Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Civil War II," "Vision" Conclude, Doom is Iron Man & More in Marvel's October Solicitations

Marvel NOW! 2.0 kicks off, with all-new titles, different heroes and more in the post-"Civil War II" status quo!

Full article here.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Happy to see She-Hulk on the A-Force cover!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Champions sounds fun. The inclusion of young Cyclops is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Happy to see She-Hulk on the A-Force cover!
    Indeed, it's a really beautiful cover and it seems that the series will continue after Civil War 2

The Vision gets its conclusion, and Scarlet Witch continues.

Very boring month, with the exception of Vision like always. I feel jipped that Marquez was advertised as the artist for Invincible Iron Man yet we barely got him for any of it and got stuck with Deodata instead(well that and that instead of an iron man book we are getting a Bendis's pet character prequel book instead).

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Every month that I saw Solicitations, I found more and more difficult to choose something to buy, this is something that even in the 90s, never happened to me until now.

PURCHASING:
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #19
    THE CLONE CONSPIRACY #1 (OF 5)
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20
    PROWLER #1 (Maybe)
    SOLO #1 (Maybe)
    DOCTOR STRANGE #12
    DOCTOR STRANGE #13
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #15
    BLACK WIDOW #7
    AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. #10 (Begrudgingly and only because Elektra is in it)
    ULTIMATES #12
    SPIDER-MAN 2099 #16
    NEW AVENGERS #17
    MOCKINGBIRD #8
    VISION #12
    SPIDER-GWEN #13
    CARNAGE #13
    MOON KNIGHT #7
    DAREDEVIL #12
    DEATH OF X #1 (of 4)
    DEATH OF X #2 (of 4)
    X-MEN ‘92 #8
    ALL-NEW X-MEN #14
    EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #15
    UNCANNY X-MEN #14

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Every month that I saw Solicitations, I found more and more difficult to choose something to buy, this is something that even in the 90s, never happened to me until now.
    Exactly the same ! Even in the 90''s I was not that bored. I'm very happy to stop Marvel comics after Civil war 2 for a certain time. I will just buy Infamous Iron man because the concept is interesting, but I know it will just be good the first issues like always with Bendis, he is not Dan Slott with Superior Spider-man.

Fantastic Member

Not picking up any of the new Marvel Now series but Marvel will be getting my money due to the Daredevil and Realm of Kings omnibus books. Marvel is offering three this month, with Alpha Flight being the third. I hope this means the are selling relatively well as I really like this format. Also am impressed that the DD book contains the first 41 issues. Hope there is a couple of additional volumes as well. It also looks like Marvel might begin publishing some of the Epic editions in sequential order, which would be a huge improvement as am not a big fan of just random editions being released randomly.

In terms of the monthlies, fearing that my purchasing of them will be dwindling to zero as Marvel continues to gradually cancel the series that I'm currently buying. Oh well, there's always back issues and hope for the future...

Fantastic Member

Concerning Death of X: Who really cares at this point? Are there still any diehard X-Men fans who care how the Scott Summers character is screwed over by Marvel? This event occurred quite a long time ago in the 8 month gap from Secret Wars to the present. Whatever impact it had on the present has already been felt. Feels like this series is pretty irrelevant.

Is it wrong that for the second time that I'm actually cheering for the villains to revive the dead hero since then there's actually a chance to get story with them and the heroes can, in time break the villain's hold on them. First it was with Sinister having Logan's corpse and now the Hand have Banner's.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebolt1967 View Post
    Concerning Death of X: Who really cares at this point? Are there still any diehard X-Men fans who care how the Scott Summers character is screwed over by Marvel? This event occurred quite a long time ago in the 8 month gap from Secret Wars to the present. Whatever impact it had on the present has already been felt. Feels like this series is pretty irrelevant.
    I care, for one, but I'm sure they're gonna use it to smear Cyclops's name in the dirt some more. In terms of its relevancy, I can't help but think that something in here is going to lead to IvX.

As for the remainder of the solicits, pretty tame month, honestly, but WHERE, FOR THE LOVE OF CRAP, IS MIRACLEMAN?!?!?! Seriously, Marvel, if Gaiman bailed on it, just frikkin' say so, but this is bullcrap. All of the reprint material hasn't been released yet, and it hasn't been on the solicits for what seems like 6 months now. This is really starting to piss me off...
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Some amazing books that i really love, as usual. But they need to make their publishing tighter, with better artists. (i'm looking at you X-men)

If i am a retailer, i am not even carrying maybe a dozen of these very low tier offerings.

I will be all over that Captain Britain book! dying to read his early stuff. Are those stories from the Marvel UK days? (strangely, its not listed on Amazon)

Overexposed - Deadpool, i have had my fill, close to 100 issues, and its spinning its wheels now, since the wedding issue. I suspect there is a reason there aren't very many Xmen shenanigans in his book.

Well now I know why Ms Marvel #12 is 5 bucks. It's for a Red Widow back-up story that I don't want. T-T;
    wtf even is Red Widow?

And I don't see Renew Your Vows (unless I missed it, lol) so I assume that it's coming out in November or December.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .