Super Moderator

Default Yes, Negan Will F---ing Swear on "The Walking Dead" Season 7

Jeffrey Dean Morgan discussed what he could and couldn't say as Negan in the seventh season of "The Walking Dead."

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

I pity the US that this is newsworthy.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Whew!

*Wipes forehead.*

Big load off my mind. I just don't know how I could've gone on living without gratuitous F-bombs. /Sarcasm.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

It blows me away that AMC's standards and practices views language more offend able than the gratuitous graphic violence and gore this shows has. The producers have already said they're going to be pushing the boundary lines with how violent and graphic whoever dies at the hands of Negan/Lucille will be. FX has gone into the realm of the f-bomb when it calls for it. USA network has been doing it lately. Why the hell not with a show that is pretty much a gore and horror show? Do they think lots of kids watch this show and they don't want to offend anyone? Gimme a break AMC.

Thank God, while I don't think he HAS to swear to be a good Negan, but I do think Negan loses something without his dirty vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Thank God, while I don't think he HAS to swear to be a good Negan, but I do think Negan loses something without his dirty vocabulary.
    I agree 1000%. When I saw Negan in season 6 it wasn't Negan. The F bombs are part of his character. As funny as it is to say, it's totally true. Some of the crap he says in the comic is just so out there it's hilarious. And the F bombs are part of it.

BANNED

Unfortunately, he's clearly saying the takes with the F-word will never make it to TV.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 07-29-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    It blows me away that AMC's standards and practices views language more offend able than the gratuitous graphic violence and gore this shows has. The producers have already said they're going to be pushing the boundary lines with how violent and graphic whoever dies at the hands of Negan/Lucille will be. FX has gone into the realm of the f-bomb when it calls for it. USA network has been doing it lately. Why the hell not with a show that is pretty much a gore and horror show? Do they think lots of kids watch this show and they don't want to offend anyone? Gimme a break AMC.
    What shows on USA have f-bombs? I haven't heard any f-bombs on basic cable outside Comedy Central, IFC(if that counts as basic, it has R rated movies on that are totally uncut), and maybe FX but I don't watch the channel that much to say for sure.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    What shows on USA have f-bombs? I haven't heard any f-bombs on basic cable outside Comedy Central, IFC(if that counts as basic, it has R rated movies on that are totally uncut), and maybe FX but I don't watch the channel that much to say for sure.
    There've been some f-bombs on Mr Robot this season.

It's a weird double standard where eviscerations and people getting eaten alive is OK but heaven forbid someone use the wrong swear word

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by newy View Post
    I pity the US that this is newsworthy.
    This is a comic book/entertainment forum and people like the Walking Dead.

What exactly are you expecting to find here? Current world affairs and political commentary?

SyFy's The Magicians had a pretty intense 1st season as it progressed to it's season finale. Not only was it a graphic show at times, but the themes of the show were pretty adult. Definitely an adult Harry Potter as I've heard it described. In terms of the swearing, this show airs in foreign markets where swearing probably isn't as big as a deal like it is on most networks here in the U.S. Rather than just film different versions of a scene like TWD in the finale and where Rick dropped the f-bomb in the rail car at Terminus, they just silenced over the many characters many use of the f-word that happened a lot during it's season. That way then on the blu-ray release you can watch it in unsilenced over. It's just another example of hypocrisy of sorts where words are dubbed more offensive than visuals and actions.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 08-01-2016 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjonator View Post
    There've been some f-bombs on Mr Robot this season.
    That's what I was referring to earlier. Thank for the mention.