Default Rebirth: Consistent story line?

I don't want to write an epic post where I dissect every Rebirth book released so far, but one thing that I am struggling with is the lack of a consistent story line portrayed from one book to another.

SPOILEEEEERZ!!

For instance, Superman is telling the story of the remaining Supe's, his Lois and his son. In #3, he's fighting the Eradicator in the fortress of solitude.
    In Batman, Bat's is running around following a trail of clues that lead him to a Watchmen crossover.
    Wonder Woman is retelling her origin story.
    The Green Lanterns are mooching around getting into random fights and arguing amongst themselves (2 new Lanterns if I've understood correctly)
    There's a new Chinese Superman/boy who's doing his own thing and having his origin story told.

And then... Then there's suddenly a JL episode where the entire world is being thrown into dissaray by planet wide earthquakes. Some of the same chaarcters are now having two or maybe three story line paths at once and then others are having their separate story lines, in the same time frame, where these earthquakes aren't even mentioned.

How are you meant to read this crossover???

BANNED

They don't crossover there's no reason to assume that all these books are taking place during the same exact timeframe. Comics have never worked like that. Unless your having a crossover event or making a quick reference most of what happened in another book or even story won't be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    They don't crossover there's no reason to assume that all these books are taking place during the same exact timeframe. Comics have never worked like that. Unless your having a crossover event or making a quick reference most of what happened in another book or even story won't be brought up.
    But this is a crossover - they're all branded Rebirth books??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GigiFusc View Post
    But this is a crossover - they're all branded Rebirth books??
    Rebirth is what there just called to suggest each story is practically starting at issue 0, there gateways into reading the series to come after which starts at issue 1.

For example Flash Rebirth leads up to Flash #1.
    The Rebirth Oneshot doesn't really tie into any comic other then Flash and Titans.

Rebirth is what there just called to suggest each story is practically starting at issue 0, there gateways into reading the series to come after which starts at issue 1.

For example Flash Rebirth leads up to Flash #1.
    The Rebirth Oneshot doesn't really tie into any comic other then Flash and Titans.
    Ok. So even though they all have a Rebirth logo on all the books (not just the issue 0's - they all have it), they're not actually tied in? This isn't a big crossover?

BANNED

Ok. So even though they all have a Rebirth logo on all the books (not just the issue 0's - they all have it), they're not actually tied in? This isn't a big crossover?
    No, it is not. It's more of a "celebration". Each individual character/team is having their own "rebirth" but the only thing connecting them is the timing they are happening in real-world publishing schedules.
    Last edited by GlennSimpson; 07-25-2016 at 05:15 AM.

Not every single story arc will tie in but there is an overarching story that is going to happen over various series such as Titans or The Flash until they lead up to the big story involving the Watchmen or whatever else came out of the Rebirth special.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Pretty much. Like suggested above the only titles really spinning off The Rebirth Oneshot is Flash and then Titans. The way I'd look at it is in the Rebirth Oneshot the pretty much main protagonist was Wally whose a character associated with Titans and Flash so those should be followed more strongly to get the scope of the story.

I don't think it's just Flash and Titans we have to look at, Batman is aware of what's going on so his titles will probably get involved, Supermans dealing with Mr. Oz, and I think even the atom, where ever he shows up, is going to deal with the ongoing watchmen threat.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Pretty much. Like suggested above the only titles really spinning off The Rebirth Oneshot is Flash and then Titans. The way I'd look at it is in the Rebirth Oneshot the pretty much main protagonist was Wally whose a character associated with Titans and Flash so those should be followed more strongly to get the scope of the story.
    As I see it, there is a bigger tale being told, pretty much with Flash characters (there's always one Flash in the middle of DC universe-shattering crossovers) and, according to what is revelled on the SDCC panel, Detective Comics and a couple of other books. But, as I understood, only with sparse clues that one don't need to follow nor will affect other books. And discrepancies are normal in comics. Right now Batman is, alone, dealing with newcomers Gothan and Gothan Girl in one book, surrounded with his family in another and parterning with Superman and Wonder Woman in yet another. Happens.