Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Arisia is alive?! She has died during " edge of Oblivion", hasn't she? How come she is back with the rest of the group?

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Arisia is alive?! She has died during " edge of Oblivion", hasn't she? How come she is back with the rest of the group?
    Both Arisia and B'Dg disappeared into a rift in space, presumably a similar one Baz and the rest of the GLC did at the end of "Edge of Oblivion". Certainly doesn't explain how she and B'Dg arrived with the GLC and Baz did much earlier, but that's just the beginning of the continuity issues between "Edge", "Justice League" and the two Green Lantern series.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Since I am a John Stewart fan I will be skipping this run. Doesn’t look like he will be doing much except being a supporting character. If by some chance John does end up getting some proper panel space, I will pick it up cheap after the run has concluded. No reason for me to support this.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    Since I am a John Stewart fan I will be skipping this run. Doesn’t look like he will be doing much except being a supporting character. If by some chance John does end up getting some proper panel space, I will pick it up cheap after the run has concluded. No reason for me to support this.
    Venditti said that John is going to be the leader of the GLC.

Wow this reverted everything Cullen Bunn did with the characters in the Sinestro run, and he kinda makes Sinestro look like a dick here.
    I do love the page with Sinestro surrounded by his corps.
    That was amazing.

Venditti should do Parallax Sinestro vs Parallax Hal Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Wow this reverted everything Cullen Bunn did with the characters in the Sinestro run, and he kinda makes Sinestro look like a dick here.
    I do love the page with Sinestro surrounded by his corps.
    That was amazing.

I was hoping Arkillo was still on Earth chumming it up with Saint Walker, so it was a tad disappointing seeing him with the rest of the Sinestro Corps.

Still a good issue though, looking forward to the showdown. John Stewart (nice artwork of him btw) and co. will probably have to bail Hal out haha
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Is Hal not the universe's most wanted any more?

And again with the "Hi, I'm Hal Jordan, everybody in the universe. I wear a mask for absolutely no reason."
    Hal has a basic face, there's no doubt about that so the mask adds something to it.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    I think he will have some focus on the next issue, but that's it. All of the solicitations says Hal Jordan and no one else. I would admit that solicitations are misleading, though. I, too have no interest in purchasing this series and John being a focus on a single issue is not really enough to buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    John acted upon as a leader in Edge of Oblivion and he wasn't the main focus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    I'm so happy to be able to read GL again.
    lots of good reviews on the 'net. glad to see that with most of the rebirth titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    John acted upon as a leader in Edge of Oblivion and he wasn't the main focus.
    I don't think Taylor ever said that Edge of Oblivion would have rotating focus' on each Earth Lantern that Venditti is apparently going for with this book, though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    I hope we get that story.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this. It's an improvement for sure I just hope it continues. My only small problem with the art is the artist should work on faces that don't have their mouths open all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Right so he will sit at a space desk and do nothing. While Hal gets to do all the fun and cool stuff. No Thanks. Not falling for the lies anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Taylor ever said that Edge of Oblivion would have rotating focus' on each Earth Lantern that Venditti is apparently going for with this book, though.
    The only thing I remembered Taylor saying was Guy Gardner is his favorite, which "he tends to steal a lot of the scenes". Ethan Van Sciver said Guy Gardner has the bigger focus in Edge of Oblivion compared to John. If you ask me, the story should've still been about John Stewart. The whole point of the story was about how John's leadership affects the survival of the Green Lantern Corps in a different universe. I just feel this was a sudden interruption on John Stewart's development and the editorial was a mess. The story should've start with and finished with the character that was the main focus.

It's really hard for me to believe that Venditti is going to have rotating characters in this book. And it's a book with Hal Jordan's name attached to it. Ethan Van Sciver already said that the book is Hal-centric and John appears occasionally in the book. There should be better clarification.

For some reason, this issue just made me miss Culen Bunn's Sinestro more. It was already bad enough when I realized I would have given an arm and a leg to read a comic book featuring Arkillo and Saint Walker as Earth's protectors (as per the second-to-last Sinestro issue) while I wouldn't care about Green Lanterns even if DC paid me to read it, now the withdrawal symptoms are simply unbearable.