Super Moderator

Default Grant Gustin Wants Joss Whedon To Direct "The Flash"

After working with Kevin Smith in season two of the CW series, "Flash's" Gustin would love to get the "Avengers" director behind the camera.

Full article here.

Why not? Apparently the most reactionary f_nboys apparently hate the guy after Age of Ultron, for whatever reason. Why not jump ship to a DC project? LOL.

BANNED

I don't see this happening.

Spectacular Member

I think it could be very fun: the show's tone plays to Whedon's strengths, and I really enjoyed Age of Ultron. But I don't see it happening anytime soon either - I don't know, it just seems like an unwise business decision for Whedon to move to a minor TV network.

My comments here are limited by the fact that I have only seen the first season so far.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I think it could be very fun: the show's tone plays to Whedon's strengths, and I really enjoyed Age of Ultron. But I don't see it happening anytime soon either - I don't know, it just seems like an unwise business decision for Whedon to move to a minor TV network.

My comments here are limited by the fact that I have only seen the first season so far.
    I don't see how this would be an unwise decision. What kind of commitment would he have to make beyond saying yes?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyflute View Post
    I don't see how this would be an unwise decision. What kind of commitment would he have to make beyond saying yes?
    It`s not an issue of time commitment. Joss Whedon still has plenty of credit to his name from the Avengers to either (a) direct another movie (possibly big-budgeted, funded by a studio) or (b) get a TV show of his own in the air. For someone with his opportunities, it would be incredibly surprising (to me, at least) to find him directing one episode of a show he has no producer or writer credit on. Of course, he may still do it out of geekiness, I'm just pointing out that career-wise, he has better options. I will agree that he has not made much use of those options recently, and that his now strained relationship with Marvel might bar him from working in other big projects, but I still think it unlikely that he would go the "direct one episode of the Flash" route.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    It`s not an issue of time commitment. Joss Whedon still has plenty of credit to his name from the Avengers to either (a) direct another movie (possibly big-budgeted, funded by a studio) or (b) get a TV show of his own in the air. For someone with his opportunities, it would be incredibly surprising (to me, at least) to find him directing one episode of a show he has no producer or writer credit on. Of course, he may still do it out of geekiness, I'm just pointing out that career-wise, he has better options. I will agree that he has not made much use of those options recently, and that his now strained relationship with Marvel might bar him from working in other big projects, but I still think it unlikely that he would go the "direct one episode of the Flash" route.
    He directed an episode of Glee, which he had no prior involvement with. So there's a precedent for him to do one episode of a show he isn't involved in.

Work is work. I don't think he is hurting for money or work. He has a lot of projects going on whether he is directly involved in or gave the green light for.

All I am saying it won't hurt him in the short-term or long-term.

Fantastic Member

He probably won't do it until Flash is a woman or Idris Elba.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday