Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Wally's back!! I like his new costume, but I'd rather have his head covered instead of open. And I said it before and I'll say it again. DC should have given him the Dark Flash costume.

Donna's costume is a neat design. Roy's however, is absolutely terrible.

It was a good issue, but not as good as some of the other Rebirth titles. Super cool to have wally back though!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I'm rarely the optimistic outlier but it appears I am here. I loved this comic book. I loved the character beats so much I even came to enjoy Brett Booth, of whom I am typically not a big fan. This was everything I want out of a superhero comic. Though I'm enjoying the whole line, this was my favorite issue of anything DC has put out since the Rebirth Special.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm enjoying the writing on the book a lot but I wish it was some other artist instead of Booth. I'm not liking his art here at all and to me it just looks like the exact same characters he was drawing in Teen Titans just with different costumes and names. There's really no difference here at all between Donna and Cassie for example other than the costume and hair color. I find it annoying anyway. YMMV.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I may have developed a disliking to Donna already... no, been super angry was not good... but whats worse is making her sound and act like some 90'ties sitcom character.
    She seemed out of character--pre- or post-Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Wally's back!! I like his new costume, but I'd rather have his head covered instead of open. And I said it before and I'll say it again. DC should have given him the Dark Flash costume.

I'velong wanted someone to take up the Dark Flash design but with the colors flopped. To redeem it, if you will...

I was also think of troia(Donna)if Barry forgot about wally.did Diana also forget about Donna?

All-New Member

Is it just me, or do the stars on Donna's costume look like she's wearing pasties?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I was also think of troia(Donna)if Barry forgot about wally.did Diana also forget about Donna?
    Yes, she did.

Quote Originally Posted by bcentsale View Post
    Is it just me, or do the stars on Donna's costume look like she's wearing pasties?
    Just you.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    This must be the first Wally-centric arc. in Titans books, right? He used to be mostly sidelined or outright taken away in the team.
    Yes...and then when he decided to leave the Titans the thunder of that announcement was killed immediately by Richard Grayson making the same claim right after. Of course it all then became about Robin's leaving and the 'Kid Flash is leaving' became a dead issue so to speak. (Darn you, Grayson.)

Titans #1: way, way, way too much recapping.

The explanation on Linda? Didn't hold water. Yes, Wally already entreated her to remember him and she didn't. But he did the same thing with Nightwing. It took getting out of the speed force and touching Grayson for Dick to remember. I can't believe Wally has not put that bit of two & two together. It just.... it doesn't work for me. He's desperate to get back to her and yet he forgot how the Titans remembered him? Something that just happened minutes previously?

Otherwise I liked the book.

Definitely just you.
    Unless her nipples are way off to the side and her skin other than her head is naturally jet black....then you might have a case.
    Last edited by Kyer; 07-28-2016 at 02:35 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Read the Issue. I like it and good too see a classic Flash foe magically show up and more information about Wally's dissapearnce but there is only one problem I have with this issue is that Donna's personality changed somehow?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Unless her nipples are way off to the side and her skin other than her head is naturally jet black....then you might have a case.
    LOL well, I mean, I know it's on her costume, it's just that in some of the panels she looked like the stars were placed front and center. But then I was trying to read it to / with my 7yo at the time.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

I dug this issue a lot. Was it the best Rebirth issue? Nope. Did it have to be? Nope. It's just so much fun to have the Titans back!

BANNED

LOL well, I mean, I know it's on her costume, it's just that in some of the panels she looked like the stars were placed front and center. But then I was trying to read it to / with my 7yo at the time.
    I'm just praying for a SIMPLE, UNCOMPLICATED origin story for Donna.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    I dug this issue a lot. Was it the best Rebirth issue? Nope. Did it have to be? Nope. It's just so much fun to have the Titans back!
    I think that's what will make this series a success. It's extremely relevant to what's happening with the DCU right now, but it doesn't try to be some overblown melodramatic action-fest. It's just a solid, fun book. And the characters actually getting along and acting like friends doesn't hurt either.