View Poll Results: Who do you like more: Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel or Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel

74 29.72%
  • Natasha Romanova aka Black Widow

175 70.28%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who does Stevil like more: Carol or Natasha?

Carol for the win.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    For me they are about dead even except for the fact that I find Black Widow's interactions and relationships with various marvel mainstays far more interesting than most of Carol's.
    I agree that marvel comics Natasha has interesting interactions and relationships with various marvel mainstays which makes it frustrating to me that the MCU Black Widow doesn't interact with the MCU Daredevil

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Black Widow all the way. Carol as Captain Marvel not even remotely as interesting as Carol as Ms.Marvel

Attachment 38439
    I only found the comicbook character Carol Danvers interesting as Ms. Marvel until Ms. Marvel #19 Aug 1978.
    After that the character was only interesting to me when becoming her 'own woman' by first being BINARY and later on WARBIRD.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I only found the comicbook character Carol Danvers interesting as Ms. Marvel until Ms. Marvel #19 Aug 1978.
    After that the character was only interesting to me when becoming her 'own woman' by first being BINARY and later on WARBIRD.
    Why do you always bring back inactive threads to say random shit like this?...

I never liked Black Widow till Scarlett Johansson and than the MEH versions. Since ScarJo dawned that jumpsuit I've been more or less a fan.

Carol Danvers is very hit or miss depending on how she is being written. She's a strong and opinionated character who I think Marvel mishandled years ago, but is trying to do right by their vision for her now. I read her largely during the Bendis Avengers era so my opinion of her varies based on Bendis' characterization
    The J-man

BANNED

Widow isn't stuck up and boring

Extraordinary Member

Before Civil War 2 I'd have said Carol.

Now, not so much.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I prefer Black Widow but mainly because I know the character a lot more

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Tough call.

I like them both, but Natasha's alwaays been just a bit more interesting.

Maybe because she just fits right into the Modesty Blaise Femspy archetype-she's worked better in solo stories just because she
    already has a ready made genre to play in.

While Carol's solo books have often foundered looking for a direction.
    To me, the character also works well in marvel team-up stories.

Carol Danvers, she would destroy Black Widow one on one and she is a better fit for the Avengers than the non powered Natasha.
    The Captain Marvels comics though are a horrible read.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Like many said: Both characters are great. But I enjoy more superheroic stories than spy thrillers, so Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Go back a few years and this would have been a tough choice. But Carol's become less a character and more a gimmick since 2012, so it's Tasha by a country mile.
    Yup. That's the way I feel too.

I like the idea of Captain Marvel more than I actually like her in her own series, where as Black Widow I'm not fussed about but her series are normally decent.

These two could be propped up as Marvel's World's Finest team. They are positioned as Superman/Batman bigtime as far as powers are concerned and somewhat in terms of personality. I wonder how these poll results would correspond to a Superman/Batman preference poll.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."