Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Yes I'm aware of these posts by Darthfury...I'm not wholly against some of the ideas, but, here's my take:

Thinking on what we've heard about the upcoming Zeb Wells take on Spidey - everyone is against him, Pete and MJ "split up"...it's a play on the trope of Pete/Spidey being a loner, an outcast..I'm not going to like that, we've had that before and it's "old hat"...ASM has always had many supporting characters and friends portrayed, the orphaned, loner boy with troubles on his shoulders trope is out of time now..

I'm interested in the idea of a "spider family" an extended family for Pete made up of "supers" along with friends...sorry Darthfury I don't see any connections to be made with Jenn She Hulk, or Black Widow.....it starts of course with MJ and Black Cat, the MJ Black Cat recent comic was lovely....then, yes I would like Jess Drew Spider-woman to be around more with Pete, they should be close friends..I'd love OMD to be erased and there to be the potential (or actuality) of Pete and MJ having a baby..it's being done (and working) with Spider-woman, so why not Spider-man..and this would be another commonality between Pete and Jess..then comes along Jess Jones, and Luke Cage..already friends, and also with a baby...and Carol Danvers, besties already with Jess Drew (and has had a flirtation with Pete in the past)....so far so "harem" for Pete..but, then Johnny Storm (a long time friend), and the FF of course..Pete is already virtually part of that family already, long time association....and Matt Murdock of course, they are good friends already...and Captain America, who just took time out to help re-train Pete along with Black Cat...all these super folks have natural ties and they could naturally be shown to be bound up in Pete's life...good joined up writing would make this so, and ASM would be full of these characters regularly...none of this loner, everyone against him Spider-man angst we've seen before...

Oh and I mustn't forget Ben, his brother, and Teresa, sister(?)...speaking of Ben, now Pete's back Ben hopefully can have his own Spider title, and if he goes to LA, well, that's where Black Widow is, maybe Ben could be working friends with her, her crew includes a Spider-Woman too..
    Jennifer and Peter could tie in a team-up adventure in the same manner as Deadpool and Spider-Man. I feel that Black Cat should move away from Spider-Man's orbit, which would allow her to grow as a character. As for Ben, he should have stayed dead. I never understood why Slott brought Ben back from the dead. Kaine Parker was enough, as far as clones goes.

Regarding Jessica and Carol? I feel that their friendship could expand to include Peter Parker, which makes for an interesting dynamic.

The Black Widow has something over Peter Parker that ties to his parents. I long to see an established relationship between Spider-Man and Black Widow who could also have an ongoing series that would do very well on par with Spider-Man and Deadpool.

I still feel that a She-Hulk and Spider-Man series would do very well in terms of strong sale figures.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-01-2022 at 02:00 PM.