View Poll Results: Who do you like more: Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel or Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel

74 29.72%
  • Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow

175 70.28%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    Surely you should always pick Medusa by a hair
    I think you just won the thread.

For me, its Carol. I like the Widow well enough, but I have never found her all that interesting as a solo act and much prefer to see her used as a foil against other characters. I love her in team books or as a supporting player in the pages of, for example, Daredevil, but on her own she just does not interest me. Fun, complex and nuanced character, and I think she'd be a joy and a challenge to write, but she's not my cup of tea. But Ive never been big on spies to begin with.

Ex-military super-alien hybrids who run combat/diplomacy satellites in orbit however, I can read about all day.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

Carol has become such a bitch in the comics, but Natasha has always been an exciting character. I've loved ever since she co starred in Daredevil!!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

Black Widow.

I find her to be one of the most compelling Avengers and unlike Carol her characterization is pretty consistent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Great image! Who's the artist?

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Great image! Who's the artist?
    Adi Granov.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Ah, Thanks for clearing that up Winterlord. I couldn't make out what the initials AG stand for.

Black Widow because, although I like the character, Carol's comics are really 'meh'.
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    Black Widow.

More interesting power set, staying more true to her history.

Ever since the Binary persona(now her "powered up" persona in Ultimates), Colonel Danvers has had too wildly fluctuating power levels, sometimes making her uber powered and too far out(almost Sentry power). Too Blue Marvel/Super Man for me.
    I very much appreciate Black Widow staying more true to her 52 years of history.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Dont know why people like to put females against each other but of course Captain Marvel. Much, muuuuch more interesting, powerful, badass and fun and.. and.. and...
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Black Widow. I probably would have said Captain Marvel in 2012 or 2013. I really loved the 2012 run of her book. They've really had Carol go off the rails with the short hair and square jaw and being in Alpha Flight which makes no sense. Not to mention Civil War where she is written really badly. I guess now she becomes the jerk Tony Stark was in the first Civil War. Her book used to be funny and had many offbeat characters and was heartwarming. Now she runs around like it's ok to kill people based on what some unknown Inhuman says. Really think this Civil War is even dumber than the last. With all the new characters and teams all mishmashed already it seems dumb to have them pick sides when they are all new groups of teams anyway.

A bland spy or an American military hero?, I choose Carol

Why would I choose between them.

I like Natasha better as a character, in that she has more interesting stories and inner conflicts.
    But I like Carol better as a person, who'd I'd like to hang out with and look up to.

Ultimate Member

Thanks to Carol, we got Deathbird as a villain, so I give her points for that. (Does Black Widow even have a villain, other than 'other Black Widows?')

But Black Widow, thanks to her MCU portrayal by Scarlett Johansson, is just on fire. Perhaps the Captain Marvel movie will similarly raise Carol's profile. I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Dont know why people like to put females against each other but of course Captain Marvel. Much, muuuuch more interesting, powerful, badass and fun and.. and.. and...
    and you are SO SOOOOOOOO biased. Widow taking down a carrier full of SHIELD agents, blowing a hole in the side and freefalling away with nowt but her skills and marksmanship is 5,000,000,000,000,000 times more badass than Carol zapping a bunch of SHIELD agents and literally flying out of a helicarrier.
    I surrender to the Contest

"I don't know why you'd pit two women against each other, but here is why this one is amazing and the other one totally sucks."