Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default The LEGO Thread.

Come here to talk about all things LEGO!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member

LEGO is life.

Life is LEGO.

There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I'm always amazed at how much they're charging for them! Have they always been so expensive?
    www.PlanetThundersnow.com My Epic Intergalactic Medieval Space Opera Free Webcomic

BANNED

Kids today...

Back in the day we had to make our X-Wings and TIE-Fighters from generic Lego blocks, and we LIKED it!

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord_Thundersnow View Post
    I'm always amazed at how much they're charging for them! Have they always been so expensive?
    Yea, they have always been pretty expensive. But it has gotten to the point where it is just plain ridiculous. I mean theres sets that get up to $300 or more! Who has the money to buy such an expensive set!?

As for me, my favorite thing about LEGO is the Minifigures, so i'd rather just buy the ones I want separately online. Unless the set is neat enough and reasonably priced. Also like that they do Blindbag minifigures now. Wish they had done that when I was a kid.

BANNED

As a person from Denmark Lego was always part of my life in some way as a kid. We kids would love it because it was a great toy, and even the conservative old fashioned relatives would be okay with it and give it for birthdays/Christmas because it was "a good Danish product". And no I am not kidding I once got a set as a gift from my uncle where he said those exact Words, despite the toys even at that point not actually being made in Denmark anymore.

Extraordinary Member

I need the Batgirl figure.

And yes, LEGO is incredibly expensive. I go on Ebay and find loose figures, the price is also steep but I rather have a cool figure of a character I like than an actual set which I have to build, break and store away.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Kids today...

Back in the day we had to make our X-Wings and TIE-Fighters from generic Lego blocks, and we LIKED it!
    Me and my brother once made a fortress out of random pieces when we were playing Runescape and were afraid of the demon, Delrith. Instead of actually fighting it, we just made a LEGO tribute xD

New Summer 2016 LEGO Sets available on the LEGO Store website. http://www.thebrickfan.com/new-summe...-for-purchase/

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I need the Batgirl figure.

And yes, LEGO is incredibly expensive. I go on Ebay and find loose figures, the price is also steep but I rather have a cool figure of a character I like than an actual set which I have to build, break and store away.

I usually look for minifigures on Amazon, you can find the DC & Marvel superhero ones for reasonable prices most of the time. And some of the smaller sets are abit cheaper on there then in stores as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I usually look for minifigures on Amazon, you can find the DC & Marvel superhero ones for reasonable prices most of the time. And some of the smaller sets are abit cheaper on there then in stores as well.
    There always seems to be some price gouging on Amazon with the minifigs that I want to buy. Life's hard.
    I dig music, comics and pop culture so I started a blog. It has almost ended me.

http://tigrtigr.com

http://forum.tigrtigr.com

Love, love, LOVE Lego. Seriously the biggest regret of my life was giving away my lego collection when I was 16. OHHHHHH how I regret it. The day I was able to play Wiccan in Marvel Lego... the sun shone, the birds sung, it was glorious

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Yeah, I too regret getting rid of my childhood LEGO collection.