Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This CBR showcases several of these - https://www.cbr.com/tag/follow-the-path/

This article was pretty interesting:
    How the First Shazam Movie Continued the Plot Into the Comics! - https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-s...rial-scorpion/

Explores how some plot details and characters were continued in the "Action Books", and at least part into the comics.

I'de love to see the Scorpion return, he makes for a great Captain Marvel villain and for the new take on the SHAZAMily, particularly with the scorpion device with it's 6 color lenses.
    In the film the 6 lenses are each divided among scientist so they can never be used together.
    They could easily be updated to parallel the modern SHAZAMily with the 6 heroes and powers set ascribed to lens, either stealing or duplicating them:

Solomon (wisdom) - Eugene - Green lens
    Hercules (strength) - Pedro - Orange lens
    Achilles (courage) - Mary - White(or clear) lens
    Zeus (power) - Billy - Red lens
    Atlas (stamina) - Freddy - blue lens
    Mercury (speed) - Darla - Purple lens

Each corresponding color lens, divided they are powerless, yet when combined together through the scorpion device, they can be made some kind of super-weapon against them, that can neutralize or extract their powers.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-21-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    The Hanna Barbera version is the one I was thinking of. I know people like the Young Justice versions, but I don't care for the fact that he's a teenager and I just don't like his origin. I usually like teen characters, but lately it seems like there are a million of them in comics and the old ones don't get a proper send-off before they're ignored and replaced with a new crop. As for origins, it's the whole bit with him being experimented on by aliens. The Hanna Barbera El Dorado had no origin.
    As far as permanently introducing the 7 Hanna Barbera created "Friends", as regulars into the DCU, I would love to see it.

I think it's ironic that both JLAnimated, and Young Justice cartoons are the ones that gave them huge nods by updating them to fit their own narrative and look. They also somewhat kept them together as a group. Which is important.

Yet DC proper has mostly either ignored them with just a few sporadic nods, and in doing so relegated them to their solo ethnic milieux. Particularly disavowing them as ever having existing as group or team together, which is the whole point.
    And is what I'd most like to see transferred into the comics.
    They really would make a formidable team.

As far as which cartoon version to use, I've posted this elsewhere;
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3492429
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...st1990372Using
    I think there is a visual and thematic middle-ground combining all 3 of their cartoon incarnations, that can be achieved. A hybrids of the names and visuals where everyone would recognize their version.

Like you I don't particularly like the origins given in either cartoon. JLAnimated they are experiments in lab, with no personal history or connection to their powers or motive. In YJ they are instead experimented by aliens. Neither do them justice.
    However JLAnimated did give them some nicely updated modern (less ethnic cliche) looks, and YJ gave them distinct civilian personalities, and looks. None of which the SuperFriends had.

So using the SuperFriends version as the main templates. Adding some updated JLAnimated looks, and making their civilian ID's (although a little older) somewhat based on YJ.

An amalgam version of this group of 7 could actually exist as a legit team in DCU comics canon.

1- Tye /Apache/ Long Shadow - (with his giant astral projecting self)
    2- Toshio / Samurai-Wind-dragon / Eto (wind elemental and heat-burst samurai sword)
    3- Buster/ Volt "Lightning" / Jones (named after the man who voiced him on SF)
    4- Eduardo/ El "Desperado" / Dorado (The original teleporter of the DCU)
    5- Add YJ's Asami distinguished from Toshio (her cousin) give her Ch'i / Qi (氣), "energy force" powers.
    6-7- The Exor Twins! / Zan & Jayna (and no they are not white or albino, HB had them as the first non-green non-caucasian humanoid looking aliens, DC should stop pretending they were white)
    Also give Zan his as originally conceived all around elemental, (who like his sister becoming any beast, he was actually to powerful so they made it just water), yet he could emulate any element water(ice), fire, air, earth, and take on any elemental physical forms of each.
    & Gleek!
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-29-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Seriously can’t believe Red X hasn’t been used in the comics. He would be great as a Titans or Nightwing villain and he has a cool character design.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Seriously can’t believe Red X hasn’t been used in the comics. He would be great as a Titans or Nightwing villain and he has a cool character design.
    Yeah, Red X has a great visual, would love to see him developed as an ongoing character in DC comics.
    Could there be a comic publishing trademark conflict, with Dark Horse's "X" another anti-hero vigilante, who implicitly uses a Red X icon on his face. ?

Last edited by Güicho; 08-31-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Definitely Red X from the Teen Titans animated series:
    Parallel threads - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ke-to-be-canon

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

I'de love to see the Scorpion return, he makes for a great Captain Marvel villain and for the new take on the SHAZAMily, particularly with the scorpion device with it's 6 color lenses.
    In the film the 6 lenses are each divided among scientist so they can never be used together.
    They could easily be updated to parallel the modern SHAZAMily with the 6 heroes and powers ascribed to each lens, either stealing or duplicating them:;

Solomon (wisdom) - Eugene - Green lens
    Hercules (strength) - Pedro - Orange lens
    Achilles (courage) - Mary - White(or clear) lens
    Zeus (power) - Billy - Red lens
    Atlas (stamina) - Freddy - blue lens
    Mercury (speed) - Darla - Purple lens

Each corresponding color lens, divided they are powerless, yet when combined together through the scorpion device, they can be made some kind of super-weapon against them, that can neutralize or extract their powers.
    Oh damn, just realized it was brought into the comics.
    must read !

Last edited by Güicho; 08-21-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    With the numerous adaptations of the DCU in various tv shows, movies and other media, we've had characters debut in these adaptations instead of in the comics. Some have been brought into the comics, others have not but hopefully will be. Of these characters that debuted in adaptations of the DCU, which was your favorite?
    Nia Nal aka Dreamer - a distant ancestor of Nura Nal aka Dream Girl.

BANNED

The Phantasm and Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    The Phantasm and Harley Quinn.
    Did Batman:TAS also create The Grey Ghost or was he from some comic? He was a pretty cool "pulp-esque" hero worthy of pre-dating Batman as a Gotham man of mystery.

Terry McGinnis. Big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Did Batman:TAS also create The Grey Ghost or was he from some comic? He was a pretty cool "pulp-esque" hero worthy of pre-dating Batman as a Gotham man of mystery.
    He was created for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    He was created for the show.
    Yeah he was created for the show, both a nod to the Shadow and The Phantom both influence on Batman.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-21-2020 at 11:06 AM.

The Wonder Twins

Apache Chief

Black Vulcan

Red Claw (Batman: TAS)

Livewire

Inque (Batman Beyond)

Ditto on Red X, though a lot of the fans of Red X do believe he was actually Jason Todd (the theory even got a shoutout from the creators). Which, if done in an Elseworlds, I could totally see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Inque (Batman Beyond)
    Curare? What about her? I liked her.