Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Nice list, pal. There are a group of female villains that were created against Spider-Man too, although they didn't get too much popularity. They were called the Femme Fatales, and their members were these ones:
    + Bloodlust: Classic feral character, similar to Wolverine or Sabretooth. Long nails/claws.
    + Whiplash: Female copycat of Iron Man's enemy, with several whips at each arm.
    + Mindblast: Typical telepath and telekinetic powers. Her brain was visible in a crystal bowl.
    + Knockout: Strong woman with metalic skin, Colossus' style.

Also, there was Stunner, sidekick/love interest of Doc Ock.
    The Femmes Fatales did get adapted for All-New Ultimates as a street gang that took on the titular team. As for Stunner, I didn't include her because Otto, when he was still the Superior Spider-Man, got her to back off by using the VR technology to masquerade as "himself" and reveal that he'd simply faked his death and moved on with his life and she should do the same. She's got no motivation to go after Spider-Man now, as the whole reason she was after him to begin with was holding him responsible for Otto's "death." However, there is another I forgot --- Joystick, who first appeared in Ben Reilly's stories as a solo Scarlet Spider and later as the Sensational Spider-Man, a thrill-seeker who gained superhuman physical abilities so she could chase thrills on a whole other level. She'd be a pretty good candidate for a Sinister Sisterhood as well, and like Hypestyle indicated, in this day and age, it'd be Black Cat bringing them all together for the purpose of humiliating (and killing) Spider-Man, sad as it is to see her relapse the way she has.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The main reason there weren't women in the Sinister Six was that most prominent Spider-Man foes were male, especially in the 60s when the Sinister Six were formed, and the 90s when they came back. With more female foes to choose from now, that can change.
    A writer can import a non spider-man created female villain into the Sinister Six, like the following:

The Red Queen
    Lady Deathstrike
    Titania
    Stunner
    Man-Killer
    Madam Viper
    Dr. Minerva

Incredible Member

I really like a lot of ideas that were said in this thread!!

That was the female scorpion I spoke of (Scorpia). She indeed does have history with Black Cat and now that Felicia is all evvvillls, it could work.
    For an all female squad, I was thinking Felicia should take the B.A.D.D. girls moniker from Diamondback and bring in Scorpia, Paperdoll and Tarantula. I loved Felicia and Maria's relationship in Heroes for Hire and both have always teetered on villainy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    A writer can import a non spider-man created female villain into the Sinister Six, like the following:

The Red Queen
    Lady Deathstrike
    Titania
    Stunner
    Man-Killer
    Madam Viper
    Dr. Minerva
    I agree, but you have a few left fielders there. Red Queen/Deathstrike could care less of what goes on with Peter, but if you need someone from the X-world there Malice could suffice. She was defeated and harvested by SpOck so she has reason to come for him.

Titania is cool. Did she ever get over her fear of Spider-venom?

I'll have to read Man-killer, she sounds cool yet a bit misogynistic.
    Last edited by Tmacaoni; 07-27-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post

The Red Queen
    Lady Deathstrike
    Titania
    Stunner
    Man-Killer
    Madam Viper
    Dr. Minerva
    At this point, there are also enough existing female spider-foes.

Importing villains from other titles can be a bit weird since the identity of the Sinister Six is that it's a group of Spider-Man enemies.

Technically, there has been one Sinister Six member imported from another book: the Janice Lincoln Beetle made her first appearance in Ed Brubaker's Captain America.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Here are some of the dangerous ladies I'd like to see join the Sinister Six:

Lady Octopus
    Stunner
    Delilah
    Scorpia
    Scream
    Shriek
    Blitz (of the New Enforcers)
    Mad Jack (Maguire Beck)

And you know what would be cool? A female version of Carrion.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The main reason there weren't women in the Sinister Six was that most prominent Spider-Man foes were male, especially in the 60s when the Sinister Six were formed, and the 90s when they came back. With more female foes to choose from now, that can change.
    Agreed on Spidey just does not have any prominent, not forced, female foes.

Look, in the end, not even Shriek, Calypso, or Scorpia, even ranks in Spider-Villains of Lasting Prominent Memorability over decades, not just a couple of years, appeal as even Vermin or Swarm.

I suppose, Black Cat, but the Black Cat I knew was started as a crook for only a few stories, then quickly turned to ally, one time romantic partner, then gradually, friend. Princess Python started in Spider-Man, but quickly became more on general Marvel Universe, against any hero, from Avengers, to Howard the Duck.

To make another, and force "she's gonna be prominent" is forced; to make a female gender-bent version of male supervillain (Doctor Octopus, Scorpion, Kraven the Hunter, your ideas of Electro, Carrion), is forced; and port another hero's villainesses because there is none that stuck on Spidey's wall, is forced.
    Last edited by ngroove; 07-31-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

There's another good candidate: Quicksand.

She's basically a female version of Sandman. She's supposed to be a villain of Thor, but she has a very low popularity. If Sandman would be turned into an ally of Spidey instead of this eternal unbalance between ally and foe, Quicksand could easily take his place in Spidey's gallery of foes.

Paper Doll would be the best candidate methinks. I'd prefer her over a female take on an established male villain like Scorpia or Ana Kraven. And Black Cat has too much baggage right now for me to want to read her in anything.

my first thought was that female Doc Ock that took over during one of his deaths. She seemed interesting and like she had some potential... but don't remember whatever happened to her. Since Ock is out of commission again, May be time to dust her off...

Incredible Member

If done well I can see a female taking over a male villain's moniker.

BANNED

Ana Kraven did it pretty well. Helps that she's Kraven's daughter.

Technically there was a female member of the Sinister Six. I present to you Pity.

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Se.../dp/074345832X

51Z2GHJ83TL._SX292_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Incredible Member

Never heard of Pity. She seems cool.

I agree about Ana. I found her pretty dark and gritty. Almost more menacing than Kraven himself. That's taking over a moniker done right.

I really wouldn't mind Malice coming back for revenge against Spider-man (thinking that Spock was obviously Peter). In the Mary Jane is evil thread, I can see Mary looking at some choker and thinking it would go well with this outfit...putting it on and BAM!!! Instant EvilJane with access to Tony's Spidersuits. I wouldn't mind something like that happening to Lily as well since I liked her as a villain, yet hatted her horny Goblin look.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Never heard of Pity. She seems cool.

I agree about Ana. I found her pretty dark and gritty. Almost more menacing than Kraven himself. That's taking over a moniker done right.

I really wouldn't mind Malice coming back for revenge against Spider-man (thinking that Spock was obviously Peter). In the Mary Jane is evil thread, I can see Mary looking at some choker and thinking it would go well with this outfit...putting it on and BAM!!! Instant EvilJane with access to Tony's Spidersuits. I wouldn't mind something like that happening to Lily as well since I liked her as a villain, yet hatted her horny Goblin look.
    Malice taking over Mary Jane would be a good way of having Mary Jane be evil without making her actually evil. Hell, if we could retcon Black Cat's turn to villainy as being possession by Malice all along (what, it worked for Hal Jordan over at DC and Magneto back here at Marvel after Grant Morrison's run), that would be great.

And yes, I like Ana, too. You can currently find her in All-New Inhumans #7-8 (and maybe #9). Thank you, James Asmus. Also, having read the Sinister Six novels, Pity was more a tragic character forced into villainy through a lifetime of brutal, abusive conditioning similar to what Laura "X-23" Kinney/All-New Wolverine endured, and her hook in the trilogy was that she might have been Peter's sister, born while their parents were still working undercover and taken after their deaths by the Gentleman (the organizer of the Sinister Six) to be raised into a living weapon.

Ursalink, I like Quicksand, too, and didn't she fight Spider-Man in one issue in the 1990s? I'd have been cool with Titania being added to Spider-Man's rogues gallery back in the day, wanting to settle the score with him for beating her so badly in their first encounter that she was scared of him for years, but obviously that ship has long since sailed. Phantom1592, I'd say that Lady Octopus/Carolyn Trainer not showing up at all in Superior Spider-Man to avenge her beloved mentor by killing Spider-Man (unaware that "Spider-Man" was her mentor) was a horrible oversight on the parts of Dan Slott and Chris Yost (and Christos Gage).
    The spider is always on the hunt.