Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Action Comics #960

"PATH TO DOOM" Chapter Four: Wonder Woman joins the fight, but even her added might can't slow down Doomsday's rampage! As Superman comes face-to-face with the woman who once loved him, the Man of Tomorrow must also wrestle with the reappearance of Clark Kent.

Full preview here.

The Woman who once loved him? I thought she loved the other guy. The one who died
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

To take a page from a Family Guy joke:

♪Solicitations!

They Don't Know What They Write! ♪
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Isn't the solicitations and the "last time" pages written mostly by the interns? At least to my understanding at Marvel it's the assistant editors or interns that do "last time on" page usually. Or are the solicitations done by Diamond themselves in which case, someone wasn't paying attention. Still interesting preview, and Wonder Woman may be looking into what's going on with this new Clark Kent. Although was his arm broken in the preview? Or was he faking that? Kind of confused there.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Isn't the solicitations and the "last time" pages written mostly by the interns? At least to my understanding at Marvel it's the assistant editors or interns that do "last time on" page usually. Or are the solicitations done by Diamond themselves in which case, someone wasn't paying attention. Still interesting preview, and Wonder Woman may be looking into what's going on with this new Clark Kent. Although was his arm broken in the preview? Or was he faking that? Kind of confused there.
    Iirc the arm was broken in the previous issue.

Often I only read the preview pages and ignore the solicitations xD

BANNED

The quality of the book remains the same. If you liked the previous issues, you should like this as well.

Jon continues to be annoying. He's a lot better written in Superman than over here.

spoilers:
    Doomsday detects Jon after he screams in celebration of Superman smashing a bus into Doomsday. Superman refers to things he learned about Doomsday in Hunter/Prey. Wonder Woman speaks as if she's never encounterd Doomsday before, and yes I know this is a different Doomsday but she acts like this Doomsday has no relationship to New 52 Doomsday which doesn't really make sense because I don't know why she'd think they wouldn't be related in some way.

There's a interaction here that I think is going to upset a lot of shippers.

The fight continues, now with Jon and Lois are in danger.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Well this is awkward.

BANNED

It's out Comixology.

I'll read it right after Mighty Thor.