Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

I dislike her outfit sooooo much

I knew I had to give a chance to the new course of Batgirl now that Ms. Larson was on the title and I'm glad to be proven right just from the start.

Away from her stupid supporting cast in the district of Gotham City where ethnic/sexual diversity, blandness and canned good feelings blend together in a uniquely insipid cocktail also known as Burnside...

... in a Far East where there's more about Japan than anime-land Tokyo, like an Okinawa archipelago, home of the most long-lived population on Earth (next to Sardinia) and cradle of the Karate fighting style, which is very appropriately the dwelling place of the oldest vigilante of the DC Universe (DC, give us back historical depth! A 10-year-old superhero universe is an insult to our intelligence)...

... looking for adventures with Kai, a diverse supporting character I can finally like since he wasn't solely created to serve as a crutch to a Miss Gordon who time and time again was shown to have just evolved in a different kind of disabled person, one I sometimes actively despised...

...and with Rafael Albuquerque on pencils, my reading experience of this title isn't anymore nourishment for my chronic, boundless and once apparently incurable apathy if not dislike for the character of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl (as opposed to my unshakeable love for Oracle and Cass Cain).

I fear that this newfound era of good feelings will end as soon as Hope Larson is off the book, not unlike what happened after Genevieve Valentine left Catwoman. And that everything could start going pear-shaped when she'll be back from her trip to Burnside, since salvaging that sewer could be beyond any creative mind's ability. But that won't deter me from enjoying as much as I can of this miraculous run!

One last thing: every time I read the name Fruit-Bat I'm brought back to the first time I made the mistake of reading the subtitles of an anime opening song. For some reason, I cannot shake off the feeling that that wasn't exactly Larson's intention. Man, translating from Japanese is weeeird.