. It would be like Peter taking MJ out with him on patrol when she's just an untrained, if competent and good in a pinch, civilian.

As much as Tana Ford's is fine, I still really miss Stacey Lee...the difference between them on this title is just night and day .