Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Agents of SHIELD" Can Now Use Classic Inhumans, Says Whedon

During San Diego Comic-Con, executive producer Jed Whedon revealed that the show will be able to use classic Inhumans moving forward.

Full article here.

I wonder if "classic" means Black Bolt and Medusa. If it does, then there will never be an Inhumans movie.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I wonder if they will save some members of the Royal Family for the film. And can we get Lockjaw, or is he too weird to use?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Inhumans was the Marvel project I looked forward to most. I really hope it wasn't canceled.

All-New Member

So this means the movie is cancelled?

Extraordinary Member

Some of those inhuman characters on the show were comics first.

Lash(inhuman) was created in the comics first and Hellfire and Yo-Yo Rodriguez(Slingshot).
    Slingshot and Hellfire in the comics are not inhumans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyflute View Post
    Inhumans was the Marvel project I looked forward to most. I really hope it wasn't canceled.
    It could still be show or mini-series instead if there is not a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    I wonder if "classic" means Black Bolt and Medusa. If it does, then there will never be an Inhumans movie.
    Given how Kevin Feige literally just came out and said Inhuman movie was still on the docket (again) I doubt it.

Posted in the Inhumans thread, but the in the original article he says he means characters like Lockjaw. Feige also confirmed Inhumans in the movies before 2021 at SDCC.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-doctor-st...der-1784319160
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by ezeguko View Post
    So this means the movie is cancelled?
    No, Feige reconfirmed they will be in the movies this weekend.
    http://heroichollywood.com/kevin-fei...rtainly-slate/
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Posted in the Inhumans thread, but the in the original article he says he means characters like Lockjaw. Feige also confirmed Inhumans in the movies before 2021 at SDCC.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-doctor-st...der-1784319160
    I think they certainly plan on it...unless the relationship with Fox cools to the point where Marvel can incorporate mutants/X-Men into the MCU. In that case, I see them relegating the Inhumans to TV, which is a shame because I love the Inhuman royal family* and would love to see them on the big screen.

*Not nearly as much as I love the X-Men, but still.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I think they certainly plan on it...unless the relationship with Fox cools to the point where Marvel can incorporate mutants/X-Men into the MCU. In that case, I see them relegating the Inhumans to TV, which is a shame because I love the Inhuman royal family* and would love to see them on the big screen.

No reason they can't do both. A future Inhuman vs Mutant movie could be pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

Honestly if we could get an Inhumans Royal Family Netflix series I would be ok with that happening anyway. Would give both X-Men and Inhumans space to breath. AoS not so much.

Spectacular Member

I feel this either means Inhumans is canceled, OR they have solid plans on who they'll be using in the movie and are letting shield use the others.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    It was recently re-confirmed that the Inhumans film is absolutely still happening, they just pushed it back. My original thought, back when the release date was 2019, was that they would contractually obligate a few of the Royal Family to appear on Agents of SHIELD prior to the film. They do seem to have trouble connecting the TV show directly with the Movies, and part of it is the pay of the actors involved. If they have them sign a contract up-front saying they will be paid a larger sum for the film, but also obligated to a few TV appearances at a lower income, that would help them to utilize principal characters between the shows & films. I wouldn't expect Black Bolt or Maximus on Agents of SHIELD as they are at the very center of the Royal Family mythos, and they wouldn't want any of that to play out prior to the film, but I could see an amnesiac Medusa, similar to her comic book introduction. That gives them the use of the character without actually having to "spoil" any major details about Attilan and the Royal Family, since she would not remember at the time.
    Catastrophe Comics <-- Unique & Rare Pop Culture & Comic Book Tees for Sale
    Catastrophe Comics Facebook <-- Hub for my Comics for Sale & more Tees
    Divine Authority Comics <-- Hub for the Comic Books I write & self-publish
    ComiXology Divine Authority Digital Comics <-- ComiXology Publisher Link for my Books