Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

I adore Pity, and would love to see her join the Marvel Comics canon, but I don't want to see her as a villain. Perhaps the Thunderbolts would be a good fit.

Quicksand is fun. She's like Sandman, only more ruthless. And she did fight Spidey (and Sandman, for that matter) in a 2-or-3-parter in Web of Spider-Man ... a particularly wretched storyline that introduced Sandstorm ... who was never heard from again (but if Slott was willing to reference F.A.C.A.D.E. again, then surely a cameo from Sandstorm is just around the corner).

I would also have loved to see Carolyn Trainer show up in Superior, but was happy just to see Stunner again. That being said, I still think Superior should have lasted at least another year, and that would have given Carolyn ample time to make an appearance. As for Ocks I never want to see again? Carlyle, from JMS' run. He was fun as a throwaway character, but the only reason I'd want to see him referenced again is for Otto to say, "Oh, that guy? Yeah, I killed him shortly after that fight."
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    I adore Pity, and would love to see her join the Marvel Comics canon, but I don't want to see her as a villain. Perhaps the Thunderbolts would be a good fit.

Quicksand is fun. She's like Sandman, only more ruthless. And she did fight Spidey (and Sandman, for that matter) in a 2-or-3-parter in Web of Spider-Man ... a particularly wretched storyline that introduced Sandstorm ... who was never heard from again (but if Slott was willing to reference F.A.C.A.D.E. again, then surely a cameo from Sandstorm is just around the corner).

I would also have loved to see Carolyn Trainer show up in Superior, but was happy just to see Stunner again. That being said, I still think Superior should have lasted at least another year, and that would have given Carolyn ample time to make an appearance. As for Ocks I never want to see again? Carlyle, from JMS' run. He was fun as a throwaway character, but the only reason I'd want to see him referenced again is for Otto to say, "Oh, that guy? Yeah, I killed him shortly after that fight."
    Yeah, I'd agree with you on Carlyle. Otto is occasionally sympathetic and even sometimes redeemable, but Carlyle was just pure scum. Of course, being a con artist who applied his talents to running a corporation --- there's some social commentary there --- being pure scum is something he can't really avoid, I guess.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    At this point, there are also enough existing female spider-foes.

Importing villains from other titles can be a bit weird since the identity of the Sinister Six is that it's a group of Spider-Man enemies.

Technically, there has been one Sinister Six member imported from another book: the Janice Lincoln Beetle made her first appearance in Ed Brubaker's Captain America.
    I would rather see the existing female spider-foes go unto other parts of the marvel universe for some of the female marvel villains I've mentioned. Lady Deathstrike and The Red Queen could force Peter's Spider-Sense to evolve to the next level. I want to see a mixture of female villains who are not limited to the books that they first appeared in. Even Deathbird could fit into Spider-Man's world working alongside The Vulture... Or Dr. Minerva working alongside Morbius and The Jackal....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I would rather see the existing female spider-foes go unto other parts of the marvel universe for some of the female marvel villains I've mentioned. Lady Deathstrike and The Red Queen could force Peter's Spider-Sense to evolve to the next level. I want to see a mixture of female villains who are not limited to the books that they first appeared in. Even Deathbird could fit into Spider-Man's world working alongside The Vulture... Or Dr. Minerva working alongside Morbius and The Jackal....
    I have said it before but I will say it Again. I dont have anything againt team ups, but these choices seem to be based on Little but very superficial reasons. Deathbird and Vulture? One is a intergalactic warrior from a royal Family and the other is an old man in a suit. Other then the extremely thin connection of a bird theme what would these two have in common at all?

Gotta go with Beetle.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Gotta go with Beetle.
    I'd read this just to see how Boomerang and the rest of the Foes plan to win her back to their team.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I'd read this just to see how Boomerang and the rest of the Foes plan to win her back to their team.
    They'd set up a tag team elimination match to fight for her honour at Summerslam, of course

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    They'd set up a tag team elimination match to fight for her honour at Summerslam, of course
    As a matter of fact...

BANNED

A very public rumble challenge. Otto wouldn't dare turn it down.

Incredible Member

I'm curious what Darthfury thinks the next level of Spider-sense is. How much better can it really get? Like future vision of what is to happen the following day type of next level?

I agree with Bor on why Deathstrike and Vulture would ever team up? She would kill him first issue.

Anyone think this clone story can bring back Calypso? I never read her time in Spider-man, but if its anything like Shriek in Maximum Carnage (which I finally read), that would be wicked cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    I'm curious what Darthfury thinks the next level of Spider-sense is. How much better can it really get? Like future vision of what is to happen the following day type of next level?
    Kaine's precognition was a heightened form of spider-sense due to his cellular degeneration.

-Pav, who is excited to see Kaine again soon in the comics...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    A very public rumble challenge. Otto wouldn't dare turn it down.
    Sinister Siiiiix, come out to playyy-ayyyyyy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post

I agree with Bor on why Deathstrike and Vulture would ever team up? She would kill him first issue.

Anyone think this clone story can bring back Calypso? I never read her time in Spider-man, but if its anything like Shriek in Maximum Carnage (which I finally read), that would be wicked cool.
    It was Deathbird working alongside the Vulture. Another good partnership is Arcade & Joystick. But the one person who I would love to see ingrained into Spider-Man's rogues is Dr. Minera...

I would love to see Calypso as a Tigra villain...

Lady Stilt-Man

I like Janice/Beetle too much; to want her stuck in the Six

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Lady Stilt-Man

I like Janice/Beetle too much; to want her stuck in the Six
    Dr. Minerva would make a very good member of The Sinister Six.