Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

this was a huge mistake. how could wb let this happen??

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Why on earth would the two of them have sex on an open roof in the open in costume (Only to take it off and reveal their identities)? They couldn't just do it in one of their apartments?

I already despise this story enough for throwing Barbara under the bus, but this new scene is enough to keep many people like myself farther away.

Co-signed.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by cray_ws View Post
    Yep, this explanation is another fine example of how disgustingly pediphelic and chauvanistic the industry is. We have a long way to go before the men in this industry start having the right sensibilities in regards to women. Before anyone accuses me of being a prude. I got no problems with hardcore sex, but I draw the line with pediphilia. This isn't sex with Batwoman, this is a man and young girl. That's rape. I don't care if she's of legal age, it's the intent that 'Babs' is younger child-like to parental Bruce Wayne. Its absolutely pediphelic intent.
    This post is a liiiiiiittle crazy.

A man and a woman of legal are having consensual sex is neither rape nor pedophilia.

BANNED

Yep, this explanation is another fine example of how disgustingly pediphelic and chauvanistic the industry is. We have a long way to go before the men in this industry start having the right sensibilities in regards to women. Before anyone accuses me of being a prude. I got no problems with hardcore sex, but I draw the line with pediphilia. This isn't sex with Batwoman, this is a man and young girl. That's rape. I don't care if she's of legal age, it's the intent that 'Babs' is younger child-like to parental Bruce Wayne. Its absolutely pediphelic intent.
    Barbara is not a "young girl." She's a grown, adult woman. Having consensual sex with a grown man. Therefore it is not--by any existing definition of either word--rape or pedophilia.

That said . . . bringing up Bruce's "parental skills" in discussing this was probably a bad idea.

While I do think this scene should have likely be thought about some more, also the makers of the film should have asked women writers and ask what their input is on this scene.....to say this is pediphilia.....is incredibly extreme...Barbara appears to be in college... they are both adults , yes batgirl name has girl in the title but she is a woman to say she is not one is a disrespect to her character.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Barbara is not a "young girl." She's a grown, adult woman. Having consensual sex with a grown man. Therefore it is not--by any existing definition of either word--rape or pedophilia.

That said . . . bringing up Bruce's "parental skills" in discussing this was probably a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This post is a liiiiiiittle crazy.

A man and a woman of legal are having consensual sex is neither rape nor pedophilia.
    I agree completely on both points.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this was a huge mistake. how could wb let this happen??
    This is the same studio that told Zack Snyder "sure Zack, you can totally make Batfleck into a psychotic murder who tries to flat-out kill Superman." Also Timm has been obsessed with this pairing for like 15 years now.

Ultimate Member

Timm my man, you really need to stop trying to explain yourself. I supported your and Paul Dini's noble efforts to make an entire generation of men and boys think that women in clown makeup are sexy. But this, I didn't like this 15 years ago, and I don't like it now.

Fantastic Member

The Batman and Batgirl stuff was a big part of Bruce Timm's verse, and in Batman Beyond's comic continuation there was even a love triangle thing between Bruce, Barbara and Nightwing, which ended when Barbara got pregnant with Bruce's child and lost the baby, causing Nightwing to leave the team.

I really wish i was making that up.

Found most of the relevant Batman Beyond stuff if you're curious/masochistic enough to have your childhood destroyed.

http://forums.comicshaven.net/index....man-beyond-20/

Mighty Member

I don't understand why they keep going back to this story. It's not a good story and honestly I think it's time to let it go. Definitely staying as far away from this animated movie as I can...
    Last edited by solletaire; 07-25-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    The Batman and Batgirl stuff was a big part of Bruce Timm's verse, and in Batman Beyond's comic continuation there was even a love triangle thing between Bruce, Barbara and Nightwing, which ended when Barbara got pregnant with Bruce's child and lost the baby, causing Nightwing to leave the team.

Found most of the relevant Batman Beyond stuff if you're curious/masochistic enough to have your childhood destroyed.

Oh dear. You know BB was a really good show overall. And even the reasons for Bruce's isolation made sense there. This, ugh just ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I don't understand why they keep going back to this story. It's not a good story and honestly I think it's time to let it go. Definitely staying as far away from this animated movie as I can...
    Who is they and how many times have they gone back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post

To be fair, Bruce Timm really had nothing to do with what happened in the Batman Beyond comic. He wasn't the writer or editor and had no creative input into it. I believe that particular comic was published almost a decade and a half after the TV show went off the air.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Guh, he made Bruce sound all kinds of terrible in one interview.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

So ... just trying to look at it from Timm's view here (I'm not a fan of them together or this scene happening in the movie) ...

Could this maybe be set in the Timmverse? And this is part of setting up the Batman Beyond storyline? Just spit-balling here ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium