Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I really liked Soule's run. Wish it had gone longer.
    It might had lasted longer if Soule had worked with Slott to create a story that would feature She-Hulk and Spider-Man working together. In addition, Soule and Slott could had involved Jen in the Spiderverse story line that would feature Bruce Banner as Spider-Man. This would have bought over 30K unique readers to the She-Hulk fold...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It might had lasted longer if Soule had worked with Slott to create a story that would feature She-Hulk and Spider-Man working together. In addition, Soule and Slott could had involved Jen in the Spiderverse story line that would feature Bruce Banner as Spider-Man. This would have bought over 30K unique readers to the She-Hulk fold...
    That might last for the crossover but doesn't mean that would stick to the title after the crossover is over and if that was the case a lot of titles (and not just Marvel) would've been successful by involving one character in a crossover with another book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    That might last for the crossover but doesn't mean that would stick to the title after the crossover is over and if that was the case a lot of titles (and not just Marvel) would've been successful by involving one character in a crossover with another book.
    No crossover. Just an original story collaboration whereby Slott provides the breakdown to the beginning, middle, and end. Soule would write the story based on Slott original breakdown story arc to create his own unique story. IMO, crossover can be a very confusing mess if different writers does the same story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This is the closest we're going to get to Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters meeting.

what story was this from? bizarre.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what story was this from? bizarre.
    Civil War (2015), on Battleworld during Secret Wars (2015).

https://www.marvel.com/comics/series...civil_war_2015

https://www.comixology.com/Civil-War...s-series/47530
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Have you ever considered making an "All Purpose Darthfury Ships" thread?
    That would definitely dramatically cut down on post noise in this forum

Amazed this guy is still at it - he’s been doing this since Usenet was a thing. Many many years.
    Last edited by Jness; 01-30-2021 at 08:40 PM.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Incredible Member

Possibly my favorite rendition of Peter Parker ever.
    Back in Black being a close second.
    Last edited by Mr. White; 02-01-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    That would definitely dramatically cut down on post noise in this forum

Amazed this guy is still at it - he’s been doing this since Usenet was a thing. Many many years.
    Jennifer Walters and Peter Parker would make for the perfect partnership. Firstly, Peter is already the Spider-Hulk, which would peek Jennifer's interest because she has found someone who understands how it feels to be a Hulk. Secondly, Jennifer and Peter's partnership would rival Spider-Man & Deadpool. Lastly, Jennifer and Peter are exactly alike as there are both nerds

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Lastly, Jennifer and Peter are exactly alike as there are both nerds
    I will tell you from personal experience that I strongly disagree with this. I went to a science high school way back and trust me, we were not all "exactly alike." Just because two people are nerds doesn't mean they will automatically get along with each other.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Jennifer Walters and Peter Parker would make for the perfect partnership. Firstly, Peter is already the Spider-Hulk, which would peek Jennifer's interest because she has found someone who understands how it feels to be a Hulk. Secondly, Jennifer and Peter's partnership would rival Spider-Man & Deadpool. Lastly, Jennifer and Peter are exactly alike as there are both nerds
    Peter was Spider-Hulk in the past, yes, but I highly doubt he'd ever wanna go back there again. Before to Wade, Jennifer doesn't have much in common with Peter, and don't assume like Ravin Ray said, that both being nerds would make them work well.

Astonishing Member

I will tell you from personal experience that I strongly disagree with this. I went to a science high school way back and trust me, we were not all "exactly alike." Just because two people are nerds doesn't mean they will automatically get along with each other.
    The same could be said about Black Cat and Deadpool respectively regarding common interests. Yet, those two characters get along well. There is so little interaction between Jennifer and Peter that we do not know where they really stand. Jennifer has a strong legal mind that also differs from Matt Murdock. Jennifer and Peter have the potential to form a strong partnership. I will agree that it depends on the story and characterization, as well as a writer who could make it work. We only know about Jennifer's graduate education, which is UCLA Law School. But what was her undergraduate major? That's the question that Marvel has yet to address. When I referred to Jennifer and Peter being "exactly alike", I meant that both of them have an inquisitive mind that sets them a part, meaning that both were loners who loved to study the subjects they care about. Both of them had loved ones tied to law enforcement. Both of them lost a loved one. Both of them were gifted students in their field. That's what I mean of Jennifer and Peter being exactly alike.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    Peter was Spider-Hulk in the past, yes, but I highly doubt he'd ever wanna go back there again. Before to Wade, Jennifer doesn't have much in common with Peter, and don't assume like Ravin Ray said, that both being nerds would make them work well.
    We'll never know until a future writer decides to place Jennifer and Peter on the same Avengers team. Remember that a lot of characters didn't have much in common with Peter because he was never a part of the same team. The reason why Jennifer and Peter doesn't have anything in common is because no writer has ever bother to put them on the same team.

As for Peter being Spider-Hulk, that's still a story that he and Jennifer could talk about. Once gamma radiation is in the body, it's there permanently. There are a lot of team-up adventures between Peter and Jennifer that could rival Deadpool and Spider-Man...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-19-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Spectacular Member

We'll never know until a future writer decides to place Jennifer and Peter on the same Avengers team. Remember that a lot of characters didn't have much in common with Peter because he was never a part of the same team. The reason why Jennifer and Peter doesn't have anything in common is because no writer has ever bother to put them on the same team.

As for Peter being Spider-Hulk, that's still a story that he and Jennifer could talk about. Once gamma radiation is in the body, it's there permanently. There are a lot of team-up adventures between Peter and Jennifer that could rival Deadpool and Spider-Man...
    Frankly, nobody wants to know, let alone a future writer. Peter may be a bit of a lone wolf, hence why you hardly see him much on a team, but he still gets along decently with people like Black Cat, The F4, Wolverine, Deadpool, Daredevil, and of course, in some cases, Jessica Drew. The reason why writers won't put Jenni and Peter in a team up, let alone, on the same team, is because there is no reasonable plot to put them together, and the timing isn't right. Take into consideration of what's happening to them currently right now. Peter just got his new costume, and has a handful of his own problems. While Jenni has her own problems to take care of as well.

Regarding Spider-Hulk, that's not a story that he'll talk about, and he's pretty much moving on from that. At this stage, there's nothing compatible between Peter and Jenn that could make them work well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    Frankly, nobody wants to know, let alone a future writer. Peter may be a bit of a lone wolf, hence why you hardly see him much on a team, but he still gets along decently with people like Black Cat, The F4, Wolverine, Deadpool, Daredevil, and of course, in some cases, Jessica Drew. The reason why writers won't put Jenni and Peter in a team up, let alone, on the same team, is because there is no reasonable plot to put them together, and the timing isn't right. Take into consideration of what's happening to them currently right now. Peter just got his new costume, and has a handful of his own problems. While Jenni has her own problems to take care of as well.

Regarding Spider-Hulk, that's not a story that he'll talk about, and he's pretty much moving on from that. At this stage, there's nothing compatible between Peter and Jenn that could make them work well.
    Spider-Hulk is a diamond in the rough. The same as when Dan Slott created Superior Spider-Man, a concept that no one saw coming. What makes a story successful is to creating things that no one agrees with. That's what brings the audience(support) for the series. I feel that Aaron should put Peter Parker on his Avengers team. Jennifer and Peter has a story that will bring $$$$$ to the table. Marvel has already established it. They just need to put it together...

Success is right in front of them. No fan fiction or fan art. Everything gets reused. Peter and Jennifer are no different from Spider-Man x Deadpool.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-21-2021 at 09:59 PM.