Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebolt1967 View Post
    Concerning Death of X: Who really cares at this point? Are there still any diehard X-Men fans who care how the Scott Summers character is screwed over by Marvel? This event occurred quite a long time ago in the 8 month gap from Secret Wars to the present. Whatever impact it had on the present has already been felt. Feels like this series is pretty irrelevant.
    X-fans?
    I think it's DoX leading to IvX, no civil war since DoX and IvX are written by the same creative team, is all the same story, end DoX, start IvX... I just think there's something the x-men did not know, Lemire said something like "not everything is what it seems".... there is something in DOX that knowing that it will IVX....

Fantastic Member

As read from invincible Iron Man, Stark seems to leave voluntarily work iron man, and Riri gets the job. And she works in her name? ok, so the "iron man", is temporary ... It is clear that Riri is intended to be a substitute for Rodhey in disney movies, future RIP Rodhey in the movies also ...

And Victor? It will continue committed to helping Tony, regardless of the opinion of Tony ... victor would be interesting to find out something ...

So the final fight between Tony and Carol sounds like it's going to be in CWII #6 and maybe #7, and now in Captain Marvel #10 as well? It'll be interesting to see if it just gets rehashed in #10 or if it'll be a necessary part. I'm guessing the former.

Black Widow #7 sounds good. I'm always up for a good throwdown. Same for Hellcat #11.

Solo's name is seriously James Bourne? LOL, wow.

Champions seems like it'll be worth a look.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    wtf even is Red Widow?
    She's the "sister" of Black Widow. Her first appearance was in one of those 50th anniversary issues of... SHIELD? At the time it was said that Red Widow is from Earth-199999. Is that still the case? Furthermore, she has a YA novel iirc.
    -------------------
    The original Madame Web is returning in the wake of The Clone Conspiracy?
    -------------------
    I hope the friendship of Felicia and Patsy is still part of their relationship and will matter in these issues.
    -------------------
    I'm glad that Mockingbird is still running Guess my info of it being a limited series was wrong
    -------------------
    Hand possibly reviving Hulk? Hmmmm

Extraordinary Member

As much as I love Ant-Man, Spencer needs to start moving away from Cross.

I don't know why marvel had to hold off their solicits until after comic con, since, other,than spider man, they really didn't announce anything of merit. And for me, I was able to trim my pull list a bit this month.

Not overly excited about another oversized Deadpool issue but whatever.

Deadpool #20 & 21
    Spider-Man/Deadpool #10 (NOT CANCELED!)
    Uncanny Avengers #15
    Deadpool and the Mercs for Money #4
    Deadpool Back in Black #1 & 2
    Last edited by cc008; 07-26-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I care, for one, but I'm sure they're gonna use it to smear Cyclops's name in the dirt some more. In terms of its relevancy, I can't help but think that something in here is going to lead to IvX.

As for the remainder of the solicits, pretty tame month, honestly, but WHERE, FOR THE LOVE OF CRAP, IS MIRACLEMAN?!?!?! Seriously, Marvel, if Gaiman bailed on it, just frikkin' say so, but this is bullcrap. All of the reprint material hasn't been released yet, and it hasn't been on the solicits for what seems like 6 months now. This is really starting to piss me off...
    It's been so long I forgot to check/complain about it's absence. It's the Half Life 3 of comics by this point, much like that game they clearly have the means to make it and it's been QUITE a while, but they refuse to every speak of or acknowledge it's existence in any way.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

With all of these less than spectacular titles out there what have they got to lose by bringing back the Fantastic Four? Will Ike Perlmutter shoot up the place?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Not overly excited about another oversized Deadpool issue but whatever.

Deadpool #20 & 21
    Spider-Man/Deadpool #10 (NOT CANCELED!)
    Uncanny Avengers #15
    Deadpool and the Mercs for Money #4
    Deadpool Back in Black #1
    As a Deadpool fan, do you have an opinion on the Mercs for Money solo books? I feel like they're trying to replicate Deadpool's success with Marvel owned properties, so they're going to give each of these characters a push to see what sticks.

Are you going to get any of them?

At the end of Death of X, we're really going to find out that Scott Summers is not dead and then he will appear in Uncanny X-Men just in time for the Inhumans vs X-Men story. Or maybe we find out that he's joined team Inhumans.

This. I have no words. I'll never complain about other artists Carol's again.

BANNED

Where is the Thanos book?

Imma let you all finish, but Moon Knight 7 has the best creative team of all the solicits listed. Lemire doing his thing, with Stokoe AND Francaville on art? Doesn't look like Smallwood is doing interiors, but he does draw Werewolf by Night on the cover, so this book wins.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Looking forward to Champions, and I see they're releasing a trade of the original team just in time for the launch of the new one...

I'm guessing the "death" in ASM is going to be Anna Maria, which sets Doc Ock off on the warpath now that he has a body back.

On the one hand, it's cool to see T'Challa hanging out with those characters, but on the other hand...I'm not sure about the context. It just seems like more of Coates dragging Wakanda down and making Panther seem ineffectual to stop it.

Will they ever give this "Black Cat Queenpin" nonsense a rest? I hope Leth at least acknowledges Patsy and Felicia's old friendship from Marvel Divas and Felicia isn't a major moustache-twirler in Hellcat. That's about the most I can hope for in her portrayals these days.

Kamala going soul-searching? Hmm...

I have enough issues with Aaron's handling of Dr. Strange himself, so I'm not excited to see him handling Stephen's Rogues Gallery .

I wonder if this is the issue Sam finds out Steve is Hydra?

So the Unity Squad goes rogue after HydraCap betrays them and to save Hulk's body from The Hand?

I can't say I'm looking forward to the final fight of Civil war II. I'm expecting something underwhelming, disappointing, and that will probably hurt all the characters involved in some form.

I guess T'Challa finally gets to enact those anti-Hulk protocols...

They're really pushing the Riri thing as something big.

So Nico is the A-Force member who the Pro-precog side tries to arrest and splits the team apart?

I'm surprised Waid is handling Jane's reaction to Civil War II rather then Aaron, though I guess Aaron doesn't want anything interrupting the momentum of his Thor story (lucky).

I hope Aaron's new origin for Mjolnir is good and worth the wait. Maybe it'll actually explain why Thor (Odinson) can't wield it anymore.

I wonder if Cross interrupts Scott's trial to try and finish him once and for all?

It looks like Deadpool's new, happy, life is finally coming apart.