Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

The girls are back, Mockingbird and Janet supporting characters. I'm on board.

Of course my ideal version would be a duo Wasps book but I'll take a supporting role for Jan too.

Fantastic Member

Yay to Jan and Bobbi!!

Hmm they even got Gurihiru on art duty this time. The moe will be strong with this one . Really hoping that we get to see more of her and Janet’s dynamic in this and more superheroing compared to the last series.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I'm curious to see what they do with it; change of tone maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

I wonder why the new SHIELD hasn't recruited Nadia, yet. she's more science-y than Miles.
    11/10/2016

I like that Monica Rappaccini is remaining a Pym family rogue. the art isn't to my liking. but I get that it's geared to a younger demographic.
    11/10/2016

I love Gurihiru's art, I am glad they are still getting work in the industry.
    PLUS ULTRA!

BANNED

Whitley AGAIN? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Whitley AGAIN? Ugh.
    It does seem a bit odd to bring back the same writer for a relaunch especially given just how bad and fast the sales dipped. They’re gonna have to have some different play with the book this time around if they don’t want history to repeat.

Kind of surprised to see them relaunch the book given it wasn't given the benefit that other Scholastic, all ages, Marvel books were given, particularly so given the Ant-Man and Wasp mini already coming out.

I guess Marvel wants to have another Wasp book out around the time of the movie. Will they also relaunch Ant-Man?

Gurihiru on art is a steal.

It sounds like Nadia will be dealing with the fallout of Pymtron's actions, which a part of me thinks would feel a tad out-of-place in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of surprised to see them relaunch the book given it wasn't given the benefit that other Scholastic, all ages, Marvel books were given, particularly so given the Ant-Man and Wasp mini already coming out.

I guess Marvel wants to have another Wasp book out around the time of the movie. Will they also relaunch Ant-Man?

Gurihiru on art is a steal.

It sounds like Nadia will be dealing with the fallout of Pymtron's actions, which a part of me thinks would feel a tad out-of-place in this book.
    I don’t know about the synergy angle as that seems to be the point of the Ant-Man and the Wasp mini and one-shot.

Yes! Very happy about this. And it happened entirely because of the trade sales. It did poorly in floppies, but it's done really well in trades. Which is also why Whitley's still writing: It did well in trades in large part because of how he wrote it. A different writer would make a different book, and there's no guarantee it would have the same success. So keeping Whitley on as the writer is just common sense. The book wasn't actually broken, so no need to fix it.

I'm really happy to see the whole cast back, too. They were great characters with great chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm curious to see what they do with it; change of tone maybe.
    They should change the tone, change the artists, change the secondary characters (they can keep Jarvis, Jan and Bobbi), stop with the heavy-handed social messages, have Nadia do something constructive for the greater good instead of a limiting agenda (i.e. do some actual superhero stuff), more Jan, change the target audience, educate the writer about what a scientist actually does in a day, ...

Basically, start from scratch.

Sorry. I honestly don't hate the character of Nadia, but this comic book was a pain to read. Literally nothing happened in the 8 issues it ran, and barely 7000 people bought it by the end. If it did well in trades, then they should maybe go with hard covers, OGN for kids/young teens, and not floppies. It seems like a waste of money to go for floppies when they know it won't sell. Stick to OGN in that case.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Interesting Marvel wants to resurrect this title. It's welcome because more comics isn't usually a bad thing, but I'm curious how long it lasts.