Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Will the Ultimate Spider-Man TV Series Get Cancelled?

Was any info regarding it's continuation from the recent SDCC? I only got news about the Avengers Secret Wars.
    I was watching USMM and i will be sad if it go.

Astonishing Member

There weren't many news about it, but I prefer to hope for the best and believe this show is not over yet. According to a recent post of Stephen Wacker, they do usually tend to save Spidey news for New York Comic Con; which it can actually be true, considering New York is Spider-Man's home.

So, I guess we will have to wait until October to see if it is true and something big is coming about Spidey. I hate to wait for two months, but this is better than nothing.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Unless someone in the animation studio suddenly decides they want a cartoon with a completely different tone, like what happened to Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, I doubt it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I've never cared for this series. I always thought it was by far the worst Spider-Man cartoon ever made. In my opinion, it can't get canceled soon enough. But that won't happen. Not with a movie coming out next year. I suspect we'll get news in NYCC. I'd rather get more news about Guardians of the Galaxy, but I really think this cartoon has been dragged out for too long.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Bad News Guys, All available evidence strongly suggests that USSM is going to be cancelled.

spoilers:
    5-10-Yrs, Tops.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Cosmic Spider; 07-28-2016 at 09:11 AM. Reason: I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

BANNED

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...gner_confirms/

apparently a character designer said this season is the last season...

which is weird because that will just leave us with A Guardians of the galaxy cartoon and an avengers cartoon

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Eventually.

Then it'll get replaced by a new Spider-Man tv series as it prints money.

Hopefully one that remembers the female Spiders who share a universe with Peter like Silk (Mindy), Spider-Girl (Anya) and Spider-Woman (Jessica).

Anya especially as the Hispanic population is booming in the USA and will continue to grow so Marvel would be smart to use one of their more well known and popular Latinas. That and I doubt they'll reuse White Tiger and Nova for the new series and I don't see American Chavez being anything more than a cameo or guest if even that as she doesn't fit well with Spider-Man's style.

Not to mention that we know that Marvel is trying to appeal to the growing black and hispanic communities. Heck, the Ghost Rider appearing in Agents of SHIELD is the latest Latino one. So I have high hopes for Anya in a new Spider-Man tv series after Web Warriors.

New series should take a break a bit from the multiverse stuff though. Focus on the street stuff.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 07-28-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Silk's name is CINDY, not Mindy.

It won't surprise me if Avengers Assemble also ends after it's fourth season. That has a ready made successor that can run for two years - Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers, an anime that aired in Japan a couple of years ago. Spider-Man will need something home grown though. Maybe something based on the Homecoming movie.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-28-2016 at 05:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

It won't surprise me if Avengers Assemble also ends after it's fourth season. That has a ready made successor that can run for two years - Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers, an anime that aired in Japan a couple of years ago. Spider-Man will need something home grown though. Maybe something based on the Homecoming movie.
    the problem with that is....that would leave The Disney XD Marvel Block With Just Guardians Of The Galaxy and that's not good enough to hold the block together by itself

I think they're perfectly happy with just leaving the english dub of Disk Wars in Malaysia .

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

I hope that when ultimate ends Josh Keaton will get to voice Spidey again, I don't know what's marvel's issue with him. He is excellent at both voicing Spidey and Pete he's on the level of Chris Daniel Barns from the 90s Spidey.

Ultimate Spider man was overrated Spidey acted more like Deadpool. The only character I enjoyed somewhat consistently was White Tiger. My favourite part was the battle with taskmaster Spidey really shined in that episode. The only arc I enjoyed was the Game of champions the one based on Secret Wars. Otherwise pretty much everything in the series felt unnatural and forced and I stopped watching after the Secret Wars arc to be honest.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I like Mindy better.

Wouldn't be surprised if they used Secret Wars in Avengers to reboot Ultimate Spidey to make it more closely align with the MCU version in time for Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Niffleheim

Who needs Spider-Girl when there is Spider-Gwen?

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Who needs Spider-Girl when there is Spider-Gwen?
    Because they have vastly different appeals and characterizations?