Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default What Would You Want If There Was a Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3?

So with the re-release of Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 on next gen consoles and PC and Mike Jones saying that 'anything is possible' when asked about the possibility of a MUA3, I figured I would create a thread with suggestions as to what people might be interested in seeing in a MUA style game for consoles. Should it have an original story or adapt a comic event like MUA2 did? What characters and teams should be included? Would it bother you if X-Men and Fantastic Four characters had to be omitted due to the Ike issue, but it meant that Guardians and Inhumans could appear in their place? Should Marvel just have Marvel Heroes or Future Fight - MUA successors in a sense - updated to consoles instead?

Personally I think a great storyline to adapt would be a take on 2008's Secret Invasion, 2009's Dark Reign and 2010's Siege, told over three acts. MUA2 had the mechanic of allowing players to pick between joining Iron Man or Captain America's side, but here you would get to play as either the Secret Avengers fighting underground or the Dark Avengers masked as heroes under Norman Osborn. Characters would have two versions of themselves, for example Iron Man and Iron Patriot for his counterpart. And after Act 1 where you defeated the Skrulls as heroes and villains alike, Act 2 would see you play through several missions from opposite sides of the divide, leading to Act 3 with Siege where you either defend or attack Asgard.

Alternatively the recent Secret Wars could work well, allowing players to unlock special alternate versions of heroes who would play distinctively different from each other as they travel across Battleworld and pick where to go and who to face as they race to stop Doom (or Maestro if they had the Ike issue).

I would love for a new game to come out. Have lots of new characters including folks from the past couple of years. Just have lots of settings and powers to choose from, and "test" levels.

As long as Elektra is a playable character, I'm in.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I would like for them to have different regions and different storylines that correlate to multiple different side missions that connect to some classic Marvel storylines and recent ones. Introduce a PVP element to the game. Marvel is well known for having heroes clash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I would love for a new game to come out. Have lots of new characters including folks from the past couple of years. Just have lots of settings and powers to choose from, and "test" levels.
    Yeah I definitely think it's important to include the new generation of heroes - Ms America, Kamala's Ms Marvel, Sam's Nova, Miles Morales, Lady Thor, Kate Bishop's Hawkeye and Falcon Cap among others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So with the re-release of Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 on next gen consoles and PC and Mike Jones saying that 'anything is possible' when asked about the possibility of a MUA3, I figured I would create a thread with suggestions as to what people might be interested in seeing in a MUA style game for consoles. Should it have an original story or adapt a comic event like MUA2 did? What characters and teams should be included? Would it bother you if X-Men and Fantastic Four characters had to be omitted due to the Ike issue, but it meant that Guardians and Inhumans could appear in their place? Should Marvel just have Marvel Heroes or Future Fight - MUA successors in a sense - updated to consoles instead?

Personally I think a great storyline to adapt would be a take on 2008's Secret Invasion, 2009's Dark Reign and 2010's Siege, told over three acts. MUA2 had the mechanic of allowing players to pick between joining Iron Man or Captain America's side, but here you would get to play as either the Secret Avengers fighting underground or the Dark Avengers masked as heroes under Norman Osborn. Characters would have two versions of themselves, for example Iron Man and Iron Patriot for his counterpart. And after Act 1 where you defeated the Skrulls as heroes and villains alike, Act 2 would see you play through several missions from opposite sides of the divide, leading to Act 3 with Siege where you either defend or attack Asgard.

Alternatively the recent Secret Wars could work well, allowing players to unlock special alternate versions of heroes who would play distinctively different from each other as they travel across Battleworld and pick where to go and who to face as they race to stop Doom (or Maestro if they had the Ike issue).
    Ideally it would play like Dragon's Dogma, third-person hack and slash where you've got special moves that use stamina (or some other meter) as opposed to being on a cool down timer, you've got some combos you can do with a light and heavy attack, and you've got huge enemies you've got to climb to attack. If stays in an isometric type of view, would be more interesting if the special attacks were more like what you see in Lost Ark.

No matter how it plays they such really let you pick up basically everything in a level if your character has the power to. It was pretty bullshit that Freedom Force let you do this in 2002, but by 2009 a game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 only let you do it with a few select things like cars.

Visually it would be nice if it actually looked like a comic. Like it was done in the style of Jack Kirby, or they brought in someone like Art Adams. Would be nice if there were comic sound effects on stuff, those look so great in stuff like the Capcom Punisher game and Captain America and the Avengers, and it looks really cool in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven. Onomatopoeia is such a cool visually distinct comic book thing, and it's too bad that more stuff (including most American comics now) don't really use it.

I really don't want to see them try and adapt any one specific story, especially if it's stuff that's as limiting as Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, and Siege...these aren't games, or a third of a game, they're like a level, maybe two or three levels. You don't need a lot of levels about a Skrull invasion, you just need one stage where you're fight a bunch of Skrull's in a city, maybe another where you're fighting them on their spaceship.

Original Secret Wars would probably work better than new Secret Wars, although stuff from new Secret Wars and other stuff like JLA/Avengers and The Infinity Gauntlet could probably easily be folded into it. I have always wanted to see one where the Ultimate Alliance is a bunch of alt versions of heroes, but I think playing on something like Paradise X would be far better. You wouldn't have to actually be just like Paradise X, or use the exact same characters, hell, they could totally make up alt versions of they wanted. But the framework of having a Watcher (of some kind) collect a team and sending them out on missions from their base of operations to a butch of different alt realities would make for a better structure to a game than trying to work the new Secret Wars into something.

BANNED

Since this topic has come up a few times now, Derek Metaltron, why do you want to see a new Marvel Ultimate Alliance play off those comic storylines? I mean, we've had two MUA games now, one of which is really based on anything and let's you fight a wide array of villains across the Marvel Universe (which is really all you want for this kind of game) and another based on Civil War which greatly constricted what you did and who you were fighting...especially when compared to the first one. So why do you want something like Civil War again when we've already seen the other way of going about things is the more interesting way of doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Since this topic has come up a few times now, Derek Metaltron, why do you want to see a new Marvel Ultimate Alliance play off those comic storylines? I mean, we've had two MUA games now, one of which is really based on anything and let's you fight a wide array of villains across the Marvel Universe (which is really all you want for this kind of game) and another based on Civil War which greatly constricted what you did and who you were fighting...especially when compared to the first one. So why do you want something like Civil War again when we've already seen the other way of going about things is the more interesting way of doing it?
    I think it's probably because its gives a more concrete story from which to work with, even if it doesn't has to be exactly the same as the original story. Even MUA is based on elements of stories where Doom steals the powers of other beings, or XML2 elements of several Apocalypse storylines from the comics. And something like Dark Reign as a template gives players the chance to utilise the villains as much as the heroes, as well as having a reason to play through a game twice. Ultimately if they used an original story I wouldn't mind though.

Secret Invasion would be cool. Or Dark Reign.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Secret Invasion would be cool. Or Dark Reign.
    Yeah, by having a story which starts off with Secret Invasion - travelling through the Savage Land, Thunderbolt Mountain and Central Park battling Super Skrulls and Queen Veranke as heroes and villains united - and then choosing a side as either the Secret Avengers or Dark Avengers with good and evil counterparts of characters before leading to a final battle over Asgard based on Siege would create a nice comprehensive tale for an Ultimate Alliance style game.

SHSO Quick Guides Creator the_key_24's Avatar

So far, it seems I might be the only one who wants this, but here are some ideas I hope for

1. An original multiverse-spanning story that isn't based off of the comics entirely, just like MUA1
    2. Have extra campaigns based on story arcs, some unlocked through secret collectables, and others through purchasing them, either with in-game currency, or as DLC that would come with extra costumes
    3. Have online co-op and a battle mode that can be online or offline
    4. Don't be afraid to go to darker stories like the Deadpool Kills series, just add a warning of the content for those stories
    5. Add lots of costumes, with some being given separate voices and abilities
    6. Add missions based on older comics, like the origins of the Fantastic Four, or the first time Spider-Man fought Doc Ock
    7. Allow custom characters (using parts from unlocked costumes, and the moveset of one character)
    SHSO Squad Name: Squire Bird Mage
    Next DUEL Most Wanted List: Warriors of the New Age
    Next SOLO Most Wanted List: thwip, thwip, thwip

I would actually be happy if the game had multiple storylines. Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Siege, X-Men Vs Avengers, Axis all in one game would be cool.

BANNED

I'd love to see it! How large do you guys think the roster would be?

Secret Wars!

Definitely SW 2015 - BUT...! With a hefty dose of SW 1984 as well. The SW2015 story is very, very complex, and even though I adore it, would not be possible to do justice in a single videogame - enter then the hybridization with SW1984!

Something like this:

The Beyonders kidnap every single superhuman on Earth! (the playable roster would be at least as big as Marvel Heroes) But not just YOUR Earth... but every Superhuman of other Earths! Deposited on Battleworld, all of the heroes on the different Earths are given a simple choice - DESTROY the heroes of the other Earths! And their Earth shall be spared - becoming the only Earth in existence. FAIL to do so... and your Earth will be destroyed.

Now, it's up to you, as the player, guided by CAPTAIN UNIVERSE to gather your team of heroes (or villains!) to unravel a way out of a hopeless scenario - Use Marvels heroes, or their counterparts, to traverse Battleworld, coming into conflict with the various Barons who have divided the patch-work planet between them - to find a way to beat the unbeatable!

Featuring these boss-fights:

Apocalypse
    Maestro
    Regent
    Iron Man 2020
    Thor 2099 (throwing a bit of a curve-ball here! Thor 2099 would be Tyler Stone!)
    Dr. Doom
    Goblin Queen
    Khonshu the Moon Knight and Bast the Black Panther
    The Spider Queen
    The Enchantress
    Morgan Le Fay
    Fu Manchu
    Hyperion
    Merlyn
    Green Goblin (hydra-enhanced!)
    Baron Mordo
    Dracula
    Korvac
    Boss Cage
    Skrull Queen Veranke
    Armin Zola and Captain Hydra (this one wouldn't be Zola's son, but.. STEVE ROGERS!! )
    Magnus Rex (Magneto!)
    Master Mold
    Red Skull
    Xorn
    Mr. Sinister (19th century steam-punk Sinister System!)
    Zombie Sentry
    Ultron
    Annihilus
    The Fury
    Magus
    Gorilla-Man
    Mojo
    And...

...THE BEYONDERS!!
    (complex multi-part fight where you have to construct time platform, deploy Molecule Man bomb, and finally to destroy the Beyonders!)

Hidden bonus-levels include Marville (Little Marvel) and New Quack City! ^^

Expansion-pack would be CONQUEST OF CHAMPIONS! Featuring Cosmic Maestro as the new End-boss!

Wheeew! Holy mother of god, what a game it would be...!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think it's probably because its gives a more concrete story from which to work with, even if it doesn't has to be exactly the same as the original story. Even MUA is based on elements of stories where Doom steals the powers of other beings, or XML2 elements of several Apocalypse storylines from the comics. And something like Dark Reign as a template gives players the chance to utilise the villains as much as the heroes, as well as having a reason to play through a game twice. Ultimately if they used an original story I wouldn't mind though.
    Dark Reign as a template sounds like the most boring way to let you play as villains, because then you're playing a bunch of villains dressed up as heroes. It also wouldn't really work as heroes don't really have minions, which is the bulk of what you're fighting in levels normally. It also doesn't feel very super villainy to taking on a hero with a group of four huge main supervillain characters...which is what you're going to want to play as.

If they had a mode dedicated to playing the super villain side, I'd rather it be a different style of game. I want something that makes me feel like a supervillain. Something like Dungeon Keeper 2 and Evil Genius, where you're just playing as guys like Doom, MODOK, Magneto, Loki, Kingpin, Apocalypse, Mandarin, and whoever, and you get to control them like normal, but instead of dungeon crawling your goal is to build a base, fill it with underlings, hire henchmen supervillains (and maybe you could control them too) and just fight off superhero groups and SHIELD as they try to bring you down.