View Poll Results: Who do you like more: Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel or Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel

74 29.72%
  • Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow

175 70.28%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Niffleheim

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    and you are SO SOOOOOOOO biased. Widow taking down a carrier full of SHIELD agents, blowing a hole in the side and freefalling away with nowt but her skills and marksmanship is 5,000,000,000,000,000 times more badass than Carol zapping a bunch of SHIELD agents and literally flying out of a helicarrier.
    Of course it's more badass. Carol taking out a bunch Shield agents isn't exceptionally badass given her abilities, but knocking Thanos is sooooooo much more badass than anything BW has done.

Btw, everybody is biased. Relax.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Being a Daredevil fan and appreciating Natasha's history with Matt, I'm going to have to go with Black Widow. She's proved many a time she can hold her own and someone you can rely on - more than once helped DD out of a scrape or two. I never really got into Carol as Captain Marvel.

Incredible Member

I've had to vote for 'Tasha for a number of reasons, I like Scarlett Johansen in the Avengers films, I enjoy her history with both Matt and Clint and I find her backstory to be the more interesting of the 2.

CIVIL WAR II hasn't done Carol any furthers in my book either, she's just coming over as an aggressive dictator to my mind (she is more sympathetic in her solo book but if you go by the main CWII mini she is not coming over well at all IMHO)

Cheers.

James.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Black Widow by Far. She has a great backstory and has better relationships with Characters in the Marvel U at large because of that Black Widow has unlimited story potential. Marvel just never seems to find a permanent role for Carol. DeConnick did a decent job but the damage done to Carol's character in the first Civil War really hurt her in my opinion. Civil War II isn't really helping Carol either.
    Given the comicbook character Natasha Romanoff's relationships in the 616 Marvel Universe I would appreciate it very much for the MCU Black Widow to appear in future seasons of the NetFlix series Daredevil and Luke Cage.

Liked Carol better back when talent like Claremont (and even Brian Reed) was writing her. But ever since KSD took over I like Natasha better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Go back a few years and this would have been a tough choice. But Carol's become less a character and more a gimmick since 2012, so it's Tasha by a country mile.
    I agree with the view that the comicbook character Carol Danvers has become less a character and more a gimmick since 2012.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

A tale of two eras...

1970s - early 2000s when I stopped reading comics: Carol Danvers...and it wasn't even close.

Now that I've come back to comics for a bit: Black Widow...and it's not even close.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The movie Black Widow inclined me to choose Black Widow over Carol.
    I am inclined to believe that movie Carol who is set to debut in 2018 Avengers: Infinity War will be as likable as movie Black Widow.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Widow. She's more consistently written for me but I do enjoy both characters.

Rogue. Well, kidding. Kinda. The first ever Marvel character I liked and my favorite X-Men is Rogue from the 90s cartoons. That was also my first exposure to Ms. Marvel/Carol Danvers so I'm predisposed to not liking her. Yeah, Carol was the victim but I wasn't really feeling particularly sympathetic towards her.

Black Widow, I loved ever since I watched the first Avengers movie. That was the first MCU movie I watched and I bought the MCU Phase I Blu-ray collection to watch the earlier films because of it. I didn't really care for Marvel aside from Spider-Man and X-Men prior to the Avengers movie. I was more into Batman and the Justice League.

Also, this:
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I've always enjoyed spy/assassin characters more than others.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Comics: Widow.

I don't like movie Widow though so I'm hoping Carol outshines her in the movies.
    It might happen.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I am inclined to believe that movie Carol who is set to debut in 2018 Avengers: Infinity War will be as likable as movie Black Widow.
    Likable? I highly doubt that considering the actress but I'm open to be surprised lol! I it's unfortunate that I've disliked both current comic and animated iteration of the character so I'm praying she is like a Toni Stark for me where I can't stand the character but love the actor and the performances. I have confidence in the Russo brothers to make me at least watch her
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-17-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

A few years ago I would have said Carol hands down.

Two Civil Wars later, though...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Tough, because they're very different characters. I enjoy both, but as simple preference, I've always enjoyed spy/assassin characters more than others.
    Good point that them being very different characters makes it tough to make a choice.