Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 LastLast

I don’t think it’s Bucky. Remember in the last series, the woman from the Red Room who was after her was a cyborg. It’s most likely her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don’t think it’s Bucky. Remember in the last series, the woman from the Red Room who was after her was a cyborg. It’s most likely her.
    Yeah, I don't think it's a man.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I was asking who she was prior to needing mechanical parts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I wonder who that cyborg was before becoming a cyborg.
    You're thinking it might actually be Maria?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    You're thinking it might actually be Maria?
    Or someone from the rogues gallery. But they almost went there with MODAM.

They did it, the madmen did it

Not quite sisters... yeah, that's actually true, they're actually AU versions of the same person. Nadia's native to the Academy universe but Hope isn't (hence the line about Hank not quite being her father, not here), she's one of several time travellers (Stinger is as well - the reason being that both Janet and Scott are teenagers themselves and can't possibly have teenage daughters).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not quite sisters... yeah, that's actually true, they're actually AU versions of the same person. Nadia's native to the Academy universe but Hope isn't (hence the line about Hank not quite being her father, not here), she's one of several time travellers (Stinger is as well - the reason being that both Janet and Scott are teenagers themselves and can't possibly have teenage daughters).
    I'm curious, what is Nadia's story if she's native to the Academy universe? So her father is Hank (this Hank from the AA universe?) but is her mother Maria like in the comics?

I'm just very curious, as I don't play this game

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Yes. AA's Hank is a teacher, not a student, so he wasn't de-aged to his teens. That meant they could faithfully adapt Nadia's comic storyline, except that instead of being adopted by Janet, she actually gets to meet Hank.
    https://avengers-academy.wikia.com/wiki/Nadia_Pym
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes. AA's Hank is a teacher, not a student, so he wasn't de-aged to his teens. That meant they could faithfully adapt Nadia's comic storyline, except that instead of being adopted by Janet, she actually gets to meet Hank.
    https://avengers-academy.wikia.com/wiki/Nadia_Pym
    Thanks So at least, this Nadia's story isn't as sad as the comic book one, and she gets to meet her dad. That's good

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

So Janet isn’t the mother of Nadia?

No. Maria Trovaya, Hank's first wife, is. When Nadia arrived in the US, she came to his home, and found a newspaper - with the front page story saying Hank had been killed (FCBD ANAD Avengers 2016). So she went to the Avengers (ANAD Avengers 9). Jarvis put her in touch with Janet, who of course was her stepmother. They bonded (ANAD Avengers 14, Unstoppable Wasp 7), and at the end of the first Unstoppable Wasp volume, Nadia asked to take Janet's surname (Unstoppable Wasp 8). She formally adopted her (confirmed in Ant-Man and the Wasp 1, which called Nadia "Janet's adopted step").

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    They should change the tone, change the artists, change the secondary characters (they can keep Jarvis, Jan and Bobbi), stop with the heavy-handed social messages, have Nadia do something constructive for the greater good instead of a limiting agenda (i.e. do some actual superhero stuff), more Jan, change the target audience, educate the writer about what a scientist actually does in a day, ...

Basically, start from scratch.

Sorry. I honestly don't hate the character of Nadia, but this comic book was a pain to read. Literally nothing happened in the 8 issues it ran, and barely 7000 people bought it by the end. If it did well in trades, then they should maybe go with hard covers, OGN for kids/young teens, and not floppies. It seems like a waste of money to go for floppies when they know it won't sell. Stick to OGN in that case.
    Sorry to bring this topic up again, but I just finished reading The Unstoppable Wasp and Ant Man and The Wasp, and regarding The Unstoppable Wasp, these are exactly my thoughts about it. I like Nadia, I like her backstory, I like her interactions with Jan (mainly), Jarvis and Bobbi, but the book's tone seems just... off. Mark Waid did a way better job in the Champions addressing similar topics, and he did a way better job in Ant Man and The Wasp (although it doesn't exactly set Nadia around her "usual" environment and the people she knows, so I kinda missed that). I think the girls from G.I.R.L should still be around in the book, but have a less prominent participation, and we should see more of Jan, mainly, and Bobbi. Also, they should bring some of the Champions to interact with Nadia. I think Viv should be a somewhat frequent character (I mean, she doesn't have her own book and, as Nadia already said, they are family, after all).

Fair point. Kamala's the only other Champion to have appeared in Nadia's book so far - in issue 1. And that was set before the Champions were formed (Viv did get mentioned - they hadn't met yet, they finally did so in Secret Empire). The new volume, of course, is set a fair bit later, after Nadia has joined the Champions and left the Avengers (she was actually on double duty from Worlds Collide onwards, and only left the Avengers because her squad disbanded at the end of No Surrender).

Another possible guest star is Iron Man, because his latest girlfriend is Janet (as will be established in this week's issue of his book).