Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Because he's not really the sparing type and he's rightly afraid that she would crush him since she's much much stronger than he is.
    Not unless Spidey becomes The Spider-Hulk


  2. #32
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    What also be cool to see is Jennifer Walters, Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, and Peter Parker working together. This would be the Ultimate Carol Corps adventure.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    What also be cool to see is Jennifer Walters, Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, and Peter Parker working together. This would be the Ultimate Carol Corps adventure.
    It would be cool to see Jen involved in the spiderverse where her cousin is Spider-Man....

  4. #34
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Black Cat and Mary Jane are enough for Peter. (Bobbi worked pretty good, until the break up)

    So unless you wanna ask the writers to make a mass-shipping for Peter happen, Jennifer, Carol, and Natasha won't do Peter well.

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    Black Cat and Mary Jane are enough for Peter. (Bobbi worked pretty good, until the break up)

    So unless you wanna ask the writers to make a mass-shipping for Peter happen, Jennifer, Carol, and Natasha won't do Peter well.
    I never said a sexual relationship. I do not feel that Peter's female allies should be limited to MJ and Black Cat. Relationships is not about romance. It's about what can Peter Parker(non-Spidey role) do to help the protagonist(Natasha, Jennifer, Carol, and Jessica Drew) in the story. What could Dr. Peter Parker contribute to the development of the heroine going forward? A good example is Peter developing devices that would help the protagonist in the story. And there are a lot of examples that Peter has that would be of use to The She-Hulk, Black Widow, Jessica Drew, and Carol Danvers. And there are things that the said heroines can do to help Spider-Man going forward in the story in ways that the Black Cat can't do, like going through inter dimension and space travel, which would put Peter's skills to good use as he is a scientist.

    Imagine playing Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh trading cards to improve your deck in a battle. The player never uses the same cards in every battle. They always mixes them up. That's what is called a good story that will keep the viewers buying into the story....

    Another angle that could work is the Spider-verse based on the following:

    1. Black Widow & Spider-Man Noir
    2. Captain Marvel & Cosmic Spider-Man
    3. She-Hulk & Bruce Banner: The Amazing Spider-Man
    4. Jessica Drew & Spider-Man(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-01-2020 at 11:16 AM.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,904

    Default


  7. #37
    Fantastic Member Grapeweasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    383

    Default

    "The one called Spider-Man will be snoo-snooed by the large women...."

  8. #38
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    117

    Default

    I think Spider-Man is gonna get Snu Snu'ed.
    Last edited by saiyan_earthling; 08-09-2020 at 03:35 AM. Reason: eh

  9. #39
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    Black Cat and Mary Jane are enough for Peter. (Bobbi worked pretty good, until the break up)

    So unless you wanna ask the writer
    s to make a mass-shipping for Peter happen, Jennifer, Carol, and Natasha won't do Peter well.
    Putting Peter with every woman heroine is just not necessary. Let Natasha and the rest have their own relationships and ( or) partnerships and let Peter be with MJ.

  10. #40
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Putting Peter with every woman heroine is just not necessary. Let Natasha and the rest have their own relationships and ( or) partnerships and let Peter be with MJ.
    Relationships are about stories of which one side has something that the other is missing. In the case of Black Widow, she might have direct ties to Peter's parents. For Jennifer Walters, she and Peter have more in common, which is having a relative whose a member of the Police Force. Both are intellectually driven. Both can help the other out, such as Peter and Jennifer working on a legal case for the law. Earth bond and Cosmic bond.

    Peter would work well with Carol as she can introduce him to her world, which is the unexplored world of cosmic civilization for his scientific research. Jennifer can bring Peter into her Hulk-verse, where he'll encounter things that might be found in the Dragonball series. Natasha can introduce Peter to her world of espionage where his intellect will be useful for Natasha's mission.

    Overall, Peter should have had a closer relationship with Carol, Natasha, and Jennifer because they are members of the Avengers. Yet, no writer wants to use Peter Parker as a member who has lots to contribute. The reason why the said heroines would work well with Peter is because they are exactly alike.

    By the way: No one will ever replace MJ as Peter's love interest in the Marvel-616 realm. But that's not to say that Peter's friendship with a heroine wouldn't come close to it. I would say that Peter's relationship with Mockingbird would be a mirror reflection of Carol Danvers relationship with Peter Parker might have turned out if Dan Slott was writing the story.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-09-2020 at 01:28 AM.

  11. #41
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Relationships are about stories of which one side has something that the other is missing. In the case of Black Widow, she might have direct ties to Peter's parents. For Jennifer Walters, she and Peter have more in common, which is having a relative whose a member of the Police Force. Both are intellectually driven. Both can help the other out, such as Peter and Jennifer working on a legal case for the law. Earth bond and Cosmic bond.

    Peter would work well with Carol as she can introduce him to her world, which is the unexplored world of cosmic civilization for his scientific research. Jennifer can bring Peter into her Hulk-verse, where he'll encounter things that might be found in the Dragonball series. Natasha can introduce Peter to her world of espionage where his intellect will be useful for Natasha's mission.

    Overall, Peter should have had a closer relationship with Carol, Natasha, and Jennifer because they are members of the Avengers. Yet, no writer wants to use Peter Parker as a member who has lots to contribute. The reason why the said heroines would work well with Peter is because they are exactly alike.

    By the way: No one will ever replace MJ as Peter's love interest in the Marvel-616 realm. But that's not to say that Peter's friendship with a heroine wouldn't come close to it. I would say that Peter's relationship with Mockingbird would be a mirror reflection of Carol Danvers relationship with Peter Parker might have turned out if Dan Slott was writing the story.
    Spidey versus Red Skull a good spy story ( not to mention Theresa is available), so Natasha who Peter never got along with ( why I do not know?), not needed. Carol? He has taken on Enemies like Firebird and Thanos and won. You do not need to send him to outer space to find good battles. What makes the Great Spider-Man fight is one thing. Never quitting despite the odds: Firestar, Juggernaut, and ASM 33 to name some examples. It’s easy to win a fight when the odds are in your favor, but when you have no chance, that’s when it counts. (Peter Parker ASM 33). As for Jennifer, what makes her unique compared to all the other team ups done throughout the years? Finally, Peter is not exactly like any of those ladies. Why? Let’s start with the fact that most of the Peter solo stories are not the kind of stories you equate Natasha and the others with ( obviously Red Skull was an exception). I am of the opinion that his best team ups were with the Human Torch because they have a lot in common. My favorite female team up was Red Sonja. It was not just creating a team up story and hoping it worked, it was great because only Red Sonja could have made it work because of the MJ tie in. There is a fierceness about MJ when backed into a corner, that makes you think she has a little Red Sonja in her.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Spidey versus Red Skull a good spy story ( not to mention Theresa is available), so Natasha who Peter never got along with ( why I do not know?), not needed. Carol? He has taken on Enemies like Firebird and Thanos and won. You do not need to send him to outer space to find good battles. What makes the Great Spider-Man fight is one thing. Never quitting despite the odds: Firestar, Juggernaut, and ASM 33 to name some examples. It’s easy to win a fight when the odds are in your favor, but when you have no chance, that’s when it counts. (Peter Parker ASM 33). As for Jennifer, what makes her unique compared to all the other team ups done throughout the years? Finally, Peter is not exactly like any of those ladies. Why? Let’s start with the fact that most of the Peter solo stories are not the kind of stories you equate Natasha and the others with ( obviously Red Skull was an exception). I am of the opinion that his best team ups were with the Human Torch because they have a lot in common. My favorite female team up was Red Sonja. It was not just creating a team up story and hoping it worked, it was great because only Red Sonja could have made it work because of the MJ tie in. There is a fierceness about MJ when backed into a corner, that makes you think she has a little Red Sonja in her.
    The real meaning of a relationship is really about what could Peter Parker offer to the protagonist and vice versa. I feel that Parker should branch out to include others. Yeah. The Human Torch and Spider-Man are a good team. The same could be done with The Beast, Tigra, and Captain Britain(Brian/Betsy Braddock) as well.

    Everything that was said are past stories with Spider-Man and others. The world always move towards different things. If Deadpool and Spider-Man can find a common ground. Why can't Black Widow and Spider-Man? A few space adventures for Dr. Parker wouldn't hurt the character as it would be the ultimate opportunity of a lifetime in a non-Spidey role. It could see Carol Danvers and Peter working together in this regard. We haven't seen Parker do much on The Avengers for the 2010's because no writer wanted to used him, which is quite dumb on their part. I don't feel that Spidey should be limited to street crimes. Even a street fighter life Batman always branches out to do different times outside his world. The same can be done with Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-09-2020 at 09:13 AM.

  13. #43
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The real meaning of a relationship is really about what could Peter Parker offer to the protagonist and vice versa. I feel that Parker should branch out to include others. Yeah. The Human Torch and Spider-Man are a good team. The same could be done with The Beast, Tigra, and Captain Britain(Brian/Betsy Braddock) as well.

    Everything that was said are past stories with Spider-Man and others. The world always move towards different things. If Deadpool and Spider-Man can find a common ground. Why can't Black Widow and Spider-Man? A few space adventures for Dr. Parker wouldn't hurt the character as it would be the ultimate opportunity of a lifetime in a non-Spidey role. It could see Carol Danvers and Peter working together in this regard. We haven't seen Parker do much on The Avengers for the 2010's because no writer wanted to used him, which is quite dumb on their part. I don't feel that Spidey should be limited to street crimes. Even a street fighter life Batman always branches out to do different times outside his world. The same can be done with Spider-Man.
    If you read Spider-Man you will realize that most characters who have a sense of humor get along with Peter then those who do not ( Dr. Strange is a notable exception), so Peter getting along with Deadpool should be no shock to anyone. I simply do not need to see Peter in space. He has a huge rogues gallery ( some of which we have not seen in Spencer’s run: Otto, Sandman, Hobgoblin ( Kingsley), Morbius, Shocker, Smythe, Moulon, Mr. Negative and Scorpion to name a few), why not see some of those guys instead? Sending Peter to space is like giving MJ superpowers: She works well the way she is there is no need to do it. Maybe Miles can be used to battle in outer space. He does not have Peter’s rogues gallery or supporting cast, he might be able to develop some new enemies. Your ideas are making changes for the sense of making changes. That is it.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 08-09-2020 at 10:56 AM.

  14. #44
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    If you read Spider-Man you will realize that most characters who have a sense of humor get along with Peter then those who do not ( Dr. Strange is a notable exception), so Peter getting along with Deadpool should be no shock to anyone. I simply do not need to see Peter in space. He has a huge rogues gallery ( some of which we have not seen in Spencer’s run: Otto, Sandman, Hobgoblin ( Kingsley), Morbius, Shocker, Smythe, Moulon, Mr. Negative and Scorpion to name a few), why not see some of those guys instead? Sending Peter to space is like giving MJ superpowers: She works well the way she is there is no need to do it. Maybe Miles can be used to battle in outer space. He does not have Peter’s rogues gallery or supporting cast, he might be able to develop some new enemies. Your ideas are making changes for the sense of making changes. That is it.
    I never said that it has to happen in the pages of Spider-Man. Peter's talents could be shown in the pages of The Avengers, Fantastic Four, and the X-Men respectively. The one thing again Japanese manga is once the protagonist defeats a villain, he rarely goes back to that character. This is the business model that Marvel should follow because it opens the door towards stories that Spidey has not encounter, like The Shadow king or The Hellfire Club.

  15. #45
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Marvel needs to have She-Hulk and Spider-Man working together. This would be the perfect dynamic duo...

    https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-dan-slo...slany-casting/

    https://cosmicbook.news/tatiana-maslany-cast-she-hulk


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •