Super Moderator

Default While Everyone is Fixated on "Captain America," You Should Really be Reading "The Fix"

While the writer takes heat for his "Captain America" storyline, his superb series "The Fix" receives relatively little attention.

Full article here.

All-New Member

The Fix is a great book. And after the Spence/Leiber team-up on Superior Foes of Spider-Man, I was fully on board for a creator owned book by that team. It's funny and light hearted, with just the right amount of tension mixed in. Image isn't doing too many books like The Fix, but if a crooked buddy cop story sounds like your cup of tea, it's worth reading.

I am reading and loving it so far.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

The Fix is AWESOME!!!! One of my top four reads.

Spencer seems drawn to the ne'er do well, loser who isn't 'quite' a hero, type of book. SFOSM and Ant Man both prove his skill in that subgenre, and The Fix seems to be right in line with this. Kind of makes me wonder if he's the right choice for a straight up "noble hero" book like Captain America.

He would actually be my choice for a Thunderbolts book, but I see that's already taken, unfortunately.

All-New Member

Yup. Highly recommended.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Have really enjoyed it so far and actually my other half, who is getting into comics (mostly because they are piled all over our flat and she was either going to read them or use them to give me papercuts between all my fingers) has liked the first couple of issues which is a good sign of interesting fans both old and new.

Spencer claims everyone who bashes his Captain America run is just angry at his liberal slant. Even the OP claims he is "taking heat" for it. I am completely liberal and here to say that his Capain America is just plain bad. This book goes beyond making political point and is just a new level of preachy. The dialogue and plot always feel forced.

That said, The Fix is awesome and maybe the best thing Spencer has done. It gets his points across through storytelling instead of Captain America's obvious, direct monologues.

Absolutely love this series.

I love the Fix - really great story and much better than any "work for hire" (did give Cap. America a try, not convinced I'll stay with it though)