Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Jim Lee Teases "WildCATs," Says He'd 'Love' to Return to "All Star Batman & Robin"

At Comic-Con, Jim Lee teased a "WildC.A.T.s" announcement for NYCC, and discussed the possibility of resurrecting to "All Star Batman and Robin."

Full article here.

pfffft I'll believe Lee returning to All Star Batman and Robin when I see it. How many issues did he do? like 2?
    The J-man

Fantastic Member Iluvitloud1976's Avatar

I'd love to see the Wild CATS brought into the DC universe but keep them along the lines of the original Image series. That original 4 issue miniseries from 1992 still remains one of all time favorite comics. I definitely dug the later, more alternative stuff from DC's Wildstorm imprint but the original take from Lee & Choi was stellar.
    ".......he's wrong, we're not wearing costumes" -Leonardo, 1984

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    pfffft I'll believe Lee returning to All Star Batman and Robin when I see it. How many issues did he do? like 2?
    He drew all 10 issues that were published. Granted, it took him 3 years to do it.

Jim Lee feels the need to stretch long dormant artistic muscles = apathy

ASBAR was awful and should never be revisited or worked on by anyone.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It's well passed the time to finish that fight. I want ASBAR to finish, but its been ten years for God's sake. Just finish it, Jim.

That was one of the problems I had with the DCnU. If you wanted to introduce the Wildstorm characters that where were the WILDC.A.T.S.? Why did they just pick a handful of characters to go with but the same problem came from the Milestone characters.

WildStorm hype!! I just hope they don't try and DC-fy things again. And since "Rebirth" is about bringing back (and adding new) key aspects of characters and lore. I hope they continue the story of Majestic and Nemesis. Like, is James Bronson their unborn baby from before the reboot, or really just a human? And will Max Faraday return with his Divine Right? I hope so!! I can't wait to hear more.

How many Wildstorm characters are actually worth anything? Jim didn't know how to run his studio, but he sure knew how to sell it! Warner Bros. bought the hype hook, line and sinker. He must have started shopping it around soon after it started, for Marvel, then finally DC to take a serious look at the finances in 1997. I started assisting Scott Williams at the studio as they were finishing up their last X-books.
    Last edited by Tighelander; 07-26-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Spectacular Member

Its a matter of priorities, Jim lee.
    Oh, and finally getting some pages done. Of any title.

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

Haha, I think no one but Jim Lee wants to re-visit All-Star Batman and Robin.

Love the WildCATS but only when it's their own world. Just like Watchmen, I don't care to have them cross with DC characters.

BANNED

I would like to see more ASBAR... I like Jim Lee's art and i really like Miller's Batman... Batman doesn't have to be this good guy with Miller, you know... ok beating the child (dick) was kind of bothersome but Gotham is like a 3rd world country went wrong kind of place lol so it's kind of ok the people at there do that... i have friends who went to school with a black eye somedays thanks to their fathers... couse they didn't behave... so i kind of see that how such a father figure Batman of that kind of world of Gotham do that. I like how live Miller's Batman is with all of his flaws... he swears lol he has sex... And thinks only the mission... lol that goddamn mission lol he belives he's the best thing ever... (and kind of right at that cause he's the goddamn Batman lol) so he's like moron Green Lantern that and stupid Superman this... lol it's so funny... lol I enjoyed the every page of it. Man hating Wonder Woman really cracked me up...when you think about it all the characters have flaws that may be some people won't like but i liked them even if i don't agree with somethings Batman said, it was so much fun. They were more alive.

so i would really like to see more of ASBAR. lol
    Last edited by Batarang; 07-27-2016 at 05:00 AM.

Amazing Member

Does Jim Lee have any credibility these days? Dude has not put pout anything worthwhile in decades. I only be interested in something Jim Lee does if it is a creator owned project and ifhe is more the half way through with the pencils on the project. I would be excited about WILDCATS but the last time we saw a WILDCATS book it featured him and Morrison and lasted all but one issue. I think we would all be better off reading Injection by Warren Ellis. It is a great book.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

As a guy who really enjoyed those first four issues of WildC.A.T.s back in the day* as well as the first few issues of the Lobdell/Charest relaunch**, I'm all for some sort of WC revival, but I think the secret is this: don't try to modernize it. Realize that the characters worked best in the '90s and roll with the aesthetic. That doesn't mean I don't want it to have good writing, of course: I just want them to embrace the '90s visually.

Interested to hear more.

*I admit, I got into the series from the cartoon, but I remember those first four issues being pretty fun.
    **This was an interesting take, but I'll admit that I kinda lost interest after a while.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."