Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    If they were going to add to KILLING JOKE and they were worried about how Barbara comes off in the original, clearly the answer is to add the second story AFTER, and have Barbara become Oracle.
    This would have been the direction to go in

Fantastic Member

Just walked out of the theatre. To those bitching about the contents of the article and having the scene in the movie. Take a chill pill. SPOILER!!!! It was nothing more than you'd see on TV after 9pm....and it was over in the blink of an eye. The article made WAY too much out of it. Hell people in the audience actually chuckled over the scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    This sentence made me laugh. Nothing could so perfectly describe how completely Timm doesn't understand these characters then this sequence of events.
    ****, after years of being the guy who seemingly understood the Batman characters better than anyone I guess now he doesn't understand them at all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mfactor View Post
    This would have been the direction to go in
    Have you seen the movie?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    Just walked out of the theatre. To those bitching about the contents of the article and having the scene in the movie. Take a chill pill. SPOILER!!!! It was nothing more than you'd see on TV after 9pm....and it was over in the blink of an eye. The article made WAY too much out of it. Hell people in the audience actually chuckled over the scene.
    Seeing it tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    Have you seen the movie?
    No, I have not. If they did go in that direction then that's great. I was replying to a poster who stated that they should have went in that direction with making the 2nd arc about her becoming Oracle

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mfactor View Post
    No, I have not. If they did go in that direction then that's great. I was replying to a poster who stated that they should have went in that direction with making the 2nd arc about her becoming Oracle

SPOILER.....They left it open for said sequel...stay post credits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    To be fair, Bruce Timm really had nothing to do with what happened in the Batman Beyond comic. He wasn't the writer or editor and had no creative input into it. I believe that particular comic was published almost a decade and a half after the TV show went off the air.
    It doesn't happen like that comic, but Bruce was with her in the old Batman and Robin cartoon too. It also seemed like a pretty dick move in the cartoon too, not to say it's something that shouldn't have happened, because it was interesting. The dynamic of that conversation in the link still happened, there just wasn't a baby. Unless a baby comes up later, but I don't remember. I kind of surprised people would even care if the two were together at this point given it was something that already happened in the cartoon years ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    It doesn't happen like that comic, but Bruce was with her in the old Batman and Robin cartoon too. It also seemed like a pretty dick move in the cartoon too, not to say it's something that shouldn't have happened, because it was interesting. The dynamic of that conversation in the link still happened, there just wasn't a baby. Unless a baby comes up later, but I don't remember. I kind of surprised people would even care if the two were together at this point given it was something that already happened in the cartoon years ago.
    No he wasn't. The only time there was any indication of the two of them being in a relationship was in the Batman Beyond cartoon, and even then it was only mentioned in passing a couple of times. There was no "dynamic" to it. It was already ancient history at that point. There was never any indication of it in the actual B:TAS show. And there was certainly never any hint of anything having to do with a pregnancy, which is specifically what the post I was responding to was making a big deal over. Timm had nothing whatsoever to do with that.
    Last edited by kalorama; 07-25-2016 at 09:05 PM. Reason: typo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    No he wasn't. The only time there was any indication of the two of them being in a relationship was in the Batman Beyond cartoon, and even then it was only mentioned in passing a couple of times. There was no "dynamic" to it. It was already ancient history at that point. There was never any indication of it in the actual B:TAS show. And there was certainly never any hint of anything having to do with a pregnancy, which is specifically what the post I was responding to was making a big deal over. Timm had nothing whatsoever to do with that.
    Yes he was. It comes up in the old Batman cartoon that they had a relationship. I didn't say there was anything to do with a pregnancy, I even said that wasn't something that was part of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Yes he was. It comes up in the old Batman cartoon that they had a relationship. I didn't say there was anything to do with a pregnancy, I even said that wasn't something that was part of it.
    If by "the old Batman cartoon" you're talking about Batman: The Animated Series, then you're absolutely wrong. It never comes up. That's a fact. There was an episode (called Old Wounds) in the final season where Dick and Bruce get into a confrontation over Barbara that leads to Dick quitting his Robin identity and breaking up his partnership with Batman, but it had nothing to do with any kind of personal relationship between the latter two. From a continuity angle, the relationship between Bruce and Barbara didn't happen until many years later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This post is a liiiiiiittle crazy.

A man and a woman of legal are having consensual sex is neither rape nor pedophilia.
    Nor is it incest.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    This sentence made me laugh. Nothing could so perfectly describe how completely Timm doesn't understand these characters then this sequence of events.
    Are you kidding me? Bruce Timm is easily one of the best things that's ever happened to Batman. 20+ years of amazing animation and a few great comics as well means nothing I suppose. It amazes me how quickly people on the internet turn on someone.

And btw, Barbara and the Bruce relationship was briefly mentioned in Batman Beyond, but it was a brief "wink" and it was treated like a mistake.

Apparently, because Bruce Timm was an executive producer for a movie people didn't like, now that means he sucks. Jeez.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Bruce Timm has fallen very far from grace with this action in my book. I accepted this nonsense in the DCAU because it's basically his version of the DCU, but this is not the DCAU, this was someone else's graphic novel. This was Alan Moore's DCU, and now it's poisoned with Timm's sexual fantasies.

"I don't remember who initially came up with the idea"

Attachment 38288

Sure you don't. Mr. Timm, sure you don't.

Attachment 38287

Jeez... What a bad joke. Seriously, it's not even funny.

There was a time when i was a DCAU fan only, and didn't know anything about the comics. Personally now, i thank heaven for people like Gail Simone, Cameron Stewart, Brenden Fletcher, and Hope Larson. People who, maybe in their own way, but treat the character of Barbara Gordon with a certain amount respect, and acknowledge that this character is an icon for a young female audience.
    I just introduced my 3 year-old niece to Batgirl through Super Best Friends Forever shorts, and WB recently made her one of the leading characters in a cartoon show made specifically for young girls. How the hell did Warner Bros even allow them to put this into the Killing Joke cartoon without thinking about the character as a damn role model to young girls??

"his 'parental skills' aren't that great"

...nope. nope nope nope nope NOPE!

...I have no words for how god awful ridiculous this is. This is so stupid it actually makes my blood boil. I need to get off the subject before i punch someone.

Mr. Timm if you're reading this, i hope you're happy with yourself. I feel legit sad and disgusted by what you have done. You crossed a line for me and i hope it was worth it for you. Please consider retirement from DC animation.
    What the heck? Why are you so insistent on bashing Bruce Timm? He's easily one of the best things that's ever happened to Batman. 20+ years of amazing animation and some good comics too means nothing?

Timm didn't even write or direct the killing joke movie, he executively produced it, now he sucks?

Astonishing Member

This bullshit wasn't needed. Batman/Batgirl relationship is one thing I don't like from the DC Animated Universe.