Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
    Stop listening to the Narrative. It was never about the all female leads. It was about the unfunny, mean-spirited misandrist and racist mess they tried to pass off as Ghostbusters. The original GB3 script was going to be very inclusive w/o being insulting to the franchise. But Amy Pascal and Paul Feig had an agenda, they pushed Reitman out.
    I might believe that if it weren't for many people saying that Ghostbusters needs to be rebooted with more male characters or add male characters to its current cast.

Quote Originally Posted by JediJones View Post
    But at least I can be confident that if Hollywood remade Thelma and Louise with two male leads named Tommy and Louis, and had them hook up with a hot blonde played by a Victoria's Secret model on a road trip, that feminists and all the liberal critics who praised the remaking of Ghostbusters with female leads would similarly praise the gender-switching in the Thelma and Louise remake too. /sarc
    There are already a ton of Thelma and Louise buddy/roadtrip-type films starring men where they do, indeed, hook up with hot Victoria's Secret models.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    Pascal came to Feig when no one else wanted the gig.
    Lie. Reitman was in active development and Pascal sandbagged him. Proven.

And you referring to the new Ghostbusters as a misandirist caricature, I definitely have a good idea what you're like.
    Yes, I 'm someone who tells the truth. Every male character is presented as a feminist strawman male (twerp or villain). Murray's character is outright murdered by one of the team and it's treated as a joke, and the solution to the Big Bad is to shoot him in the crotch.

That's misandry and there's no way you can deny that.

It's only been a week, still too early deem it a flop. People seem to respond well to the new Ghostbusters. If don't want to believe that, well, that's on you. You among others further convinced me that on the CBR forums in regards to this film, it's a cesspool of ignorant "fanboys."
    It fell 52% between opening and 2nd weekend and the day to day trendline dropped like a rock. It's made only $123 million against an admitted (read lowballed) production budget of $144. Feig said it needed to make $500 million to warrant a sequel and there's no way it will get there given how the box office continues to plummet.

Those are simply the facts. Go back and tell whoever at Sony hired you to send someone better next time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    Ghostbusters still being behind Secret Life of Pets is consistent. And again, by all that entirely; Star Trek: Beyond should be considered a bomb on the basis of not making the money intended. Lights Out is a special case since it's a low budget film. Of course it was going to make its money back. You have to understand the summer season is very competitive.
    Special pleading. Ghostbusters 2016 is a flop. It will not make back it's money. It's misandrist and racist. Those are the facts of reality.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I might believe that if it weren't for many people saying that Ghostbusters needs to be rebooted with more male characters or add male characters to its current cast.
    You mean actually begender inclusive?!? Shocking! How dare they!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think there is a good Ghostbusters film out there to be made in a decade when it happens. I always look at Force Awakens as a way you can honor the past and do the future. So that is my stance. They can have a way to do it , write great female lead characters with males next to them and not fall into cliche laden crap. So it can be done.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
    You mean actually begender inclusive?!? Shocking! How dare they!
    More like "how DARE They use Ghostbusters to Push this SJW BS*

BANNED

There are already a ton of Thelma and Louise buddy/roadtrip-type films starring men where they do, indeed, hook up with hot Victoria's Secret models.
    I think people were saying it doesn't need to be rebooted or remade at all...which is a thing you'll hear every time one of these comes down the pike.

But having it have men and women would have made it not sound like some naked gimmick back when the remake was first announced. And yes, it is very gimmicky to redo something where the big idea is to invert characters gender. That doesn't mean it couldn't be good, (it wasn't, it turned out to be terrible) but starting at a place that's a gimmick isn't the most confidence building start. The movie ironically doesn't even have the balls to go whole hog with its gimmick, the gimmick stops with just the Ghostbusters, it doesn't get pushed into roles like the mayor, the hotel manager, and other characters alive and dead.

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I always look at Force Awakens as a way you can honor the past and do the future.
    TFA dishonored the growth of the original trilogy characters and "(did) the future" by rehashing the past, point-by-point. That's not a standard for storytelling that anyone should follow.

The only lesson that Nu-Ghostbusters could learn from Nu-Star Wars is that the marketing should not alienate the fanbase, and that the original actors should reprise their original roles, if possible.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

No one's saying to add more males. Hell the number of male to female ratio with speaking roles is utterly wonky! 24 men with speaking roles and of them 16 have a speaking part while on the female side it's 12 females, with only 6 with speaking parts that are longer then 2 minutes. What people are asking for is to have balanced male and female characters. You don't have to have Andy Garcia and Cecila Strong as idiot and douche bag, you could have had Andy showing competince as a mayor and had Cecila playing a Walter Peck like character there trying to under mind the Ghostbusters. Right now it feels like she is slapping in the face while complimenting them. It's a crappy character to have, either make her the human bad guy or don't. You can have some smart male characters around, like maybe have the singer actually totally into them and asking them to show up for more of his shows, or have the mayor being competent, or the Agents actually being decent guys that want to help them out. If you had switched these roles and had the ladies acting like a number of the guys, or Kevin in the film people would have rightly flipped.

Yes, and there are films like the new Bad mom's coming out and other similar female movies that have been out for years that have women in the lead from the 1940s till now. Because all of those are comedy vehicles for people that like low brow humor. It's easier to believe that a bunch of guys would go out, get drunk and do a hook up rather then a bunch of women doing it because women apparently don't do that, or so people claim.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    TFA dishonored the growth of the original trilogy characters and "(did) the future" by rehashing the past, point-by-point. That's not a standard for storytelling that anyone should follow.

The only lesson that Nu-Ghostbusters could learn from Nu-Star Wars is that the marketing should not alienate the fanbase, and that the original actors should reprise their original roles, if possible.
    It didn't hash it out point by point, but yes it pulled a full hero's journey like the first one. So did Phantom Menace, so this isn't a case of rehashing, it's a case of Star Wars using what it knows it's good at in regard to the hero's journey to at least instill confidence in movie goers that "Yes this is Star wars" unlike other series who don't seem to want to move with those beats. Or they try to and they fail to get what made it work in the first place.

Agreed, the marketing should have been better and stronger, and a better script and set up should have been written.

BANNED

I wish they would keep Egon as with Han Solo.

Just to keep things short. A bunch of adult orient ghost buster stuff is going to be up for years. It is like somebodies sick fanfiction come to life. Not going to compare or contrast. Remember being a kid and thinking things about the empress from "Never ending story". That is what is going to happen.

"Oh look we have direct the rays inside of us as a zero degree angle" .....................

"Where fighting ghost they are everywhere" "Take these ladies to mad house with O'Conner".

"Theres cream everywhere"

I mean that is how easy it is.

The movie will be great but only because the writers are the same age as me. However for a younger generation they will start thinking things.

Extraordinary Member

Well in 5-6 years instead of a sequel , this needs a complete reboot. Honestly , do a legacy type film even if you can only get Dan and Ernie involved. That is it...don't try and recreate the wheel. They failed at that aspect.
    how's about it takes place in orginal's universe

where there franchises GB
    on group (an idiot, A very pushy female that made the fourth leave, and an guy that's been totally whipped by her) trys to bring forth a sprits to boost calls but fails and brings forth a interdementional demon killing them and threatens the world. it starts targeting other GBs until Ray and Winston set in with new recruits.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    how's about it takes place in orginal's universe

where there franchises GB
    on group (an idiot, A very pushy female that made the fourth leave, and an guy that's been totally whipped by her) trys to bring forth a sprits to boost calls but fails and brings forth a interdementional demon killing them and threatens the world. it starts targeting other GBs until Ray and Winston set in with new recruits.

I really think you can honor the past and have strong female characters in a variety of ways. I'd also want Annie Potts be Egon's widow in the next film. That she and him did become a couple and have a couple kids. Its what I'd do.

- Egon's daughter is more a rebel type. She's a genius but his death and always dedicated to Ghostbusters Inc. (a corporation Egon ran with the others) made him busy. Egon's son isn't as smart but he works for Ghostbusters Inc. He wanted to follow in his foot steps.

- A former group of disgruntled Ghostbusters that Ray and Winston had to fire due to being reckless form their own competing business. But with little ethics. They soon end up nearly launching New York into a nightmare dimension when they face a powerful ghost.

- Peter's son (James Franco) and Ray's son (Seth Rogen) are best buddies and not the smartest and need to get their act together. A theme in this is these 2 are funny clownish guys who try and pick up women and get caught smoking pot by Ray have to step up.

- I'd have Winton's daughter emerge and she's a genius and actually builds the new Ghostbusters gear. New traps , new packs and more.

- Basically there would be 5 of the new Ghostbusters . When you caught the children and them all coming together to take on the new threat and free New York.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Just leave well enough alone.

I really think you can honor the past and have strong female characters in a variety of ways. I'd also want Annie Potts be Egon's widow in the next film. That she and him did become a couple and have a couple kids. Its what I'd do.

- Egon's daughter is more a rebel type. She's a genius but his death and always dedicated to Ghostbusters Inc. (a corporation Egon ran with the others) made him busy. Egon's son isn't as smart but he works for Ghostbusters Inc. He wanted to follow in his foot steps.

- A former group of disgruntled Ghostbusters that Ray and Winston had to fire due to being reckless form their own competing business. But with little ethics. They soon end up nearly launching New York into a nightmare dimension when they face a powerful ghost.

- Peter's son (James Franco) and Ray's son (Seth Rogen) are best buddies and not the smartest and need to get their act together. A theme in this is these 2 are funny clownish guys who try and pick up women and get caught smoking pot by Ray have to step up.

- I'd have Winton's daughter emerge and she's a genius and actually builds the new Ghostbusters gear. New traps , new packs and more.

- Basically there would be 5 of the new Ghostbusters . When you caught the children and them all coming together to take on the new threat and free New York.
    You really need to read the IDW series my friend.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium