View Poll Results: Who do you like more: Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel or Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel

74 29.72%
  • Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow

175 70.28%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who do you like more: Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel or Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow?

Just wondering...

Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 07-28-2016 at 06:40 PM.

BANNED

Apples and oranges in my opinion
    But I like Widow more

BANNED

I like both, but Carol more. Natasha is that character that's fun and exciting to see but that I only ever actively follow her when she happens to appear in a title outside her own. Carol is that character that I actively try to follow up on no matter where she appears.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Does it need to be a competition?

I'm slightly more invested in Black Widow stories, but I think both are compelling characters with some good stories and interesting histories; both were at the forefront of Marvel's first push for female heroes.

Both of them also suffer when their character is flattened or oversimplified in certain team books or events.

Black Widow.

More interesting power set, staying more true to her history.

Ever since the Binary persona(now her "powered up" persona in Ultimates), Colonel Danvers has had too wildly fluctuating power levels, sometimes making her uber powered and too far out(almost Sentry power). Too Blue Marvel/Super Man for me.

Both are fantastic characters in their own right. Natasha has a great history and style, I love arc of redemption and trying to balance the good of now with the bad of the past. However, if I had to pick it would be Carol for sure. I love her personality, her strength and what she is willing to sacrifice. I really hope CWII dose not blind people to her positive aspects.

Black Widow by Far. She has a great backstory and has better relationships with Characters in the Marvel U at large because of that Black Widow has unlimited story potential. Marvel just never seems to find a permanent role for Carol. DeConnick did a decent job but the damage done to Carol's character in the first Civil War really hurt her in my opinion. Civil War II isn't really helping Carol either.

Carol for me. She is my all time favorite female character.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I can't relate to Natasha. I don't think I'd be able to hang out with her, either. I'm voting Carol. she's not very intimidating.

Who do you prefer, Black Widow or Spiderwoman? I like Black Widow better.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Black widow hands down. But i like Carol as well

Go back a few years and this would have been a tough choice. But Carol's become less a character and more a gimmick since 2012, so it's Tasha by a country mile.

BANNED

The movie Black Widow inclined me to choose Black Widow over Carol.

Comics: Widow.

I don't like movie Widow though so I'm hoping Carol outshines her in the movies.