Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your favorite "Collected Editions"

Curious to know what are your favorite collected editions? Anything you feel are must buys?

Maybe give a brief description of why you like the collection so much but please avoid spoilers.

Judge Dredd Complete Case Files volume 5, it contains the Judge Death Lives, Block Mania, and Apocalypse War. Collects some of the best Dredd story lines with some amazing art from Brian Bolland and Carlos Ezquerra. The way they handle that War is amazing and a great yet horrific ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Judge Dredd Complete Case Files volume 5, it contains the Judge Death Lives, Block Mania, and Apocalypse War. Collects some of the best Dredd story lines with some amazing art from Brian Bolland and Carlos Ezquerra. The way they handle that War is amazing and a great yet horrific ending.
    I would've never guessed you liked Judge Dredd.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Would you need the first four volumes to catch up on the story or can the volume be read by itself. Also which volume has the first judge death arc (im presuming this is the sequel)?

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    Would you need the first four volumes to catch up on the story or can the volume be read by itself. Also which volume has the first judge death arc (im presuming this is the sequel)?
    The first Judge Death story is in the Complete Case Files 3, these are all black and white by the way. You can dive into vol 5 you just need to know the general premise that it is in the future in Mega-City One and the Judges are the law. The casebook has many other stories along with the ones I mentioned. You may be best off going with the Judge Dredd Classics by IDW, they went back and did the stories in full color. The Dark Judges book contains the original Judge Death story along with Judge Death Lives and one other Dark Judges story. The Apocalypse War has Block Mania also and that is a lead into the title story. They can be read without reading the stories that came before.

https://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-C...ds=Dark+Judges

https://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-C...ASAMHG895Y172E

BANNED

My personal favorite trade paperback collections are the black and white Marvel Essentials for X men and Wolverine and the original X Factor.

Mostly its the old X Factor and Uncanny X Men stuff from the early 1980s that I missed out on when I was a little kid back in the day. I remermber a few old issues like 183-187 the good stuff of Rogue and Wolverine and Dazzler etc. I even have the Essential Classic X Men #2 and I dont mind reading the original X Men gang but I prefer the stuff in the 1980s that I grew up with a little bit

Spectacular Member

If you are looking for a single volume of something I am a big fan of my Planetary Omnibus

Incredible Member

I really like the Fear Agent library editions. I'm trying to decide if any of the other dark horse library editions are worth getting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I really like the Fear Agent library editions. I'm trying to decide if any of the other dark horse library editions are worth getting.
    I've really enjoyed the Goon 1 & 2. I haven't read 3 yet, but I would recommend the series.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Love Fear Agent, and especially love the library editions, I would go for Hellboy if you do not have them already great series.

Showcase Presents Enemy Ace. It reprints all of the Kubert stuff and the later stuff, like when he goes up against Balloon Buster.

Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus, as a whole. They reprint all of the 4th World stuff: New Gods, Mister Miracle, Forever People, and Jimmy Olsen. They are just awesome volumes of wonder and cool concepts. Each one has classic stories.

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Showcase Presents Enemy Ace. It reprints all of the Kubert stuff and the later stuff, like when he goes up against Balloon Buster.

Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus, as a whole. They reprint all of the 4th World stuff: New Gods, Mister Miracle, Forever People, and Jimmy Olsen. They are just awesome volumes of wonder and cool concepts. Each one has classic stories.
    And for the latecomers like me who know want to buy them in Omnibus format, I can't because of the sky high cost and 3 out of 4 being OOP. I wish they would go to a reprint.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    And for the latecomers like me who know want to buy them in Omnibus format, I can't because of the sky high cost and 3 out of 4 being OOP. I wish they would go to a reprint.
    Sadly, I seriously doubt these will get an omnibus reprint.

The Bloom County 5 volume set reliving my younger days reading it in the newspaper, The Invincible OHC's, probably my most reread comics and comic strips.

BANNED

My Absolute edition Sandmans, i love them. Second Place goes to my Starman Omnibus HCs and third place is The New Frontier Deluxe HC.