Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The Peter Parker/Jennifer Walters friendship topic, not to mention numerous other platonic ships such as Peter/Jessica Drew and the Spider-Hulk thing, has gone on long enough both here and outside CBR (yes Darthfury78, I've seen your posts on other sites), that we need to take a long, hard look back to where it all began to see if, aside from rehashing, sometimes word-for-word, old posts that have become so familiar to the audience here as they have read them nigh ad infinitum, anything new and concrete has been added over the years to see if the arguments for such relationships have been strengthened. And by concrete I refer to panels that absolutely leave no doubt that Peter and Jennifer do, in fact, have so much in common that it would practically be a crime if Marvel did not pair them as friends. And by no doubt I mean that the panels need to speak for themselves, with little or no explanation needed.

It behooves the proponent of any idea to steadily build upon that idea, to make progress, rather than just reminding others of what they already know.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The Peter Parker/Jennifer Walters friendship topic, not to mention numerous other platonic ships such as Peter/Jessica Drew and the Spider-Hulk thing, has gone on long enough both here and outside CBR (yes Darthfury78, I've seen your posts on other sites), that we need to take a long, hard look back to where it all began to see if, aside from rehashing, sometimes word-for-word, old posts that have become so familiar to the audience here as they have read them nigh ad infinitum, anything new and concrete has been added over the years to see if the arguments for such relationships have been strengthened. And by concrete I refer to panels that absolutely leave no doubt that Peter and Jennifer do, in fact, have so much in common that it would practically be a crime if Marvel did not pair them as friends. And by no doubt I mean that the panels need to speak for themselves, with little or no explanation needed.

It behooves the proponent of any idea to steadily build upon that idea, to make progress, rather than just reminding others of what they already know.
    Can't agree more.

Extraordinary Member

HI,I've been reading cbr forums for a while and decided to make an account.Spiderman fan.Just wanted to say that I agree to this.I think there is a lot of potential in these friendships and they should be explored but we don't have enough content to keep talking about this.She-hulk,Black widow,Psylocke,Captain Marvel have great potential with Spidey .Spidey and Peter was cap britains roomate slash semi-mentor not to mention the A+X tie-in,Black widow and Spidey was great in ends of the earth,Captain Marvel we already know and this is the She-hulk thread.We as fans can't really do much about it butI hope writers use these characters with Spiderman as it would lead to interesting dynamics and intertwined stories.Specially since the little stuff we have gotten has been well recieved.

Extraordinary Member

I think an important part of showing a friendship between Peter and other superheroes is with those who know Peter is Spidey.

However you have to take in to account how Peter would come to hang out with 'known' supers.

Pete and Matt make sense as both have secret identities....so no suspiciousness.

Pete could hang out with Luke and Jessica because Pete and Jessica went to school together so could be seen from the outside as old classmates reconnecting.

But what would be the reason Pete would hang out with Steve Rogers or Carol Danvers? What non-super circle would they be running in to become friends??
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-02-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think an important part of showing a friendship between Peter and other superheroes is with those who know Peter is Spidey.

However you have to take in to account how Peter would come to hang out with 'known' supers.

Pete and Matt make sense as both have secret identities....so no suspiciousness.

Pete could hang out with Luke and Jessica because Pete and Jessica went to school together so could be seen from the outside as old classmates reconnecting.

But what would be the reason Pete would hang out with Steve Rogers or Carol Danvers? What non-super circle would they be running in to become friends??
    The US Government agency ties Carol Danvers, Steve Rogers, and Peter Parker together respectively. I feel that the Black Widow knows that Peter is Spider-Man. I am sure that a very good writer can develop a good reason for Carol Danvers , Jennifer Walters, and Jessica Drew to work together outside of the Avengers.

Had Brian Reed had had the chance to develop Carol's friendship with Peter Parker, it might have led to some interesting stories that doesn't involve a romantic relationship. A real shame that no other writer has bothered to create stories between Captain Marvel and Spider-Man that could have spanned 100 issues among various titles, like being on the same Avengers team, and making an occasional guest appearance in each other's books for a story arc. A story between 2 characters working together over a span of 100 issues is more than enough to make them close allies..
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-06-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
    the us government agency ties carol danvers, steve rogers, and peter parker together respectively. I feel that the black widow knows that peter is spider-man. I am sure that a very good writer can develop a good reason for carol danvers , jennifer walters, and jessica drew to work together outside of the avengers.

Had brian reed had had the chance to develop carol's friendship with peter parker, it might have led to some interesting stories that doesn't involve a romantic relationship. A real shame that no other writer has bothered to create stories between captain marvel and spider-man that could have spanned 100 issues among various titles, like being on the same avengers team, and making an occasional guest appearance in each other's books for a story arc. A story between 2 characters working together over a span of 100 issues is more than enough to make them close allies..
    this!!!!!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I feel that Jennifer should make a reoccurring guest spot in the pages of ASM. There is so much raw material that would make their stories interesting a part from Spider-Man and Deadpool. On a long term basis, if Jennifer's appearance in ASM is positive, her series could bring in 40% of the ASM readers over to her world. No crossovers. What would cool to see is Spider-Man and She-Hulk vs Mephisto...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-31-2022 at 04:41 AM.

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Pete hook up with Betty on a few investigative type stories, creating some tension with MJ. I know Darthfury gets grief for these threads, but there's a 'character obsession' thread in the Marvel section that just goes on and on. Nobody comments on THAT. Y'all probably know which thread I'm talking about.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Pete hook up with Betty on a few investigative type stories, creating some tension with MJ. I know Darthfury gets grief for these threads, but there's a 'character obsession' thread in the Marvel section that just goes on and on. Nobody comments on THAT. Y'all probably know which thread I'm talking about.
    While I like the dynamic between Peter and Betty Brant, the later doesn't have an ongoing series. What's lacking is that the characters in Peter's world do not migrate to other parts of the Marvel Universe. I feel that Spider-Man and She-Hulk would generate strong sales figures as well as Spider-Man and Black Widow. Why do you ask? It's because Jennifer, Natasha and Peter are tied to their love for Intellectual adventure respectively. Their relationship is like having a deck of Pokemon trading cards in which no one set are the same. Combine them to form a whole new adventure..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    Please DM which one, I have suspicions but I'd like to know

And yeah I'd be down for that

Astonishing Member

Two She-Hulk developments, one for the comics, one for the MCU.

This one was already telegraphed to us, but in Fantastic Four #40,
    spoilers:
    She-Hulk and Jack of Hearts are already an item, effectively preempting their story in her own title. Jen Bartel's covers for a future issue shows them being sweet to each other.
    end of spoilers
    CBR has an article about that here.

And another character will supposedly show up in the Disney+ show, as CBR reports here.
    She-Hulk and spoilers:
    Jack of Hearts
    end of spoilers? This would be interesting. No build up towards the relationship. Still waiting for a She-Hulk and Spider-Man team-up event.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 02-23-2022 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I'm waiting for the joke where Peter calls Jennifer an "ambulance lifter"...

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Yes I'm aware of these posts by Darthfury...I'm not wholly against some of the ideas, but, here's my take:

Thinking on what we've heard about the upcoming Zeb Wells take on Spidey - everyone is against him, Pete and MJ "split up"...it's a play on the trope of Pete/Spidey being a loner, an outcast..I'm not going to like that, we've had that before and it's "old hat"...ASM has always had many supporting characters and friends portrayed, the orphaned, loner boy with troubles on his shoulders trope is out of time now..

I'm interested in the idea of a "spider family" an extended family for Pete made up of "supers" along with friends...sorry Darthfury I don't see any connections to be made with Jenn She Hulk, or Black Widow.....it starts of course with MJ and Black Cat, the MJ Black Cat recent comic was lovely....then, yes I would like Jess Drew Spider-woman to be around more with Pete, they should be close friends..I'd love OMD to be erased and there to be the potential (or actuality) of Pete and MJ having a baby..it's being done (and working) with Spider-woman, so why not Spider-man..and this would be another commonality between Pete and Jess..then comes along Jess Jones, and Luke Cage..already friends, and also with a baby...and Carol Danvers, besties already with Jess Drew (and has had a flirtation with Pete in the past)....so far so "harem" for Pete..but, then Johnny Storm (a long time friend), and the FF of course..Pete is already virtually part of that family already, long time association....and Matt Murdock of course, they are good friends already...and Captain America, who just took time out to help re-train Pete along with Black Cat...all these super folks have natural ties and they could naturally be shown to be bound up in Pete's life...good joined up writing would make this so, and ASM would be full of these characters regularly...none of this loner, everyone against him Spider-man angst we've seen before...

Oh and I mustn't forget Ben, his brother, and Teresa, sister(?)...speaking of Ben, now Pete's back Ben hopefully can have his own Spider title, and if he goes to LA, well, that's where Black Widow is, maybe Ben could be working friends with her, her crew includes a Spider-Woman too..
    Last edited by SplinteringHeart; 02-27-2022 at 04:50 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

So, a solo She-Hulk picture in a thread about a Parker/Walters partnership, hmmm…
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES