View Poll Results: Who do you like more: Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel or Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel

74 29.72%
  • Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow

175 70.28%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

To be honest I don't like particularly neither of them, but the movie give Black Widow a big push, while Carol has a more interesting skill set.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I suspect the poll results will change following the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I suspect the poll results will change following the movie.
    Nah. After the movie Carol may be most popular overall, but it won't change the mind of most people here on CBR. And also you can't change your vote anyway and the difference rn is huge.

BANNED

the poll was made around civil war II was happening. I can see the result being this way since even now the memory is sour in many fans eyes.

Not to mention it's mostly 616marvel bumping the thread every few months so it won't gain much traction in terms of votes

After the movie comes out, and (hopefully) does well, I wonder how many people will still argue that Carol isn't Marvel's flagship female character

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Black Widow.

I find her to be one of the most compelling Avengers and unlike Carol her characterization is pretty consistent.
    Certainly deserves a stand-alone movie in 2020 ever since the character made her debut in the MCU in 2010.

As characters? Carol.

Black Widow was generic to me before Scarlet Johansson. I really like ScarJo
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    After the movie comes out, and (hopefully) does well, I wonder how many people will still argue that Carol isn't Marvel's flagship female character
    The movie is out and was successful, but no, Carol still isn't Marvel's flagship female hero. You can't force flagship status, it has to be earned. Spider-Man as well as the X-Men are considered to be flagship because throughout their time of publication, they've proven to be among Marvel's most popular products, at no point needing anything other than their compelling stories and characters to prop them up. Carol doesn't have that kind of cultural success to the degree that from the 80's until the early 2000's, she was basically a supporting character among the teams that she was on, not a star player. Her following doesn't even compare to the things that are considered to be flagships of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The movie is out and was successful, but no, Carol still isn't Marvel's flagship female hero. You can't force flagship status, it has to be earned. Spider-Man as well as the X-Men are considered to be flagship because throughout their time of publication, they've proven to be among Marvel's most popular products, at no point needing anything other than their compelling stories and characters to prop them up. Carol doesn't have that kind of cultural success to the degree that from the 80's until the early 2000's, she was basically a supporting character among the teams that she was on, not a star player. Her following doesn't even compare to the things that are considered to be flagships of Marvel.
    So in your opinion who is Marvel's flagship female character?

Who says there has to be one in the first place?

There isn’t one just yet. When I think of an indisputable flagship female, Wonder Woman comes to mind. She’s a cultural figure that everyone knows about and has for quite a long time. Marvel hasn’t reached the point of having someone like that yet. Maybe some day, but it takes time.

Then who is the closest?

Invincible Member

Then who is the closest?
    Storm. Maybe...Sue Richards. An argument could be made for Black Widow.

Incredible Member

Why always this need for flagship characters?
    Just like this poll! How can I compare Carol ans Natasha? They are totally different characters, they have not much things in common (maybe their past spy career, but Carol's was short while it's one of the defining abilities of Natasha). I would have understood a comparison between Natasha and Elektra, but with Carol?
    I like that the Marvel Universe is diverse and populated by strong and interesting female characters like Carol, Natasha, Ororo, Sue, Jean, and countless others where no one steals the show of the other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Black Widow because, although I like the character, Carol's comics are really 'meh'.
    Before the movie released march 8 2019 the comics are really 'meh'?
    After the movie it made a billion! the comics are really 'magnificent'?