Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I never said that it has to happen in the pages of Spider-Man. Peter's talents could be shown in the pages of The Avengers, Fantastic Four, and the X-Men respectively. The one thing again Japanese manga is once the protagonist defeats a villain, he rarely goes back to that character. This is the business model that Marvel should follow because it opens the door towards stories that Spidey has not encounter, like The Shadow king or The Hellfire Club.
    NO.

This is American Comics, not "Manga".

American Comics, Where Spider-Man has the freedom to have battled Green Goblin about fifty times, Doctor Octopus, about a hundred.

If you want Shadow King or Hellfire Club, read an X-Title.

Me, I'll be sticking with Shocker, and whoever counts as "Electro" nowadays.
    Last edited by ngroove; 09-18-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    NO.

American Comics, Where Spider-Man has the freedom to have battled Green Goblin about fifty times, Doctor Octopus, about a hundred.

Characters need to be challenged. That's how they grow. Battling the same characters gets boring. Especially when it comes to making new content. The publishing division has the freedom to do things that can't be done on TV or movies if other companies holds the rights to them, like Sony's Spider-Man films.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    NO.

It's a genre staple in American comics for super-villains to appear in other titles. This is how we get scene like this:

In team titles like the Avengers super-heres fight villains they usually aren't involved with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's a genre staple in American comics for super-villains to appear in other titles. This is how we get scene like this:

In team titles like the Avengers super-heroes fight villains they usually aren't involved with.
    I long to see The Lizard and Sauron working together in a partnership. What would be interesting is if they have ties to Dr. Ted Sallis(Man-Thing).

It's such a shame that Spider-man is not featured on any The Avengers series; especially on Jason Arron's Mighty Avengers where Peter Parker would fit right in with Carol's team...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-19-2020 at 12:21 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This is the closest we're going to get to Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters meeting.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel needs to have She-Hulk and Spider-Man working together. This would be the perfect dynamic duo...

https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-dan-slo...slany-casting/

https://cosmicbook.news/tatiana-maslany-cast-she-hulk

I love it. My fanfiction inspiration is tingling.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I love it. My fanfiction inspiration is tingling.
    This is the original cover:

This is the original cover:

I prefer the modified version but to each their own.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I prefer the modified version but to each their own.
    I would love to see further development of Jenn and Peter's friendship. The best platform to explore this is in Jason Arron's Mighty Avengers run where Spidey is placed with Team Carol, which Jenn is a member. Their interaction would be a goldmine of new stories(for Marvel) as much as we have seen with Spider-Man and Deadpool team-up series due to the character's 4th wall interaction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. While we acknowledge your tireless promotion of Peter and Jennifer, it has been perfectly clear for years now that Marvel has no intent to do such a storyline with its current roster of writers, and perhaps it will be best to quietly admit that and move on.
    Agreed. But Marvel needs to change its "stuck in the past" approach. The only way to get my approach across is to write a snail mail to Marvel. Also, the editorial needs to mix things up with they characters and stories by creating a policy that would allow the use of exchanging characters between different editorial departments in order to create exposure to their audience.

Marvel used to do that in the past. Now everything is segregated among the editorial departments. This is why sales of comics have been sluggish for the past decade because they ignored their audience. The fact that Spider-Man is not part of The Avengers or X-Men team is very sad. They can do a Spider-Man & Deadpool comic series. But no She-Hulk & Spider-Man, let along Spider-Man & Black Widow? Spidey has never had an ongoing series that featured him and a super heroine working together in the same manner as Wolverine and Deadpool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    The curse of The Man-Thing should be passed unto Peter Parker. He helped to create the events that led to Dr. Ted Salis transformation to the Man-Thing.

Astonishing Member

I long to see The Lizard and Sauron working together in a partnership. What would be interesting is if they have ties to Dr. Ted Sallis(Man-Thing).

It's such a shame that Spider-man is not featured on any The Avengers series; especially on Jason Arron's Mighty Avengers where Peter Parker would fit right in with Carol's team...
    I am a solid NO on this. Why? 1: When Peter was in The Avengers he was treated as “The Kid” ( MCU) or “Comedy Relief” ( 616). 2: Does anyone realize how super teams work in 2020? Think of the mutant island or hanging out in Avengers Mansion. They act like elitists who rarely interact with the general public and when it comes to The Avengers they are 24/7 superheroes. In Amazing Peter is every bit as important a character as Spider-Man and I do not want that to change. Finally, I notice there are certain people here who want Peter with Carol, or Cindy or Mockingbird or some female super heroine. Why? There is only one logical conclusion: They want him shacking up one of those ladies instead of being with MJ. Is there anything wrong with that? No not at all ( just like there is nothing wrong with me wanting only MJ). But be honest about it. At least Slott for all of his faults was honest about what he thought about MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Have you ever considered making an "All Purpose Darthfury Ships" thread?
    LOL well at least he's consistent. The love doctor!
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The curse of The Man-Thing should be passed unto Peter Parker.
    I don't mind this as a stand-alone concept. But just to shoehorn Jen into a Peter story where they eventually discover each other's human identities… no.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

The curse of The Man-Thing should be passed unto Peter Parker. He helped to create the events that led to Dr. Ted Salis transformation to the Man-Thing.
    What happened to Ted Salis might be the saddest case in comic book history ( and along with Mia Farrow in Rosemary’s Baby maybe the saddest case in fiction). As for Spider-Man, I do not understand those people who want to screw over Peter ( writers like Slott and certain so-called fans come to mind). I have always thought that the curse of Man-Thing should be stuck on the worst of the worst. Red Skull or Carnage. If not that concept then maybe a wife beater like Hank Pym?
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 12-21-2020 at 07:23 PM.