Super Moderator

Default "Birds of Prey" Celebrates 20 Years of Kicking Supervillain Ass

Creators past and present gathered at SDCC to discuss the importance of the team to the both the DC Universe and their fans.

Full article here.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Great panel! I definitely miss the glory days of BoP.

If there was one real-world lesson I took away from this book in general - and Simone in particular - it's that female writers can write more than just female characters. Sometimes I look around the racks at my LCS and wonder why DC and Marvel haven't quite figured that out yet...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Chuck Dixon and Gail Simone made this book MUST READ material back in the day. I really would have liked for Dixon to have been on the panel. I remember getting this book initially because it featured Barbara Gordon. But Chuck quickly defined the personalities of Babs and Dinah. Took them from subservient heroes to super stars of the DCU. And Gail really fired things up and added Huntress to the mix!!

I really feel like the Rebirthed BOP is in good hands based on what I read in the initial issue.

Nice panel report.

I liked the discussion about Black Canary's fishnets .

BoP was always a bigger draw to me than say Justice League or Batman. I have high hopes for the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Chuck Dixon and Gail Simone made this book MUST READ material back in the day. I really would have liked for Dixon to have been on the panel. I remember getting this book initially because it featured Barbara Gordon. But Chuck quickly defined the personalities of Babs and Dinah. Took them from subservient heroes to super stars of the DCU. And Gail really fired things up and added Huntress to the mix!!

I really feel like the Rebirthed BOP is in good hands based on what I read in the initial issue.

Nice panel report.
    I agree. You could tell there was a sea change behind the scenes when the impression one started to get was that other Powers-That-Were at DC were viewing Birds of Prey not as a book that made Oracle and Black Canary "super stars of the DCU" but as the book that was keeping them from their 'rightful places' as Batgirl and Mrs. Green Arrow.