Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Extraordinary Member

J
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    In the Perez run she killed Decay and Deimos, and then killed Cottus not long after. In the latter case, there was no hesitation when the opportunity presented itself. Basically, if a threat is so huge that Diana can barely defeat it and needs to take the first chance she gets to put it down before herself and/or innocents get killed, she takes it. It's not something Rucka invented.

The main difference between Medusa and Cheetah is of course that the latter is way more important as a recurring figure to the WW franchise than the former, so they need to keep it around. But even then, Cheetah can't kill mass quantities of people with just a gaze, and is here actually expressing a desire to be freed from her curse. Medusa didn't want to reform, she just wanted to kill everybody, and there was no time to convince her otherwise without MASSIVE amounts of collateral damage.

That was Euryale, and it's time for a bit of fanwank. Maybe she and Stheno aren't as powerful as their sister? Medusa may be the only mortal one, but her gaze is stronger. Meanwhile, Euryale and Stheno are immortal and can regenerate non-snake heads after they are decapitated.

But he contradicts that text when Medusa turns one of Cale's security guards to stone when he sees her from a security camera. Ditto a handful of guards in the White House.
    Some might say the main difference between Cheetah and Medousa is the former has killed more people in the last 30 years.

Intersting about the guards at the White House. Did she look directly into the cameras. If not the during the fight anyone who caught even a glimpse of her face should have been petrified.

getting back to issue 3 I think Diana should help Cheetah. That's very Wonder Woman. I do wonder what happens is she is cured, though.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    J

Some might say the main difference between Cheetah and Medousa is the former has killed more people in the last 30 years.

Intersting about the guards at the White House. Did she look directly into the cameras. If not the during the fight anyone who caught even a glimpse of her face should have been petrified.

getting back to issue 3 I think Diana should help Cheetah. That's very Wonder Woman. I do wonder what happens is she is cured, though.
    True, but Cheetah has also been easier to stop and contain. Just stop Barbara from performing the ritual, and she can't transform. Until Rucka's run, she also wasn't killing people in mass quantities, certainly not innocent people. There's also their whole complicated relationship with Diana promising Chuma that she would look after his mistress as he died, and now with them being friends in the new canon prior to Babs going nuts.

Medusa looked directly into the camera in both instances. During the fight, she was looking at Wonder Woman the whole time, or her eyes weren't shown, or was shown from a distance.

I think the Urzkartaga plot will be resolved by #5 if the solicits are any indication. #7 says "One God down...how many more to go?" and #9 is all about this Godwatch (Dr. Cyber?) business. I wonder if this means that Barbara will be cured and will remain a supporting character for the duration of the run before her inevitable relapse into villainy? Devoting the first two issues to her would be kind of a waste if she vanishes along with Urzkartaga.