Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default The house that's running out of ideas.......

Just for fun this one. Whilst Marvel is embracing diversity but at the same time making too many changes which is putting off long term readers like myself, they continue to re-hash old stories. Secret wars, civil war for example. Given that in some cases Marvel is committing creative suicide with some stupid ideas (depending on your personal opinion), what's the next crazy idea Marvel will come up with? Bear in mind this is very much tongue in cheek......

The brain of Professor X is still in the head of Red skull right? If so, I expect the brain to take control and in turn make the red skull a hero as he saves the day.......sounds silly and stupid given the skull's history right? But Marvel court controversial ideas through the media so it really wouldn't shock me if they did!

Again, this thread is to be taken with a large pinch of salt!!

Well, you know, after the whole thing of the Captain Hydra, the Professor Red Skull actually sounds pretty likely.

All-New Member

That.....is what worries me!! If he wasn't a Nazi then I'd expect it to happen in the next year!!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Red Skull? On the side of the angels? Hell, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Marvel goes down that road. They did that once with Magneto, so anything is possible.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

1. Never ending events that focus on hero vs hero.

Avengers Dissassembled

House of M

Civil War

World War Hulk

Messiah Complex

Secret Invasion

Messiah War

Fear Itself

Schism

Shadowland

Avengers vs X-Men

Original Sin

AXIS

Hickman's Avengers/New Avengrers during the Incursion Arc.

Civil War II

Coming soon.

Divided in Marvel NOW 2.0

Inhumans vs X-Men

-Are there any villains left in the MU, I wonder?

2. A recent rash of paternity and maternity story lines.
    Who are Tony Stark's REAL parents, Jessica Drew's baby daddy, QS and SW were never mutants or the children of Magneto & Magda but cast off experiments by the High Evolutionary, Steve Roger's dad was an abusive drunk and now a HYDRA sympathizer, W̶h̶a̶t̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶H̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶i̶a̶'̶s̶ ̶R̶E̶A̶L̶ ̶s̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶A̶r̶n̶o̶. Next they'll be telling us that Thor isn't the son of Odin and that is what made him unworthy or some such nonsense.

3. Retcon till it feels right.

Nick Fury the murderer and assassin.

QS and Wanda were cast off experiments of the High Evolutionary and never mutants.

Squirrel Girl isn't a mutant anymore either.

HydraCap all along.

Tony's parentage situation.

4. Kill off characters just to bring them back later. Death has no meaning anymore, so why bother in the first place?

BANNED

Unicron1978 :
    The brain of Professor X is still in the head of Red skull right? If so, I expect the brain to take control and in turn make the red skull a hero as he saves the day.......sounds silly and stupid given the skull's history right? But Marvel court controversial ideas through the media so it really wouldn't shock me if they did!
    We had good Skull during AXIS. Why do this one more time?
    And don't forget that even heroes needed to use magic to create good Skull.
    And don't forget that Xavier couldn't take control when he was fighting against his favorite student and combined forces of X men, Avengers and Inhumans.
    If we will have good Skull it will be because he was created by magic or something similar or Skull is unconscious and Xavier control body.

HydraCap all along.
    He wasn't Hydra all along form what i know. He thinks that way because he was fixed by cosmic cube. Or am I wrong?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I think some fans might be out of ideas on what to buy too. After all who keeps buying these events? Hmmmm. I'll give you a hint. Its not the writers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Unicron1978 View Post
    Just for fun this one. Whilst Marvel is embracing diversity but at the same time making too many changes which is putting off long term readers like myself, they continue to re-hash old stories. Secret wars, civil war for example. Given that in some cases Marvel is committing creative suicide with some stupid ideas (depending on your personal opinion), what's the next crazy idea Marvel will come up with? Bear in mind this is very much tongue in cheek......

Again, this thread is to be taken with a large pinch of salt!!
    it's no more crazy an idea than Iron Doom

The next couple of years might look something like this

X-Men vs. Inhumans
    Relaunch with Actually Different From Last Time Marvel

Avengers vs. Inhumans
    Relaunch with Marvel Now (no really this time)

Guardians of the Galaxy vs. Avengers
    Relaunch with Really Totally Different Marvel Honestly

Avengers and Guardians vs X-Inhumans
    relaunch with Marvel Now (we really mean it this time)

BANNED

Running out of ideas?
    Ran out of ideas ages ago more likely.

Besides the constant hero vs hero events, the fact that they thought it wS a good idea to rip off Minority Report shows that yes, they've completely ran out of original ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Besides the constant hero vs hero events, the fact that they thought it wS a good idea to rip off Minority Report shows that yes, they've completely ran out of original ideas.
    It isn't a bad idea, but the conflict feels forced. Tony Stark reacted very strongly too soon, and Carol went full Gestapo very easily. Not to mention that the governemt gave its approval to a supranational organization operating on American soil following the instructions of an Inhuman subject to a foreign monarch far too easily...

This is something that needed some build up. Heroes should have started working together at a reasonable middle ground, and have drifted apart slowly as Carol and Maria Hill relied more and more on Ulysses and pushed for new legislation giving them more freedom of action, and Tony and other heroes felt more and more unconfortable as their actions became closer to a violation of constitutional rights.
    Last edited by Habis; 07-29-2016 at 06:08 AM.

Marvel is just trying to get in the news. The X-Men have been a diverse group for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Marvel is just trying to get in the news. The X-Men have been a diverse group for decades.
    Which they can't monetize for film. Which is why there has been an Inhumans push, among other things.

Mighty Member

Can't even remember how many times I've seen threads like this since I started reading comics again in 2009. I think it's the internet that's run out of ideas.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

I feel like Power Pack vs. Young Avengers is right around the corner
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher