Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    In fairness, Bobbi's case wasn't cheating. The issue there was her letting her rapist fall to his death without trying to save him. That's what made her a terrible horrible awful person who needed to be shunned by all including her husband.
    Well, if we're adding in the Uncanny Avengers crew:

Havok: Lorna Dane/Polaris, Madelyne Pryor, Scarlett McKenzie (Havok and Wolverine: Meltdown), Leila O'Toole/Plasma (Marvel Comics Presents), Mutant X Universe Madelyne Pryor, Annie Ghazikhanian. "Possibles" include Mutant X Universe Elektra, and Betsy Braddock/Psylocke (Pre-Ninja, during the Australia days). Very slim chance of Alison Blaire/Dazzler. (6+)

Sunfire: None/Unknown - I vaguely recall a woman from the early 90's X-titles (in the storyline that introduced Mikhail Rasputin, but she died the same issue she was introduced in and I can't recall her name. (0? 1+)

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    That's exactly the reason those stories are so universally reviled as well. Both were rape - and commonly accepted as such by readers. However in story one act was celebrated (Carol's - Yay! Baby! True love! Bon voyage!) and the other as cheating on her husband (Bobbi's). Since then, though... I'm pretty sure both of these have been acknowledged clearly as rape on the pages of books.

Part of the issue was... we never saw Rogue and Sentry interact at all. This was a graveside reveal where I don't think the writer really put that much thought into it. It really came across as the writer trying to pile a bunch of new history on to make Sentry seem much cooler post-death. "Sentry was SO badass that he can even have sex with Rogue."

So the writer effectively retconned statutory rape into Rogue's past in interest of elevating Sentry's badassery. (Which sort of backfired because... statutory rape. I really don't think he bothered to do the math.)
    no he didn't so true i guess its because sentry is friends with so many x men characters he said why not lol and it did come outta nowhere, but i like it.

Namor had sex with that sea creature queen in Tabula Rasa. As part of 'diplomatic relations'.

Daken also had a sexual relationship with Marcus Roston.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed BUT Joystick's conquests were referenced, Karla and Clint's never was; there has never been any indication they had sex (no hint, nothing). I actually like the idea they haven't; makes their relationship all that more meaningful (he often sleeps around, she uses sex as a weapon -- it's cuter if they didn't).
    It was hinted at here and there in dialogue--not explicit, but implied. I get your point about it possibly adding more meaning--but, realistically, given the characters involved (and the context of their overall relationship) it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have had sex. After all, their relationship began with her stripping naked and straddling him! They were a very sexually charged pairing right from the start. Given the depth of emotion that they ended up feeling for each other, it would be unrealistic to think that they did not act on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1
    Havok: Lorna Dane/Polaris, Madelyne Pryor, Scarlett McKenzie (Havok and Wolverine: Meltdown), Leila O'Toole/Plasma (Marvel Comics Presents), Mutant X Universe Madelyne Pryor, Annie Ghazikhanian. "Possibles" include Mutant X Universe Elektra, and Betsy Braddock/Psylocke (Pre-Ninja, during the Australia days). Very slim chance of Alison Blaire/Dazzler. (6+)
    Did he sleep with Plasma? I've been trying to find more info on that one, but all the story summaries I've found make it sound like things never quite got that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1
    Sunfire: None/Unknown - I vaguely recall a woman from the early 90's X-titles (in the storyline that introduced Mikhail Rasputin, but she died the same issue she was introduced in and I can't recall her name. (0? 1+)
    Its a little surprising that Shiro has had so little established for his love life, given how long he's been around. He's almost a blank slate at this point in terms of sexuality...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty
    In fairness, Bobbi's case wasn't cheating. The issue there was her letting her rapist fall to his death without trying to save him. That's what made her a terrible horrible awful person who needed to be shunned by all including her husband.
    Well, it was more complicated that that. It was the fact that she let him die--and then lied about it, which provided Phantom Rider's vengeful ghost the opportunity to expose the lie and reveal his own warped version of events to Hawkeye and the others, presenting Bobbi as a murderer, rather than her simply letting him die. And since Bobbi had already lied repeatedly about the incident (trying to spare Clint from knowing about her rape, as well to cover up the death due to the Avengers' "no killing" policy) her credibility was damaged when she tried to come forward with the truth.

But yeah, that story was definitely NEVER portrayed as Bobbi "cheating". It was intended as an exploration of the Avengers' "no killing" policy and how different characters had different attitudes on it (not everyone shunned Bobbi--several members sided with her, and two of them quit the team alongside her over the issue), but it got overshadowed by the rape subplot and the Clint/Bobbi marriage drama. Ultimately, neither Clint or Bobbi came out of that one looking really good--Clint ended up (unintentionally) siding with the rapist against his wife (due to being manipulated by Phantom Rider), and Bobbi dug herself into a pit too by lying to her husband and teammates about what really happened--and it resulted in her being stuck as a reserve Avenger for FAR too long, until Jim McCann pushed to bring her back in SECRET INVASION.

Wolvie's lucky he's got that healing factor or he'd definitely have caught something by now.

Okay. Posting a question to Avengers fans. About Jarvis and any sexual activities going on within Avenger's tower.

I'm hoping Jarvis is programmed to have some tact concerning such things but then again he WAS programmed by Tony.

What do you think Jarvis would say if reporting to Tony Stark on the goings on within the tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    Okay. Posting a question to Avengers fans. About Jarvis and any sexual activities going on within Avenger's tower.

I'm hoping Jarvis is programmed to have some tact concerning such things but then again he WAS programmed by Tony.

What do you think Jarvis would say if reporting to Tony Stark on the goings on within the tower?
    Well, in the comics, Jarvis isn't a computer, he's a human butler. And he is the very soul of tact and discretion.

Well, in the comics, Jarvis isn't a computer, he's a human butler. And he is the very soul of tact and discretion.
    That said, didn't he get it on with Aunt May when they were all living in Avengers Tower?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    That said, didn't he get it on with Aunt May when they were all living in Avengers Tower?
    Yeah, but who wouldn't?

Yeah, but who wouldn't?
    Okay, that's disturbing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Actually, that Jarvis later turned out to be a Skrull, in SECRET INVASION.

Jarvis has had a long-term girlfriend though, Glory Garsen. She was introduced way back in Simonson's run (during the "Inferno" tie-in issues) and has made occasional appearances over the years, and was last seen in one of the Annuals during Busiek's run. Since the Jarvis who was involved with Aunt May turned out to be a Skrull, presumably the real Jarvis is still involved with Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    Okay, that's disturbing.
    The best part about saying gross stuff is that you somehow don't disturb yourself.

Yeah, but who wouldn't?
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Actually, that Jarvis later turned out to be a Skrull, in SECRET INVASION.

Jarvis has had a long-term girlfriend though, Glory Garsen. She was introduced way back in Simonson's run (during the "Inferno" tie-in issues) and has made occasional appearances over the years, and was last seen in one of the Annuals during Busiek's run. Since the Jarvis who was involved with Aunt May turned out to be a Skrull, presumably the real Jarvis is still involved with Glory.
    So, then Aunt May got it on with a Skrull? Makes sense. She almost married Doctor Octopus.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

So don't engagements / almost married count?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So don't engagements / almost married count?

That one certainly counts as a relationship (although probably one Wanda would rather forget, given the circumstances). Whether or not she and Doom slept together is unclear though, in terms of the 'sex life' aspect of the list. But it should be at least a possible.