View Poll Results: Who do you like more: Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel or Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel

74 29.72%
  • Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow

175 70.28%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Black Widow. She's always been more compelling and complex to me than Carol has.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Oh No, No, NO That is SOOOOOOOOOO Hard of a Question I Love BOTH of these Ladies So Much!

I am going to Hate Myself for choosing one over the other, that just hurts!

So just to say this is VERY Close, so the one over the other is BY A HAIR Level of Just Over, so I am So Sorry to the other Great Lady I don't choose, Seriously Really Sorry!

My Vote Goes to:

Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Just voted. Interesting question.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Natasha's my favorite Marvel character But I like Carol a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How did Marvel get away releasing covers with Natasha's top un-zipped?
    Same reason they got away with drawing Carol's old costume as a near-thong.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    On the one hand, I generally just don't have to much interest in Black Widow beyond the occasional appearance in other character's books. On the other, I'm more interested in Carol(the first place I've read about here was as Ms. Marvel in Busiek's Iron Man run, and i've read the first 5 issues of her current series) but Marvel is really doing there best to make her thoroughly unlikable right now.
    Busiek wanted to use Natasha as a regular character in that Iron Man run too, hahah.
    FYBW: my Black Widow blog.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    So just to say this is VERY Close, so the one over the other is BY A HAIR Level of Just Over,
    Surely you should always pick Medusa by a hair

BANNED

Carol. I never cared for Natasha much in the comics until her current solo series.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Black Widow.

The only time I had any interest in Danvers was when she used to chew her costume.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Mighty Member

Black Widow. More complex, competent but has compelling flaws: it's a real Marvel character for me, I find Captain Marvel too perfect (contrary to her Ms Marvel Period) to be interesting.

I like the Black Widow more.
    I really don't care for Carol as Captain Marvel.
    I liked her better as Ms. Marvel.

I'll give Natasha the edge. I have read most of her Solo Comics and she has closer ties to some of my favourite characters (fo.ex. Hawkeye, duh).

That could all change once I get to read more Carol Stuff, I really like her too and I can't wait to see how Brie Larson will play her in the MCU.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Black Widow much better than Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Black Widow. More complex, competent but has compelling flaws: it's a real Marvel character for me, I find Captain Marvel too perfect (contrary to her Ms Marvel Period) to be interesting.
    The current Civil War II storyline shows Carol as anything but perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Kaplan View Post
    Black Widow much better than Carol.
    Quoted for truth!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Easy choice for me, I'm with the Widow. Natasha has the longer, richer history, she's also a far more complex and intriguing character being she's a spy, assassin and anti-hero who makes James Bond look like a Boy Scout. Despite having no powers, Natasha fits in easily and holds her own with thunder gods, armored titans and super soldiers and takes no **** from any of them. That's why the Widow is my choice.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I prefer Carol, but only in certain versions, like the EMH Animated one. I like her as the law abiding, Hal Jordan fighter jockey type
    Cyclops was right