Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How would you react if Mary Jane became a villain?

I know it is going to sound crazy but I just watched the new episodes of Ultimate Spiderman so major spoilers here anyway I saw her as Carnage Queen (like the idea but would prefer her to just be Carnage) anyway how would you feel if they made her the new Carnage? I can see her life slowly falling apart because of Peters secret life as Spiderman and for her to slowly grow resentful and then find out she's of all things pregnant. Essentially I'd like Carnage (who might finally decide to just kill Spiderman once and for all) to kidnap Mary Jane and torture her for a while and then ultimately she miscarries and in state an emotional break down blames the situation on Peter (he was the original symbiote host and well a lot can probably be traced back to him).

Not long after the final show down with Cetus takes place at the church Eddie became Venom(I love symbolism and poetic twists and turns) and the fight kicks off with Cletus dropping a severely traumatized MJ off a high ledge (spiderman saves her leaves her tied up in a web suspended inside the church (you probably see where I'm going with this) the fight with Cletus Cassidy reaches its climax and Spiderman separates the symbiote but goes further and is so angry over what Cletus Cassidy has done he either beats him to death or just lets(and watches) him die separated from Carnage all while a storm(I think in most versions there was a storm when Eddie became Venom) is starting up and the symbiote dissapears and Peter is too busy beating on Cassidy/watching him die to care.

In the end Cletus Cassidy dies Peter goes to get MJ but to his horror discovers that she's been taken over by the newly free symbiote and has become bat-shit crazy saying "There is no Mary Jane only Carnage!" I honestly would love for this to happen because Peter having to face the woman he loves as one of his enemies would be a good plot especially if MJ as Carnage professed love for him while trying to kill him. As for the kind of villain she could be I can see her putting Peter in situations where he's emotionally tormented and has to make a terrible decision like she rigs a bomb or something to a hostage or group and the only way to disarm it is to kill her or she sets up a situation where Peter can only save one person.

Not going to lie the more I think about it MJ might potentially be Peter's most dangerous enemy. I mean she probably knows things and has an insight into him that nobody not even the Venom Symbiote/ Eddie Brock knows or has. I mean really she could hurt him in ways that no one else could.

I really would love something like that to happen.
    Last edited by Castiel; 07-24-2016 at 10:01 AM.

I would buy 2.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'd think it would be stupid, just like Felicia's recent heel turn.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

I'd but the regular issue and all the variants

That sounds more like turning MJ into a victim instead of a villain.

Fantastic Member

On one hand Id read it

On the other, it would bug me - because once again it's putting a short term arc ahead of long term narrative... They've already blown up so much of the supporting cast... One of the unwritten rules of dealing with 40+ years is balancing short term goals, keeping thing fresh and new without damaging the legacy of of the book - one bad story arc can destroy a lifetime of incrementally built narrarive; and Spidey has gotten more than his fair share of these.

If they did it - would have to be fully committed; no resetting it as soon as the arc is over...like a warewolf or something, like

Once a month she wants him dead, then reverts to her normal self unaware of the change
    Last edited by Vixx; 07-24-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That sounds more like turning MJ into a victim instead of a villain.
    Well that's how it would start but eventually it would get harder to tell how much of the evil is the symbiote and how much of it is her. Like the symbiote could say to Peter "I wouldn't be doing this if your dear Mary Jane deep down didn't want you to suffer!" with some moments where it would sound like she's still Mary Jane and acting on her own and other times acting like a raging psycho pretty much like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Well that's how it would start but eventually it would get harder to tell how much of the evil is the symbiote and how much of it is her. Like the symbiote could say to Peter "I wouldn't be doing this if your dear Mary Jane deep down didn't want you to suffer!" with some moments where it would sound like she's still Mary Jane and acting on her own and other times acting like a raging psycho pretty much like this.
    I don't think we should be looking to Gotham as the path the Spidey franchise should follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't think we should be looking to Gotham as the path the Spidey franchise should follow.
    That was just an example lol.

no offense dude but this sounds...

a.) terrible
    b.) out of character
    c.) sexist

BANNED

Probably the same way I did, when I saw her in the cover of ASM #15, go to the next comic on the rack.

How would I react? Depends on the execution, because the basic idea itself isn't terrible.

I wouldn't say it's something I'm frothing at the mouth to see, but in the hands of the right writer it might make for a good story.

-Pav, who wouldn't be sad to see Cletus taken off the board...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Uh, no. That's going too far. Horrible. I won't support it.
    If it's some alternate world, "fine". But the real main Earth MJ? No.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I would laugh (bitterly) over just how low Marvel had sunk.

But I honestly wouldn't be totally surprised either.

Mighty Member

I can't see it. Not with the general trajectory of her character throughout the years.

Black Cat, there's stuff there, she's always been a character who I could see going bad. I don't particularly think the inciting incident is smart or well thought out, but she's had the potential seeds for it. MJ? You'd need to do a lot. Like six volumes worth of a lot.